• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Was there a specific event or change that brought on your depression?

Reactions: ExitTheDay, Circles, Tortured_empath and 3 others
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
Schizophrenic and lost tge love of my life. I will eventually ctb. Just a matter of time. Can't take this shit.

Reactions: Circles, throwaway123, Final Escape and 1 other person
Timetoleave

Timetoleave

Student
May 8, 2019
I lost my Son and now I just exist, I don't want this life I just need peace now it's too hard.

Reactions: Severen, Circles, Final Escape and 1 other person
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Wife beyond grave, mass delusions every day, stuck in my mind, thinking constantly, nihilistic beliefs, mental health slowly degrading every day, repetitive days.

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
K

Kuris

May 17, 2019
Bullying and not getting anywhere in life. Now it's all just pointless existence for others.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Rachel, OpheliasFlowers and 5 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
My mother's suicide attempt. I was perfectly fine before that. The difference between my state of mind before and after is like day and night.

Reactions: Rachel, Circles, Final Escape and 1 other person
Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
Realizing the world is completely fucked and humanity is a monstrosity. That the few good things/people can't make up for the horrible, and that it's just not worth it (for me). That I'm not cut out for life.

Reactions: Voy, Severen, bayarea and 7 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It began when I was a child growing up in a shitty environment, but things just got more and more difficult as I got older. Traumas and disappointments piled up. Now I'm just ready to go. I'm sure the many years on adderall have done serious damage to my brain. I don't know if I can wait around for two years to heal from the damage. I guess when you are on adderall for like almost 18 years it takes years for your brain to recover if it ever does. I don't think I can handle waiting that long to be functional again.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Severen, OpheliasFlowers and 6 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Brain injury...

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Car accident or something else?

Got hit by a drunk driver yes... I acutally used to be very happy with my life before, but since then I haven't been living, I've just been killing time. Feels like a bad nightmare.

People told me to be glad I survived... I just wish I hadn't.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Life+me=error, Ruffian and 3 others
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Got hit by a drunk driver yes... since then I haven't been living, I've just been killing time. Feels like a bad nightmare.

Understood. Also was run into a few years ago and processing never got quite right again.

Reactions: Circles, Final Escape and Tortured_empath
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
When I look at the innocence of my child and all the horror in the world. I realise I was once that child and no one protected me from that horror.
DBD

Reactions: starshotplagues, Circles, Alchemist and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
From the start, it is knowing that life is unfair and having to accept that fact, then how many things are out of my control and really just suck without me being able to do much to affect it. Also, existential crisis and what not.

Now as far as personal circumstances, I have Aspergers, social anxiety, and depression brought upon by how shitty the world is and the cards I am dealt with. Then, more pressing matters, well having to struggle a bit with money (not currently at risk for being homeless but still a struggle to exist), virginity (but moreso the lack of experience and knowledge of intercourse), then of course, realizing that my dreams are simply just unattainable.

Reactions: bayarea, Circles, Alchemist and 1 other person
Deadgirl

Deadgirl

Game Over
Mar 31, 2019
Having no friends while other kids bullied me relentlessly and flunk in school. Also being reminded by family what a failure I am. Most of it had to do with bullying.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Circles, Kuris and 2 others
Loli

Loli

highly flammable
May 25, 2019
I think I was 5 or 6 then. I was watching my dad trying to fix something in our car. He couldn't make it, suddenly got furious and wreaked his anger by beating me up. Then he turned off the light and left me crying in pitch-black dark garage.

He apologized me afterwards but had nightmares for a while. Well, in fact I have them even nowadays but rarely. Beside some random episodes of anger he was good to me when I was a kid. Maybe it's not exact cause of my mental health problems, but it surely was a glimpse of what was happening years later. A butterfly effect. Later on I had to face much, much worse events than his red, raging face but none of them wouldn't happen if he restrained himself from ruining my family.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Deadgirl, Alchemist and 2 others
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Got hit by a drunk driver yes... I acutally used to be very happy with my life before, but since then I haven't been living, I've just been killing time. Feels like a bad nightmare.

Ugh. I am so sorry that happened to you. The driver was probably fine - I had a friend die in high school same way & the drunk driver was ok. Plus it's just the worst when others tell you how you should feel.

Reactions: Circles, Deadgirl, Tortured_empath and 1 other person
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Having aspergers, bullying, being raped... Just a bundle of joy really

• Hugs
Reactions: Rachel, Severen, Circles and 3 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
So many reason. Being bullied, not having friends, be lonely and unable to have any kind of relationship, never knowing love, knowing that I wasted any chance I had to be successful, knowing I'm stuck being mediocre, and so on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Severen, bayarea, Circles and 1 other person
KnightBlade

KnightBlade

Waiting for the last tear to fall...
May 23, 2019
Where do I start?

My mother suffers from bipolar and narcissistic personality disorders. She has been formally diagnosed and refuses to undergo a treatment regimen. She is emotionally manipulative and was physically abusive to me as a child. She ground my self-esteem to dust. She is a she-devil. Fortunately, my maternal grandmother was able to step in and temporarily grant me some respite from my mother's erratic behavior, but the damage was done. Depression became my constant companion.

With my grandmother's guidance and encouragement, I managed to graduate from college and get a job . However, things went downhill when she died in 2006. It was a miserable, painful, lingering decline from cancer. Something snapped in me when she died. I felt SO alone — I had lost my heroine, my cheerleader, my friend. Most importantly, my grandmother shielded me from my mother because she knew I was too emotionally fragile to handle her. The anxiety developed because the shield between my mother and me had evaporated. I am in a constant state of fear, depression, and anxiety because my mother continues to make my life miserable despite my cutting off contact with her after my grandmother's funeral.

For a few years after grandmother's death, I have been able to manage; as I get older, it is getting more difficult. I have missed out on so much in life because of these disorders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and Alchemist
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Surprising as it may seem I am not depressed, just determined.

Reactions: Circles and Ivenocare
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Schizophrenic and lost tge love of my life. I will eventually ctb. Just a matter of time. Can't take this shit.
Oh Fadingfast, I am so sorry. Schizophrenia seems like a very difficult condition. I do hope you find a reason to keep on living, though. You sound so lovely. I am with you.
Surprising as it may seem I am not depressed, just determined.
That is so INTERESTING. Just out of curiosity, of you're not depressed, what appeals to you about ctb'ing?

Reactions: Circles and Fadingfast
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Not one event, but scary emotionally abusive father plus enabling mother fucked me up. I felt unlovable and worthless despite being a smart, cute kid, because that's how they treated me. So I was depressed by 11, suicidal by 14.

But even as I type all that I don't know if they are to blame. I will die thinking it might be mostly my fault. Even though logically I know kids can't create self esteem on their own and if you have no self esteem and are depressed so young, there was probably something bad going on in your home or elsewhere!

Reactions: Circles
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Not one event, but scary emotionally abusive father plus enabling mother fucked me up. I felt unlovable and worthless despite being a smart, cute kid, because that's how they treated me. So I was depressed by 11, suicidal by 14.

But even as I type all that I don't know if they are to blame. I will die thinking it might be mostly my fault. Even though logically I know kids can't create self esteem on their own and if you have no self esteem and are depressed so young, there was probably something bad going on in your home or elsewhere!
At the very least. I am SO grateful you were/are able to realize how cute and smart you are then AND now.

Reactions: Circles, Life+me=error and lululoo
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Definitely the development of my eating disorder. I suppose it wasn't painful at first. I didn't know there was an issue, I was only 11. By age 15, it had evolved into an agonizing routine.
I rarely experienced extremely short phases of freedom, maybe just two weeks of an ED-free life. I don't know why, maybe I was high enough or distracted enough, but I was happy then. Just then, I thought I was in the clear.
She always comes back to destroy me, though. Can't catch a fucking break.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Deadgirl
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
There wasn't a single trigger, things just gradually got worse. My social anxiety and isolation contributed as well. Also realising that life is pretty pointless and many things are just a trivial waste of time and effort.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, thishappened, Rachel and 5 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
My entire education leading up to a moment I never got to experience due to a deterioration in my mental health. I worked really hard to get onto my course and now I have no opportunities and 3 wasted years in and out of hospitals...

Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
Realising my mother never actually wanted me, being left in her care, left to be sexually abused from the age of 7, whilst my siblings were removed by social services, my child being beaten most days for no reason, being hated at school because of who my mother was, it just rolls on and on... I don't see myself as depressed though as this is a way of life for me and all I know, to me thins is normal, to my husband though I'm messed up and need help (he means it in a caring way)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Ugh. I am so sorry that happened to you. The driver was probably fine - I had a friend die in high school same way & the drunk driver was ok. Plus it's just the worst when others tell you how you should feel.

Thank you friend. I hope their conscience eats them up, but I really doubt it.

It's funny, when I was a kid, I was always taught that good things come to good people etc., that there was some kind of high moral justice watching over me.
I knew it wasn't true, and I was not free of sin by any means, but experiencing this kind of random injustice on my own body is something else...

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightBlade and Circles