F

fisbp

Apr 28, 2022
I thought about college(colleges are cheap here), but I can't study academics because I'm dumb. I cannot get myself to properly read textbooks or write notes, and I always forget what I studied. I never succeeded academically.

Then I thought about skilled trades, but I wouldn't be able to go through training because I'm dumb. How am I supposed to deal with complicated machinery?

I wouldn't be able to do anything with a brain like this.

What do I do? I have been planning to CTB but because of SI I keep failing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 7b48hl, not-2-b-the-answer, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
I just found any old job and stuck with it for 12 years and took baby steps upward. Are there plenty of jobs where you are? Is something like that an option? I too am dumb but found that low upward pressure did wonders for my slow accumulation of knowledge. Before I knew it I had what I needed.

College and complicated machinery just sounds like you're throwing yourself in on the deep end. Then again, you very well could surprise yourself if you're interested in even a complicated thing. Try not to stress about it until you find something worth a shot and try it.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You could always try to rely on nepotism in order to get a high position like so many people in upper management seem to do.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Become a politician. As long as you're an obedient little puppet you can full on be retarded and it won't matter at all.

Reactions: again_noidea
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Is there anything you enjoy or do for fun? Are you fairly young? Do you live in the US (makes a difference as the US has the crappiest social safety net)?

again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
I thought about college(colleges are cheap here), but I can't study academics because I'm dumb. I cannot get myself to properly read textbooks or write notes, and I always forget what I studied. I never succeeded academically.

Then I thought about skilled trades, but I wouldn't be able to go through training because I'm dumb. How am I supposed to deal with complicated machinery?

I wouldn't be able to do anything with a brain like this.

What do I do? I have been planning to CTB but because of SI I keep failing.
You cannot be so dumb, since you can write in a self reflexive manner. Maybe you are not the smartest guy around, but you are pretty surly normal. Everyone has different talents, but you know what, the world needs all kinds of people. go and look for your talent, find what you like doing and think about what kind of work it would be that includes these things.

FrootyBat

FrootyBat

Aug 11, 2022
Show enthusiasm at your job. It's gotten me this far. It can work for you.

Also if you're reflecting on the idea that you're dumb, you're not. I know this is a bump but just want to put it out there.

There are over 128 ways to evaluate intelligence. Don't sell yourself short.