Bloodhoof

Bloodhoof

I was born sans consent, my parents were selfish..
Nov 22, 2023
I'm probably not the first one to post about this, but what do you think comes next? I'm an atheist, I don't believe in heaven, hell or reincarnation. I think my body is like a pc, when it's on my conciousness is the OS, when it's off there is nothing. While the data might still be there untill decomposition, I will not be aware of being turned off. Therefor I think that the moment I die, I won't know, if it hurt before that point, I will be unaware after. Does this mean I can suffer for a couple horrible minutes or maybe seconds untill I pass and leave this mortal plane behind? I don't know. Whant are your thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pthnrdnojvsc, Yaffle and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe that once we die, we just eternally cease existing, death is simply the absence of everything, it's nothing more than an eternal and dreamless sleep where all is forgotten about which is ideal to me.

• Love
Reactions: Bloodhoof, Yaffle, foxgirl and 1 other person
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
I would love to have the option to hover over everything, in an omniscient point of view, like a spectator? Like, a ghost that could just pop in sometimes? lol. but I think you're right- I've always believed it's just like flipping out a light switch. Off. Nothing.

• Love
Reactions: Bloodhoof and Yaffle
achb

achb

I am Clive
Oct 23, 2023
I very strongly believe that once we die, we just eternally cease existing, death is simply the absence of everything, it's nothing more than an eternal and dreamless sleep where all is forgotten about which is ideal to me.
I agree. Personally, I have no basis for this belief any more than a person has a basis for a religious afterlife. I haven't researched the science of what happens to the brain after death or what is sentience or whatever.

But I just have a feeling there's nothing. You just cease to exist.

And I desperately hope this is the case.

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Bloodhoof and Yaffle
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
I'm atheist too and believe the lights just go out. There is no after life; we simply cease to exist.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, WAITING TO DIE, Bloodhoof and 1 other person
Bloodhoof

Bloodhoof

I was born sans consent, my parents were selfish..
Nov 22, 2023
I would love to have the option to hover over everything, in an omniscient point of view, like a spectator? Like, a ghost that could just pop in sometimes? lol. but I think you're right- I've always believed it's just like flipping out a light switch. Off. Nothing.
Somehow, I'd like to be able to see the reaction of the people who say they care about me after CTB, IK think you are right, light goes out, bye bye.

Reactions: foxgirl
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
From near death experiences that get shared, you go through a shut-down phase. Like a PC.
Once you pass out you "see" things desired and from your past. There is that light everyone walks to.
Then you are off. Goodnight.
Biogical functions cease.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and foxgirl
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
Somehow, I'd like to be able to see the reaction of the people who say they care about me after CTB, IK think you are right, light goes out, bye bye.
I'd like to see it too... I watch a lot of true crime, and everyone always has such beautiful things to say about the person.. I wonder what would really be said about me. You know how at the end of a video game, you see your stats? I would love to see my stats before I fade out..
Dogs Petted:
People Kissed:
Books Read:
Times Cried:
Hot Dogs Eaten:

to name a few examples!

you know? again, just being imaginative/silly here lol. I think it's necessary to have some kind of humor to cope with the pain of wanting to ctb so badly
From near death experiences that get shared, you go through a shut-down phase. Like a PC.
Once you pass out you "see" things desired and from your past. There is that light everyone walks to.
Then you are off. Goodnight.
Biogical functions cease.
this is a beautiful way to think about it. I always envisioned it was just nothingness, but to see things... I hope I get to.

• Love
Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i'm an athiest too but i like to believe when i go i will be with my partner. maybe watching over friends and family until they move on too. after that i like to think we prepare for our next life. i'm not sure what got me to belive this, but i've come into acceptance that other things could happen too.

• Love
Reactions: foxgirl
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I believe that consciousness is purely physical in nature.
I don't believe in a soul, because if we really are eternal souls, then we would remember floating around in the universe before incarnating into a human body, and we would also be massively Intelligent.

F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Here's a story someone once told about what the Dalai Lama said comes next:

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas...a looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Carl Spackler/Bill Murray, Caddyshack.