Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
I consider myself to be a nihilist and don't really believe that anything happens after death. Your brain is the interface that generates your conciousness and allows you to experience the world, and once that's gone? That's it. It is good night forever.

Many people find Nihilism to be almost crippling if you dwell on it for too long. But I find great comfort in the idea that none of this really matters. We live, we laugh, we love, we cry, we suffer, we endure pain, and eventually we die. And when that happens? That's it, the shows over. And all of your life experiences will have been for nothing. You will forget everything and drift back into the abyss of nonexistence from which you came.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but that idea sounds way better than an afterlife for me.

So what do you guys think? Do you believe in an afterlife? Are you religious? Or do you just believe that death is nonexistence?

Reactions: Dead Horse, TheDevilsAngel and Fragile
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I'm very unsure... The most logical is nothingless imo....

Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
We live in hell. Upon death you will be sucked into a white light and greeted by a being which coincides with your believes, e.g. Jesus, Buddha, close ones, etc. 'They' will tell you that you need to live another life - to right the wrongs of your past life, for spiritual growth, or whatever is convenient to persuade you. Your memories will be wiped and you are sent back to earth as a new incarnation. The cycle continuous.

H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I'm a Christian, and when I die I believe I will go to Heaven.

Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
I'm a Christian, and when I die I believe I will go to Heaven.
That unfortunately conflicts with the widespread Christian belief that suicide is a cardinal sin and those who kill themselves will never make it into heaven.

I used to be Christian as well, but have abandoned religion quite some time ago.

H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
That unfortunately conflicts with the widespread Christian belief that suicide is a cardinal sin and those who kill themselves will never make it into heaven.

I used to be Christian as well, but have abandoned religion quite some time ago.
My church teaches that suicide is not the unpardonable sin. If a truly saved person commits suicide, they will still go to Heaven.

F

Finallyatpeace

Feb 6, 2020
That belief is becoming more common now. Suicide being an unpardonable sin is actually a myth and nowhere in the Bible. Hell, both King Saul and Samson both committed suicide, and I'm pretty sure they're in Heaven. I believe suicide is just another way of death, another path to the afterlife. I believe that's it's a death that's born of tragedy but ends with hope. And whatever that hope is for you, is what you'll get.

Reactions: Maravillosa
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
We live in hell. Upon death you will be sucked into a white light and greeted by a being which coincides with your believes, e.g. Jesus, Buddha, close ones, etc. 'They' will tell you that you need to live another life - to right the wrongs of your past life, for spiritual growth, or whatever is convenient to persuade you. Your memories will be wiped and you are sent back to earth as a new incarnation. The cycle continuous.

I believe in the exact thing and even though there is no evidence for it I somehow, for some reason, find it believable. The only thing I am unsure of is if Jesus, Buddha or whoever have anything to do with these things. Something much greater is at works I think. Heaven and Hell or some kind of afterlife never really made sense to me.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I'm a nihilist too, and I agree. On top of that, I think it's kind of cringy to still believe in a god in 2020. That also means heaven.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I believe nothing happens after death, just as if I was nothing before I was born/conceived.

Reactions: iki