CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
So basically I'm in complete emotional hell at the moment and I found out I need to wait about a month for something to happen. My plan is to just distract myself with food, youtube and games. While it can't bring me away from this emotional hellhole I'm in, it at least occasionally makes me forget reality. I was wondering what do other people do to make time go by faster. It's hard to imagine life without games and to many people and for most of human existence, that's the norm.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and demuic
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Drinking and video games. Sometimes books and a show called The Expanse. That's about it. Sorry I can't offer more ideas.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and CoolGuy9
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Drinking and video games. Sometimes books and a show called The Expanse. That's about it. Sorry I can't offer more ideas.
No need to apologize. This was more about me wondering what do people do to avoid pain. Also I asked this question mainly to avoid pain as I don't really have anything to do at the moment.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and Celerity
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I'm trying to beat all my steam library. Unlock achievements and see games at 100% makes me feel some comfort. I don't enjoy games at all when I'm going for the achievements but I barely enjoy things in life so this is better than nothing and keeps me entretained.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and CoolGuy9
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I'm trying to beat all my steam library. Unlock achievements and see games at 100% makes me feel some comfort. I don't enjoy games at all when I'm going for the achievements but I barely enjoy things in life so this is better than nothing and keeps me entretained.
Makes sense. Atm I'm trying to find a new game I can use to distract myself.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Makes sense. Atm I'm trying to find a new game I can use to distract myself.
I feel like FPS and racing games are the best genres for this. Don't think; just react.

Reactions: CoolGuy9 and BottomlessPit
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I also play video games. I will play for hours and the time will go by really quickly. I think open world games and multiplayer fps games are the easiest to get lost in.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, CoolGuy9 and Celerity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me, I try to sleep as much as possible. Apart from that it is just distractions like games, tv shows/anime. Essentially, life is just passing time until we die.

Reactions: CoolGuy9