cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
every night i feel horrible, and ive heard this is kinda universal, so what makes nights easier for u guys?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sylveon, wobblycoatrack, sleepy10 and 11 others
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
Music. It's the only thing that keeps me from grabbing a knife and ending it all at night. It's by far the worst point of the day for me and I'm an insomniac so that doesn't really help. But yeah, songs that can get me thinking about either the lyrics, the art, or the vibe. I like ballads a lot for this reason as they are literally stories, often romantic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon, deletedsnake, lifewasawillowtv and 7 others
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
There's panic deep inside. Emotions start to arise then I end up acting on those emotions. Can be self-destructive or somewhat helpful.

The helpful part I start asking if anyone would like to chat -- this helps me feel just a little less lonely. Chatting and especially voice chatting if I have the energy. Recently also started streaming art. Even with 1 or 0 viewers, it still makes me feel connected outside of this room, because I know people are probably passing by checking out my drawing.

The self-destructive part can vary and it tends to focus on a single person. I'm ruining my image and causing this person to hate me more. Which helps to fuel the CTB, honestly.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ash’Girl, Immensevoid and cats333
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Usually binge-watching something.

Distractions are the only thing that "help".

But of course it doesn't help, it only diverts the energy away from focus on the problem to something trivial.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Raindancer, Ash’Girl, bwerner and 7 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I drink, or I poke my friends to see if they can distract me or I come here and snoop around.

• Love
Reactions: Immensevoid and cats333
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Coming here is the only thing that I really do anymore. Finding a way to catch the bus is all I'm concerned with using my free time for. Everything else in this shitty scammy world is pointless.

Reactions: UnwillingSavior, Immensevoid and outrider567
idkrat

idkrat

Deluded rat
Dec 18, 2023
I tend to cry, maybe write or draw about my thoughts until suddenly feel better again and sleep (or play something on computer)

To me distractions from thinking sm helps a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and cats333
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Usually I'm able to fall asleep eventually. Being awake will always be dreadful and burdensome, sleeping is the best way to pass the time to me as it's the closest to not existing after all. It's cruel how we cannot just choose to fall into an dreamless and eternal sleep when we wish to, only the peace of eternal sleep is ideal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fall_Apart, cats333 and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I used to feel really terrible starting at 9 pm~ So I'd just always go to sleep then. Nowadays, I just go to sleep whenever I feel too bad~ There's really no point in being awake if you just feel miserable! :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon, cats333 and outrider567
Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Music, food, and beating my lonely tally whacker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylveon and UnwillingSavior
peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
music and cutting myself

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and cats333
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Read. Write. When sleep comes, sleep. Wake up with the dreaded nightmares and then it is just downhill.

• Love
Reactions: UnwillingSavior
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Nights are definitely worse than the daytime

Reactions: Kit1
Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
I used to cry sometimes but I am no longer able to, for some reason that I don't know. I now sit in the dark, wear my headphones and close my eyes, and think as if I am going to die just in a moment

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
I used to cry sometimes but I am no longer able to, for some reason that I don't know. I now sit in the dark, wear my headphones and close my eyes, and think as if I am going to die just in a moment
this happens to me too, i used to be able to cry and a couple years back i stopped being able to🫂 i get the feeling
Usually I'm able to fall asleep eventually. Being awake will always be dreadful and burdensome, sleeping is the best way to pass the time to me as it's the closest to not existing after all. It's cruel how we cannot just choose to fall into an dreamless and eternal sleep when we wish to, only the peace of eternal sleep is ideal.
sleeping is the only thing i look forward to when i wake up, i also wish there was voluntary eternal sleep

river

river

Nov 7, 2023
probably the same as most responses on here. distract myself with whatever. though most nights i end up just putting music on and staring blankly at my ceiling, hoping to cry until i pass out. or if it really does get too much, i pop some melatonin/sleeping pills and sleep it off.

• Hugs
Reactions: cats333 and Kit1
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm numb, no feelings here.

Reactions: idontknow99 and Kit1
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
Yea I hate the night too. I always hear from friends and family that the winter and nighttime are their favorites times of year, but personally I hate it when theres no sunlight. Everything slows down and I feel left alone. I used to be terrified of being the only person awake at night, now I'm filled with anxiety about wasting the day while it was here. It's really tough. Distractions through the night are all I can really do (Food, music, doom-scrolling, binging random yt vids, "degeneracy-moments"), etc…). I'm not proud of it, but I'm trying to break out of it. If I can anyways.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I distract myself with YouTube videos. Unfortunately I stay up too late and miss sleep which fucks my mental health further.

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
I'm numb, no feelings here.
kinda same here, dont feel much ever, but at night i dont exactly feel sad, but i feel so so incredibly empty like never before. is it similar for you?

Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
See, I actually like the night. I would be totally nocturnal if I didn't have to work day shifts.

The night is quiet. The world is mostly asleep. There is no pressure to be, say, do anything. For me, night time is peaceful. It's like I exist in my own little bubble of the twilight between… I don't know, reality and dreams maybe. It's the daylight I find harsh. Waking up. People. Hustle and bustle. It's too loud. It's too real. It's too much of a reminder of a world I don't "fit" in.

I actually prefer the dark. It feels safer, comforting, I'm anonymous. I even prefer going to the store in the dark. Streets are less busy. Stores are quieter.

Though, to be fair, I guess I distract myself with escapism: reading, gaming, internet scrolling, binge watching etc.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Fall_Apart
sleepy10

sleepy10

Nov 24, 2023
Honestly, i cry and i get on here. sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear but its the truth.

• Hugs
Reactions: cats333
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Honestly, i cry and i get on here. sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear but its the truth.
This and benzodiazepines, lol

• Love
Reactions: sleepy10
cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
See, I actually like the night. I would be totally nocturnal if I didn't have to work day shifts.

The night is quiet. The world is mostly asleep. There is no pressure to be, say, do anything. For me, night time is peaceful. It's like I exist in my own little bubble of the twilight between… I don't know, reality and dreams maybe. It's the daylight I find harsh. Waking up. People. Hustle and bustle. It's too loud. It's too real. It's too much of a reminder of a world I don't "fit" in.

I actually prefer the dark. It feels safer, comforting, I'm anonymous. I even prefer going to the store in the dark. Streets are less busy. Stores are quieter.

Though, to be fair, I guess I distract myself with escapism: reading, gaming, internet scrolling, binge watching etc.
i love the night, its so calm and i can finally stop acting and just exist, but it also gives me time to think and to exist within those feelings, hence why it sucks. but yes the night is gorgeous and definitely the best part of the day

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash’Girl
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I smoke and smoke and smoke and smoke and chew candy

• Love
Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
Scrolling through YouTube shorts distracts me, but it makes it hard to get to sleep. Music helps with sleeping sometimes, but sometimes it also sets off some of my worst thoughts. It's kind of a delicate balance for me; one of my favorite things is to go with one thought and keep going and start inventing a story that will keep my mind focused. That's usually how I get to sleep.

• Love
C

Cessation

Dec 21, 2023
Usually exercise or read, but I'm rapidly losing interest in everything.