Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
This finite life is uninteresting and repetitive. I couldn't imagine it stretched into forever.

• Love
Reactions: Inuyasha, starlightsun, Foreverix and 5 others
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
I like that question. I mean...you're right...what the heck do they think they'll be doing?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, psp3000 and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Learn how to play a harp maybe... Yeah- I've wondered that myself. I guess hell is kind of self explanatory- eternal torture but heaven? What does anyone do with eternity? I'd like to see my deceased family briefly for a hug and a catch up. I do love them but being aound one another for eternity? I think that would just lead to arguments.

Reactions: sserafim, Passersby, Hollowman and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I guess have a God Q&A but if I feel like they would need a lot of security because what if there's an assassination attempt but since he's God maybe you think he would have the power to predict or stop that

(also why would he basically want to create an Earth Part 2 in heaven if he already knows how the first one turned out

even if there's only "good" "holy" people in heaven people still have the choice and freedom of being corrupt I think I don't know so I think things would go bad very fast or overtime since everyone will eventually get bored and are so used to how things are done in the real world on Earth)

and have a glow that closely resembles Mr.Burns when he was radioactive
stoned lsd GIF

and learn how to walk and float on clouds ?
dragon ball 3k GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Foreverix
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I don't think it's like life here on earth. I imagine it could be whatever you want it to be. No diseases, pains, or hardships...

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
Yes, eternity would be hell for the general public but i don't think religious people would get tired of the constant repetitive days. All they do during their lives is pray and do their religious shit so i think they'll be just fine if they were ever cursed with having to live forever. Maybe they'd get bored after a few thousand years, who knows. (based on my experiences and interactions with religious people.)

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Foreverix and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't think it's like life here on earth. I imagine it could be whatever you want it to be. No diseases, pains, or hardships...
Sounds like fantasy BS especially if it can't be described at all.
Yes, eternity would be hell for the general public but i don't think religious people would get tired of the constant repetitive days. All they do during their lives is pray and do their religious shit so i think they'll be just fine if they were ever cursed with having to live forever. Maybe they'd get bored after a few thousand years, who knows. (based on my experiences and interactions with religious people.)
Reading the bible through every year sounds so boring. I've read it once and that was enough.

Last edited:
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I feel that the concept of heaven doesn't have time, it would never feel like eternity, heaven means anything you wish or want to do will be real, so essentially impossible to run out of things to do, my belief tho, but I also belief reincarnation, but spending my time in the warm clouds of heaven doesn't sound that bad tbh

brimstonenfire_rain

brimstonenfire_rain

Wonder of U
Jul 13, 2023
Heaven is bullshit, as many imagine God as an old man with a thick white beard who is in the clouds, or rather, this is what atheists think religious people think, and the most ignorant part of religious people who have never read a page of the book on which their own religion is founded. The "smartest" religious people know or think they know that in reality the people who go to "heaven" will enjoy the light of the lord eternally, they practically stay there for eternity admiring this light and they enjoy it. This is what I understood by being in contact all my life with religious people, the most ignorant, the "know-it-all" and the most zealots.

Now, I have always imagined this as the phototropism of moths, which in the night are attracted by the light of street lamps, and then get closer and get burned. I have always had this image in my head, many Christian moths were awestruck by seeing that light and following it, to reach it, and fall to the ground burned.

I dont think I explained it very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Heaven is bullshit, as many imagine God as an old man with a thick white beard who is in the clouds, or rather, this is what atheists think religious people think, and the most ignorant part of religious people who have never read a page of the book on which their own religion is founded. The "smartest" religious people know or think they know that in reality the people who go to "heaven" will enjoy the light of the lord eternally, they practically stay there for eternity admiring this light and they enjoy it. This is what I understood by being in contact all my life with religious people, the most ignorant, the "know-it-all" and the most zealots.

Now, I have always imagined this as the phototropism of moths, which in the night are attracted by the light of street lamps, and then get closer and get burned. I have always had this image in my head, many Christian moths were awestruck by seeing that light and following it, to reach it, and fall to the ground burned.

So eternal sun basking?

• Yay!
Reactions: Foreverix
S

Someonewhotypes

Feb 15, 2021
I doubt anyone thinks that far. Regular people don't go around thinking about death and what's after it much. Maybe you only get to think about it more when you're at the end of life, sick, or on other rarer occasions. But then the focus is just on surviving a bit longer and spending as much time as possible with loved ones.
So, the part where they think about what they'll do all eternity in heaven doesn't occupy their mind but perhaps for mere moments when they think it's something pleasing and something pleasing for eternity can't be anything but pleasing.

Reactions: jar-baby and sserafim
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I doubt anyone thinks that far. Regular people don't go around thinking about death and what's after it much. Maybe you only get to think about it more when you're at the end of life, sick, or on other rarer occasions. But then the focus is just on surviving a bit longer and spending as much time as possible with loved ones.
So, the part where they think about what they'll do all eternity in heaven doesn't occupy their mind but perhaps for mere moments when they think it's something pleasing and something pleasing for eternity can't be anything but pleasing.
What do the normies think about ?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

It's like how Icarus flew too close to the sun, right?

Epikur

Epikur

Oct 6, 2023
Religions are a socio-cultural phenomena that came up the very moment man discovered the truth about death and finitness after developing an independent and anticipating self. Animals do not have such a concept as far as we know. This was the first huge humilation of mankind! Others followed, like we were not in the center of the universe (Galileo) or that we are not in the center of creation but as naked apes a mere coincindence of evolution (Darwin) or that we are masters of our thoughts and will (Freud). But none of these humiliations were so powerful and outlasting than the notion of one´s own finiteness. So man developed religion. At their very core, all religions offer redemption to death. Garnished with a moral system that excludes those from redemption that do not obey to the rules. Before the age of enlightment, weird stories have been made up that people were willingly to believe.

What sucks me totally is that people nowadays (400 yrs after the age of enlitghment) still stick to that crap. How can mature human beings believe that they will encounter their ancestors? And live happily ever after? Christians say that animals do not have an immortal soul like man. Science tells us that up until today, as much as 100 bn (100.000.000.000) homo sapiens sapiens (bearing that immortal soul) have walked the surface of the world. Imagine the hustle and jostle up in heaven! And what will they do all day long? Terrible idea, isn´t it? How could you long for that horror?

I think it´s all about their tiny pitiful little egos that make people insist that this fundamental injustice (death) must somehow have a sequel. For me, i am glad that I do not stick to this bullshit and that I await a huge emptiness without any consciuosness remaining. Which is the best news about death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambivalent1
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Fulfill some of their brain desires that are ok with god.

People don't realise that all they want as a human is dictated by their brains. When you die how in the hell are you going to have same desires even if they resurrect you somehow?

It makes 0 sense to me but fiction finds ways to conveniently explain everything. Because since imagination can be infinite you can make up arguments.

Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
brimstonenfire_rain

brimstonenfire_rain

Wonder of U
Jul 13, 2023
Religions are a socio-cultural phenomena that came up the very moment man discovered the truth about death and finitness after developing an independent and anticipating self. Animals do not have such a concept as far as we know. This was the first huge humilation of mankind! Others followed, like we were not in the center of the universe (Galileo) or that we are not in the center of creation but as naked apes a mere coincindence of evolution (Darwin) or that we are masters of our thoughts and will (Freud). But none of these humiliations were so powerful and outlasting than the notion of one´s own finiteness. So man developed religion. At their very core, all religions offer redemption to death. Garnished with a moral system that excludes those from redemption that do not obey to the rules. Before the age of enlightment, weird stories have been made up that people were willingly to believe.

What sucks me totally is that people nowadays (400 yrs after the age of enlitghment) still stick to that crap. How can mature human beings believe that they will encounter their ancestors? And live happily ever after? Christians say that animals do not have an immortal soul like man. Science tells us that up until today, as much as 100 bn (100.000.000.000) homo sapiens sapiens (bearing that immortal soul) have walked the surface of the world. Imagine the hustle and jostle up in heaven! And what will they do all day long? Terrible idea, isn´t it? How could you long for that horror?

I think it´s all about their tiny pitiful little egos that make people insist that this fundamental injustice (death) must somehow have a sequel. For me, i am glad that I do not stick to this bullshit and that I await a huge emptiness without any consciuosness remaining. Which is the best news about death.
In fact, as I wrote above, in theory for Christians, it shouldn't be like that. I remember a situation where there's an ignorant Christian and a more "knowledgeable" one. The ignorant one thinks that the deceased are watching over us from up there and that once we die, we will meet them. The "knowledgeable" one contradicts this by saying that, in reality, no one is watching us, and once we die, we won't meet anyone because our soul will remain for eternity by God's side, in the warmth and beauty of that light, etc. etc.

In short, take my words with a grain of salt; if you want, ask a priest, maybe they can explain it better. But hey, I'll let you in on something: no religious person will think the same way as another because, obviously, they don't even agree with each other. Everyone has their own version of religion in mind, and it's logical that it's that way.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Fulfill some of their brain desires that are ok with god.

People don't realise that all they want as a human is dictated by their brains. When you die how in the hell are you going to have same desires even if they resurrect you somehow?

It makes 0 sense to me but fiction finds ways to conveniently explain everything. Because since imagination can be infinite you can make up arguments.
What are all the human desires? I can think of Food, shelter, sex, new experiences, relieving digestive system. It's sick that most of our choices are preceded by an impulse. We're slaves to our brains. "I'm bored and need stimulation." You choose the stimulus but your brain has to also feel ok with your decision. Maybe your brain doesn't like that TV show you picked.

Reactions: R_N
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
What are all the human desires? I can think of Food, shelter, sex, new experiences
In Islamic theology, that's how heaven's described— orchards containing delicious fruits, tents made of giant pearls, wine that doesn't intoxicate, and beautiful maidens for the men.

Those things probably sound more appealing when you can't get them in the real world (or you're forbidden to).

In the Mormon afterlife, you can eventually become a God and rule over your own kingdoms, so... there's that.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
In Islamic theology, that's how heaven's described— orchards containing delicious fruits, tents made of giant pearls, wine that doesn't intoxicate, and beautiful maidens for the men.

Those things probably sound more appealing when you can't get them in the real world (or you're forbidden to).

In the Mormon afterlife, you can eventually become a God and rule over your own kingdoms, so... there's that.
Islamic heaven is being led around by your impulses forever. Sounds like hell

Reactions: jar-baby