• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bubbles_0403

bubbles_0403

Mar 16, 2024
I've read a few books about people in the mental hospital and like people who plan to kill themselves, but in the end they always don't. Like somehow for some reason they decide that they want to live, even though they've spent the last month planning to die, just because they 'fell in love'.
So yeah I'm wondering if there are any books were it doesn't end like that.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
The only book I've read about suicide (The Pact) was pretty bad. However, in regards to books where mental health is a big theme, I really love The Nest by Kenneth Oppel. It's more of a book for kids, tbh, but I really like it. I find the protagonist to be relatable and it's good book if you are looking for something quick to read. Even after all these years it's still my favourite book.

dinosavr

dinosavr

take me to the rooftop 🌃
Dec 14, 2023
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is a fucking masterpiece. It starts off as an innocent novel about a young woman who has some problems during her young adult life. But then it gets better- she gets really depressed and she's veeery suicidal. It's basically the main topic of the book and it doesn't leave you unsatisfied like other books that people describe as related to suicide tend to.
I also really liked My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfeg where the girl plans to literally sleep through the whole year and only goes out to get prescriptions for more sleeping meds. I really enjoyed the beginning, I found it so inspiring though that I actually never managed to finish it lol. But from the reviews I can assume it also gets a little darker. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
edit: Oh Sorry. I've just read the whole post. I guess you can disregard my comment then :')

Reactions: Homo erectus
bubbles_0403

bubbles_0403

Mar 16, 2024
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is a fucking masterpiece. It starts off as an innocent novel about a young woman who has some problems during her young adult life. But then it gets better- she gets really depressed and she's veeery suicidal. It's basically the main topic of the book and it doesn't leave you unsatisfied like other books that people describe as related to suicide tend to.
I also really liked My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfeg where the girl plans to literally sleep through the whole year and only goes out to get prescriptions for more sleeping meds. I really enjoyed the beginning, I found it so inspiring though that I actually never managed to finish it lol. But from the reviews I can assume it also gets a little darker. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
edit: Oh Sorry. I've just read the whole post. I guess you can disregard my comment then :')
No cause i've read the Bell jar, and i really liked it as well. But like i can't seem to find books where they actually go through with it yk. Thanks for the rec though.
The only book I've read about suicide (The Pact) was pretty bad. However, in regards to books where mental health is a big theme, I really love The Nest by Kenneth Oppel. It's more of a book for kids, tbh, but I really like it. I find the protagonist to be relatable and it's good book if you are looking for something quick to read. Even after all these years it's still my favourite book.
Thanks, i'll have a look :)

vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
Maybe it's good that you didn't finish My Year of Rest and Relaxation,
because if like OP, what you wanted was for the main character to kill herself in the end, you would have been sorely disappointed lol.
it was glorious until it got near the ending.