• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
This dawned on me today. When I went to rehab for booze, many of the people were inpatient for heroin / opiates. I remember looking at them and saying, "But you don't look like kind of person that would shoot up heroin."

They would often reply with a smug look on their face, "I snorted it. I would never shoot up anything." LOL

Anyways as I stalk the internet for CTB documentaries and deal with all the normies' pro life garbage I do notice the same phenomenon exists for those that have passed from CTB. Their pictures look AMAZING!

I'm sure they are all taken a few years before life dealt them a hearty shit sandwich but it really is eery. I looked at the mirror the other day and realized that I really don't look well at all. It's amazing the physical ramifications of depression, suffering, and pain.

Do you find it eery looking at images of folks who CTB and how normal / almost happy they look?

EnnuiCat

EnnuiCat

Completely Catawampus
Nov 20, 2020
I think so many people hide their pain in order to fit in to society. When we are at our darkest and most broken it's hard to disguise but I'd imagine many who CTB have simply learned to mask the pain most of the time due to the potential repercussions. I do that (not always successfully) because I don't want to draw attention to myself. I don't want people asking questions and trying to help. Even those I'm closest to only have a small inkling of how much I suffer internally (only what I confide).

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think most of us will smile for photos, and anytime they show a photo of someone who has committed suicide it's going to be a nice photo. It's kind of funny actually how they always show beautiful happy photos of people and then say how tragic and unexpected the suicide was. I feel like if they showed a picture of people in their normal every day state of mind the suicide would make more sense.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Not from ctb but when I listen to true crime podcasts and videos, the deceased or missing people are always the good students, nice and kind hearted, pretty, have a lot of potential... kind of people.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
Not from ctb but when I listen to true crime podcasts and videos, the deceased or missing people are always the good students, nice and kind hearted, pretty, have a lot of potential... kind of people.
dont say anything negative about the dead, that would be disrespectful. and dont go against that either or youll be shunned.

forget the truth, they dont care they just want everything to look good lol (in general, not everyone and not specifically missing people)

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
dont say anything negative about the dead, that would be disrespectful. and dont go against that either or youll be shunned.

forget the truth, they dont care they just want everything to look good lol (in general, not everyone and not specifically missing people)
I guess that's true cause I never heard anyone saying anything bad or even just neutral about someone who's missing/dead. They always give them overly positive traits

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

crime victims probably didn't expect to die lol..

ctb some people care, some don't, some put in minimal effort to make-do.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
I guess that's true cause I never heard anyone saying anything bad or even just neutral about someone who's missing/dead. They always give them overly positive traits
i know a case where the guy was in the wrong but he ended up passing away so the other guy was taking all the flack for it. exactly like the prolifer situation here. the "grieving" family was being nothing short of apes, screaming out things in court that should have gotten them throw out and things like that. sending messages to the opposing family, just harassing them and everything. its really stupid and sad how low humans can fall.

• Aww..
Reactions: Nymph
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I think most of us will smile for photos, and anytime they show a photo of someone who has committed suicide it's going to be a nice photo. It's kind of funny actually how they always show beautiful happy photos of people and then say how tragic and unexpected the suicide was. I feel like if they showed a picture of people in their normal every day state of mind the suicide would make more sense.
This is truth. We are all good at smiling for the camera but it's all a show.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211