• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I kind of want to clear off all of my electronic devices so no-one can look into anything - but not sure how to....
For SS, what exactly do I need to do?
I don't use a VPN at the moment or even Tor - should I be using them?

I'm not sure what other questions to write - but I am always here on various devices and don't want to be linked back to the site if I CTB.

Thanks,

• Hugs
Reactions: Stepheng7287, ecmnesia, depressedsally and 7 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I will erase all datas on my laptop and phone, I think this is enough to avoid any connection between me and this forum

Reactions: depressedsally, sadworld, allym101 and 1 other person
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
When my dad CTB they didn't even take his phone or computer... They just checked doors and windows about intrusion and closed the case basically.
But here in Latvia police sucks.
I think restoring your phone to factory default or encrypting your laptop with veracrypt will be bulletproof in any jurisdiction

• Aww..
Reactions: depressedsally, sadworld, Breadbfra and 2 others
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
I would just wipe off all my electronics and throw them in a lake

Reactions: sadworld, allym101 and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I would just wipe off all my electronics and throw them in a lake
That's what I thought - but I've decided I want them to go to people who wouldn't be able to afford a laptop - like through a charity scheme. But I want them wiped firsT!

Reactions: BLUE1970, sadworld and itachi of death
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Remove browsing history or any bookmarks should be enough.

Removing sensitive information from your hard-drive should be a common procedure if planning to ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: stygal, Homecoming, sadworld and 2 others
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
That's what I thought - but I've decided I want them to go to people who wouldn't be able to afford a laptop - like through a charity scheme. But I want them wiped firsT!
Thats sounds like a great idea,like you said just wipe them clean first,I would if your gonna write a note I would request your items go to people in need or drop them off at a donation place near you.either way I hope u find peace
Remove browsing history or any bookmarks should be enough.

Removing sensitive information from your hard-drive should be a common procedure if planning to ctb.
Could you set some type of timer to auto delete everything from your hard drive?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, KleinerWolf and LittleJem
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Could you set some type of timer to auto delete everything from your hard drive?

I'm not a computer expert and not sure if that's possible.
I wouldn't worry too much about the other files, just delete the ones that are most important, ones you don't wish to be seen.

I recommend people be 100% sure about their ctb decision, because it's a serious decision after all.
Make sure there's no second thoughts, otherwise it's simply not your time, in which case it's for the best to not go through with it.

Just a friendly reminder.

Reactions: Homecoming, sadworld and Reach
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
I wouldn't worry too much about the other files, just delete the ones that are most important, ones you don't wish to be seen.

I recommend people be 100% sure about their ctb decision, because it's a serious decision after all.
Make sure there's no second thoughts, otherwise it's simply not your time, in which case it's for the best to not go through with it.

I appreciate this,I just wanted to cover all basis so thank you for the info

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld and KleinerWolf
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

Thank you for the reminder :) I'm trying a few more treatments, but I spoke to the Samaritans (well I speak to them every day because I am finding it hard to cope alone) last night. The man I spoke to last night said that in his whole time of volunteering with the Samaritans he had never spoken to someone who had planned their exit so thoroughly ( I mean I haven't finished sorting it out yet) or that was so positive about death. I found the conversation quite moving. I think as it is good to be heard that what I really want is to be dead. I am so exhausted of this suffering. I've been researching both treatments for depression and ways to CTB for over six years. I don't really want to suffer another day. I am just hanging on to try a few more treatments, but I am also writing my will and in the process of saying goodbye to people I know.
It's good to not delete your computer stuff before you are sure though! I keep wanting to delete my social media, and I don't know who I want still connected with me when I CTB or what I want to do with my social media accounts. Silly things like that - but I definitely want to put a statement out, but I think FB will take it down, so tricky. I want everyone to know that this is what I have wanted for so long and I will be so relieved to have this suffering over.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadworld, KleinerWolf and soggyweeetabix
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Thank you for the reminder :) I'm trying a few more treatments, but I spoke to the Samaritans (well I speak to them every day because I am finding it hard to cope alone) last night. The man I spoke to last night said that in his whole time of volunteering with the Samaritans he had never spoken to someone who had planned their exit so thoroughly ( I mean I haven't finished sorting it out yet) or that was so positive about death. I found the conversation quite moving. I think as it is good to be heard that what I really want is to be dead. I am so exhausted of this suffering. I've been researching both treatments for depression and ways to CTB for over six years. I don't really want to suffer another day. I am just hanging on to try a few more treatments, but I am also writing my will and in the process of saying goodbye to people I know.
It's good to not delete your computer stuff before you are sure though! I keep wanting to delete my social media, and I don't know who I want still connected with me when I CTB or what I want to do with my social media accounts. Silly things like that - but I definitely want to put a statement out, but I think FB will take it down, so tricky. I want everyone to know that this is what I have wanted for so long and I will be so relieved to have this suffering over.
Yes friend I know that feeling all too well.
You are certainly not alone in this.
I may not have the best of words to bring you comfort,
However I do understand how you feel.
and I just want to give you a big hug.
:hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, Deleted member 4993, Brokenwithbpd and 1 other person
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Yes friend I know that feeling all too well.
You are certainly not alone in this.
I may not have the best of words to bring you comfort,
However I do understand how you feel.
and I just want to give you a big hug.
:hug::heart:

Thank you - you write beautifully and thank you for the understanding.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I kind of want to clear off all of my electronic devices so no-one can look into anything - but not sure how to....
For SS, what exactly do I need to do?
I don't use a VPN at the moment or even Tor - should I be using them?

I'm not sure what other questions to write - but I am always here on various devices and don't want to be linked back to the site if I CTB.

Thanks,
From what I've read there is nothing you can do other than nuke the devices, I'm planning on selling them on sites like Craigslist so I get some dough for them at least. There's are apps in the country where I reside where people list their stuff for sale. Luckily I only use one of my phone's for this type of activity.

Reactions: sadworld
It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
Hillary Clinton used bleachbit and a hammer. It seems to have worked for whatever reason she did it. The bleachbit was probably enough on its own but a hammer to the actual hard drive is probably 100% guaranteed but you'd have to disassemble it if it's a computer. I always thought I'd drop my phone in to a bucket of muriatic acid after resetting it. A gallon of that is about $13 in the US. You could also drop the hard drives into that as well

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
I work in computer forensics and data recovery for law firms and police... Deleting files from Windows can still be recovered, use format commands via DOS or use a virtual machine if you can...

Reactions: stygal and sadworld
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I work in computer forensics and data recovery for law firms and police... Deleting files from Windows can still be recovered, use format commands via DOS or use a virtual machine if you can...
Can you restore anything if it is encrypted?

Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
Can you restore anything if it is encrypted?
We have a dedicated password cracker and if the password is under 16 characters then pretty easy with the word lists we have...I would suggest a pass phrase rather than password something like "went for a lovely walk today and had a ice cream" something you will remember...any documents I have are output straight to external harddrive and I boot my virtual machine from a second harddrive, but then again I trust no one

happiestman

happiestman

May 8, 2020
Use anonymous window option in browsers, i.e., Incognito window option in chrome or Private window in Firefox or IE. It will automatically clear history and trace after window is closed. The only problem is you cannot save id or pwd for quick login.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-make-your-computer-auto-shutdown-after-you-ctb.53204/

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I'd factory reset my phone and either destroy the hard drive or completely wipe it with something like dban that wipes it and then just writes over it with 0's and 1's so nothing can be recovered