Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
This is partially inspired by a private message I got from someone telling me I've been active on this forum way too long and asking "why the fuck are you still here" in a way that's clearly a thinly-veiled way of prodding me to kill myself.

I don't think the views of other users on here about me have more than a fleeting effect on my well-being or immense lack thereof, but I'd still like to know.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, Disappointered, noname223 and 3 others
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
That's a very not okay thing to say. You haven't even been here that long? Even if you'd been here for years that wouldn't be okay, but it adds an element of bafflement.

Honestly I only recognize a couple people on here (that's mostly just me not paying a ton of attention). It's always at least a little sad when someone kills themself personally. The fact that it came to that and the pain that needs to be present is sad. Sometimes it's bittersweet when adding the consideration that they're escaping from that pain, but it's still. Nobody should have to be in that place. I would be sad for you and your death would matter to me. I would hope that dying led you to something better.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, Angst Filled Fuck Up and Nolan96
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
This is partially inspired by a private message I got from someone telling me I've been active on this forum way too long and asking "why the fuck are you still here" in a way that's clearly a thinly-veiled way of prodding me to kill myself.

I don't think the views of other users on here about me have more than a fleeting effect on my well-being or immense lack thereof, but I'd still like to know.
Personally I would report this person to the mods and copy them on the message- they can decide whether to warn this person or whether to ban them, but this is not ok. Some peopel have been on here for three to four years and some ctb after a few weeks or months, and some recover, each person's situation is different, and nobody should be sending messages pushing them to ctb- that is very wrong, and it is very against the rules of the site.

Reactions: newave3, whatevs, hunterfla and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yeah that is a bastard move and totally against the rules.

You seem fine to me, intelligent and interesting when you post. And even if you weren't, I'd still tell that person off.

Reactions: newave3 and whatevs
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

I don't understand why someone would ever say something like this to another person, it's horrible and unethical. I don't know you, I have not been on the forum as long as you, but my reaction everytime I see anyone on here leave, is that I do feel sad that they are gone. However, I also hope that they are in a better place and found what they seeked regardless of who they were, hopefully finally at peace.

Reactions: newave3
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
They sound like an asshole Nolan. Ignore em and report em, I say…
I would be very upset if you were to go through with it. It is your choice, that I know, but I'm glad I have gotten to know you somewhat. You're a good guy, very intelligent, very articulate, you have a unique mind I haven't seen elsewhere to tell you the truth. I like having you around! You're a good presence on here.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: newave3, Nolan96 and Someone123
H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
Agreed. Not a good move at all and no right messaging you such drivvle. Report them and leave it up to Mods and try not engage in conversation with them.

Reactions: newave3, WhatPowerIs and Someone123
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I don't quite get it either. They said you've been on the forum too long? You're near 500 posts (frankly I'm about to reach that number pretty soon myself), there's many on here who have way more than you do, and have been here longer than you've been also... I think they hold some resentment towards you, in some shape or fashion. Wretched thing.

Reactions: newave3, whatevs and Someone123
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022

Ehem, you're a 2022er, it's hardly time enough to say anything like that.

I don't know you so it wouldn't be the greatest tragedy but I really enjoyed that piece you wrote about the sex Dungeon session. I think there are better candidates for death...

Reactions: newave3 and Nolan96
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Don't listen to such an asshole. You should consider to report him otherwise he might say something similar to other people.

I would miss you a lot. I know we have politically different views but I am always glad when world views do not divide people. Arguments about politics can be quite toxic.

As a person I really like you. You seem to be honest, intelligent and very friendly. I like to interact with you.
I can remember I worried about you when you were a long time offline.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3, WhatPowerIs, Nolan96 and 1 other person
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
@Someone123 @WhatPowerIs @noname223

Update: I did report them and they were banned from SaSu.

I figured there was a chance of that happening. I'm very against censorship in general principle and don't like feeling like a tattler, but to be fair it's the absolute most basic rule of this site that you don't pressure people to kill themselves, and I think it's a pretty necessary rule for a suicide forum.

Reactions: newave3, BEATNGU, noname223 and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@Someone123 @WhatPowerIs @noname223

Update: I did report them and they were banned from SaSu.

I figured there was a chance of that happening. I'm very against censorship in general principle and don't like feeling like a tattler, but to be fair it's the absolute most basic rule of this site that you don't pressure people to kill themselves, and I think it's a pretty necessary rule for a suicide forum.
Yeah totally understandable, I think you did the right thing. It's abhorrent to say something like that, I think, and to preserve the sanctity of the forum, reporting was best.

Reactions: newave3