• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Haha, US here. I've always been very fortunate on that front. Therapists... not so much. I've been through 13, and all but maybe one of them have been dreadful.
Wow, 13! I admire your patience and perseverance!

WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
I must be the exception, I have an awesome psychiatrist. He's actually pro-choice and I'm completely truthful with him. Told him I was suicidal and he asked me what method, told him I go for the highest success rate and if I go for it, I'll get it right in one. We also talked about the only reason for me not having CTB yet is my parents and how it would destroy them. He actually said I shouldn't stick around just for other people if shit gets unbearable, he meant it in the most friendly way and I love him for that <3

The standard line of questioning of psychiatrists goes as follows: so you are depressed, are you having thoughts of suicide? Do you have plans or have you made practical preparations? Generally speaking it's no problem to share that you've been having suicidal thoughts - but never admit to having plans, unless you've got my psychiatrist ;)

Reactions: azucaramargo, BleedingHeart and k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Wow, 13! I admire your patience and perseverance!
Yeah, or maybe I'm just dumb. LOL
But despite all the evidence that I should give up on it, I just keep trying. I think my current therapist is actually a really good one though. I just had my second session with her and it looks promising.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
"I feel so much better! I understand now that the way I had been thinking was a twisted trick of a diseased brain. But thanks to your wisdom, professional acumen, and patience, I'm now much better and on my way to a full recovery. Thank you!"

They'll also settle for you suffering quietly so long as you're compliant--take your drugs faithfully, attend all your therapy sessions, and do everything the team of "experts" tells you to do. And above all, never complain or seem ungrateful.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, or maybe I'm just dumb. LOL
But despite all the evidence that I should give up on it, I just keep trying. I think my current therapist is actually a really good one though. I just had my second session with her and it looks promising.
Let that be a lesson to everyone here; therapy helps. I'm so glad you are hooked up with someone good.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Let that be a lesson to everyone here; therapy helps. I'm so glad you are hooked up with someone good.
Thanks! Me too. I don't believe it'll fix me, but I'm hoping to make things bearable.

I think therapists and psychiatrists are just like everything else: there are good ones and bad ones. Nobody can say all are one way or the other, and you get what you put into it.

Reactions: azucaramargo
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I wish I could find a doctor that isnt fake and that actually gives a damn about me. Youre lucky...

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Thanks! Me too. I don't believe it'll fix me, but I'm hoping to make things bearable.

I think therapists and psychiatrists are just like everything else: there are good ones and bad ones. Nobody can say all are one way or the other, and you get what you put into it.
It's true. It really takes so much effort on the patient's part. And, when one is feeling bad, one doesn't feel up to all that effort...sampling therapist after therapist. But, I think it's so good to have a relationship with a therapist. Better than ending up in the E.R., I think.
I wish I could find a doctor that isnt fake and that actually gives a damn about me. Youre lucky...
What gives you the impression your doctor doesn't care about you?
"I feel so much better! I understand now that the way I had been thinking was a twisted trick of a diseased brain. But thanks to your wisdom, professional acumen, and patience, I'm now much better and on my way to a full recovery. Thank you!"

They'll also settle for you suffering quietly so long as you're compliant--take your drugs faithfully, attend all your therapy sessions, and do everything the team of "experts" tells you to do. And above all, never complain or seem ungrateful.
You don't feel you can be honest with your docs about your reactions to the medications, etc.?

Last edited:
Reactions: k75
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
What psychiatrists want to hear more than anything is

ca-ching!

all the way to the bank.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
That's irrelevant. You don't go there to do good. You go there to get help.

If you're too honest you won't be getting help anymore. You will get hauled off to a psych jail.

Reactions: Neville1
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
My psychiatrist doesn't give a shit what I tell him. He just adjusts my doses as he sees needed. If he thinks I'm in trouble he'll schedule an appointment for me with a psychologist in the building. That's the person I have to lie to.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
If you're too honest you won't be getting help anymore. You will get hauled off to a psych jail.

For a good reason in that case. Let's not act like that happens instantly either.

Now if that is something you are afraid of then I understand not going at all, but going and spending a lot of money to lie anyways doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: Sensei