michibella

michibella

Apr 25, 2024
Not what do you THINK happens but if you could take your pick what would you choose for yourself.

I go back and forth between a few options like hoping I could rewind time and get to fix my mistakes and live an alternate version of this life where I could be happy.
Or maybe reincarnating as someone else and lead a happy life, the life I wish I could have had.
Or maybe waking up in a much better world and finding out all this life was a simulation of sorts.
Sometimes I just wish I actually died completely since all this life business is pretty exhausting but I think I'd favor the 2nd or 3rd scenario

Reactions: voudebase, mateusz432, Life'sA6itch and 1 other person
L

Life'sA6itch

Oct 29, 2023
I literally have no regrets, no desire for 2nd chances, etc. I choose lights out. No desire for fade to black, immediate lights out. Life is exhausting

Reactions: sserafim and DeathSkullDude1
DeathSkullDude1

DeathSkullDude1

Jun 2, 2024
I wish I could tour the universe in some out of body experience. That would be cool.

Reactions: sserafim
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
If it isn't revenge I'm not fucking interested

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
I really want to be reborn, as someone pretty, in rich family. Just give me happy and healthy life instead of this shithole. I honestly wish that I could be reborn to my country again, but this type with better life.

The only thing risky about this wish is that there is big chance I could be reborn and end up worse than I'm rn

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
As I've said many many many many many times before, I really hope the afterlife is just like it is at the end of The Good Place show where depending on how many points you've earned you either get sent straight to eternal paradise or if you weren't good enough, you simply get put into numerous simulations and situations that were designed to help you grow and actually become a better person worthy of Heaven. You get infinite tries to fully redeem yourself because literally everybody deserves infinite chances. Then once you've spent multiple eternities doing everything you could have ever wanted to do, there is the option to walk through a door which will peacefully end your existence in the best possible way and cause your essence to return to the universe and eventually motivate someone else's good deed.

ayanti

ayanti

Death Seeker
Aug 22, 2024
I'm not entirely sure; I'm not religious (agnostic). However, I hope there is no Heaven or Hell. I would love to experience the first option you described: rewind time and fix all my problems, living a happy alternate of this life.

Or the option of reincarnation (which I believe to be the most plausible thing after death). I would love to get the chance to live again, as someone who appreciates and enjoys life.

daysnumbered

daysnumbered

To be or not to be
Aug 21, 2024
It would be cool if the astral realm existed, and I could just be a spirit exploring different realms and universes.

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing, I only wish and hope for nothingness, I only hope to never suffer in this cruel and torturous existence ever again, I simply don't wish to experience anything at all, instead I just wish to be unaware where all is finally forgotten about for me, I never wish to experience anything at all. For me the only comfort lies in never existing again, I just want to rest for all eternity.

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB
yellowjester

yellowjester

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I'd like to think that when I die
I'd get a chance, another time
And to return and live again
Reincarnate, play the game
Again and again and again and again

dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
Oblivion or just your energy becoming part of a universal collective consciousness. But I definately would not want to reincarnate or ever come back to earth.

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
Just gone. Complete destruction. That's the only way I can be pure.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I hope I can still exist somewhere without physical pain and discomfort, but I know that's just a fantasy. I don't really want to die, but the only way to escape this pain is death. I hate it.

BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Aug 29, 2024
I don't think I hope for anything in particular. Every now and then I check in on what physicists are figuring out about cosmology and such, as much as I can follow about what the hell this universe is. I've run down the philosophical rabbit holes so many times that I'm not too stressed about after death possibilities, whether I can conceive of them or not.

Either nothing happens, which would just be what it is. If that's like whatever state I was in before existing, well I don't really think that "felt" like anything at all, you know, being nothing and all that lol.

But if something happens, whatever that is, then either I do or don't have a recollections living this life. If I do exist again and remember this life, even if the universe fucks around and exists as something completely different than what it's doing right now with stars, planets, time dilation, and jumping spiders, I figure I'll just try to deal with whatever existence is doing.

And that's not all too different than what we're doing here anyway. We suddenly exist, try to deal with it the best that we can, either like existing, don't like it at all, or something nuanced in-between. If I exist again and have no recollection of what happened before I existed, well that's precisely what I've been doing here all along anyway.

If I had to say one thing I would wish for, is that if I exist in a place that allows for suffering in life, like this world, I would hope to exist by accident if I did exist. Thinking about what happens to people here, I wouldn't choose to bring a life into existence here, not under these circumstances humans have been dealing with.

In a science-fictiony scenario, I think about life occurring in some primordial ooze like the ocean, but biological evolutionary processes are hyper-accelerated. Molecules and stuff fo their thing in the ooze and very rapidly an organism climbs out of the ooze, let's just say it's human-like for ease of visualization.

It wasn't born from any parents, any organisms that reasoned about their existence and what it's like to exist, and decided "yes, let's make a new life partake in this!". No this organism just happens to exist by chance.

Assuming organisms happen like this somewhat frequently in this universe, sure it might be discomforting to exist "without reason" at least in the sense that I wasn't "intentionally created." But in some perspectives that people have in this life, that's already kind of what this life feels like anyway.

But even if we exist without reason, if I find other organisms around me who are just as confused, maybe we could still reason in spite of it all, it's still good for us to try to have a good time if we can. Maybe make a fire and cook some fish after climbing out of the ooze.

Lol, very sorry about all this rambling. Take care! :)