kanashikunaika

kanashikunaika

It's sad, isn't it?
Jan 25, 2023
Values, as in, how do you view your self-worth or how do you find a reason to keep going? I'm asking out of curiosity, ofc no judgment for any answers.

Me, I judge my value by how I can help others. If I'm capable of understanding their feelings or getting them to see a new perspective, I consider that enough for me to be worth plenty. I don't, however, judge myself by how they view me, 'cuz I'm very aware of how cruel the world and the people in it can be. I'm kind by choice, not naiveté.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, ughnvm, artificial_ineptness and 4 others
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I don't think I've ever thought about it in terms of self-worth, but I share your thoughts about being kind and helpful. I like the feeling of knowing that something I did or said had a positive effect on someone, even if it's a small thing. Conversely, some of my worst feelings have come from doing things that don't really contribute anything positive, like in some of my early jobs.

I'm fully aware that I have all sorts of limitations, so I can't always be of help. Sometimes, my help might not be welcome. I don't think that affects my overall views or how I feel about myself, though. It's just how things are sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, rationaltake, whywere and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
At my age, my self worth is about helping others have a better life. I leave with what I came with, so being rich or a fancy car or whatever means nothing to me.

If I cannot try and help humanity move forward then I am of no use here. We are all the same and seeing someone hurting and making them smile is worth more than a pot of gold to me.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, ughnvm, artificial_ineptness and 6 others
kanashikunaika

kanashikunaika

It's sad, isn't it?
Jan 25, 2023
At my age, my self worth is about helping others have a better life. I leave with what I came with, so being rich or a fancy car or whatever means nothing to me.

If I cannot try and help humanity move forward then I am of no use here. We are all the same and seeing someone hurting and making them smile is worth more than a pot of gold to me.

Walter
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Even though I'm young, I find the happiness of other people to be of great importance. Though at this age I also need to know when to be selfish to survive, I think I've found an okay balance.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, whywere and rationaltake
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020

Walter
Mine is about the same

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, whywere, rationaltake and 1 other person
S

Sadgirldaisy

Student
Dec 26, 2022
I really don't think I'm of any benefit to anyone, so at this point I'm trying to strive for neutral. I may not add anything positive, but at this point I'm just trying not to add anything harmful or cause harm in any way. I don't think I make anyone's life better, but I'm at least trying not to actively make anyone's life worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, thx1138, Hollowman and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I really don't think I'm of any benefit to anyone, so at this point I'm trying to strive for neutral. I may not add anything positive, but at this point I'm just trying not to add anything harmful or cause harm in any way. I don't think I make anyone's life better, but I'm at least trying not to actively make anyone's life worse.
I totally disagree with you, as you have tremendous amount of love and caring for your fellow souls here on SS and everywhere. One thing that struck me right off the bat with your post is the depth of kindness that you have, incredible!

I actually reread your post a few times as it helped me feel better knowing that I have someone, YOU, here on SS with a caring and so thoughtful gracious amount of compassion for others.

Truly you are a person with so much not only to give to yourself but to so many other folks. Through all my many decades on this planet, I have run into folks like you, and it always is a breath of fresh air.

Sending you lots of love, huge hugs and beautiful sunny blue skies, as you deserve a lot of wonderful weather for a wonderful soul.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bpdblackout, thx1138, kanashikunaika and 2 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Honesty. Correctitude. Kindness - though not at the expense of self. Self-growth, spiritually and mentally.

• Love
Reactions: whywere
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Not pretending that the first years of my life were different than they were.

Not ignoring or speaking over today's children as a shitty sellout move to gain the "respect" of other adults.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Honesty. Correctitude. Kindness - though not at the expense of self. Self-growth, spiritually and mentally.
Howdy!

Your post truly made me cry with happiness. SO, REFRESHING! You have a huge heart of gold and see the pure goodness in folks.

Thank you for brightening my day!

Lots of hugs, love and kindness to you.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy
A

aweary

Feb 8, 2023
Honesty, hard work, kindness, respecting others, trying not to judge, and trying to see things from others perspective. Being true to my convictions, but willing to change if persuaded by evidence and new experiences.

Reactions: Source Energy
artificial_ineptness

artificial_ineptness

Nov 14, 2021
I have probably thought about it too much, but I still don't really know. I mean, emotionally, I don't value anything, because I'm deeply anhedonic. Rationally -- I don't really know. There are a lot of questions about values that I cannot properly answer or feel confident in. I do want to figure it out, because otherwise I have no reason to stay, but I don't know if I ever will.

Realistically/practically though, I probably have no value anyway no matter what I believe in, so I should just give up :3

At least it's nice that some people want to help others, gives me slightly more faith in humanity.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and rationaltake
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
this may seem childish to some, but in all honesty, it's love haha.
i love bugs, i love research, i love medicine, i love evolution, i love ancient coniferous trees.
i love my dad's cooking, i love religion, i love hugging my grandma, i love dancing.
i love so much it can be to my detriment, but i still keep it up anyways.

however, being such a terminal optimist, i get really crushed when i am deceived by harsh realities.
of course, i'm not saying i'm perfect or haven't hurt anyone; it's just difficult when i see a world i deeply love slowly burning before my eyes.

my love keeps me going as much as it drags me down.
when i go out, i will go out stubbornly loving you all!

• Love
Reactions: MlKE and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
this may seem childish to some, but in all honesty, it's love haha.
i love bugs, i love research, i love medicine, i love evolution, i love ancient coniferous trees.
i love my dad's cooking, i love religion, i love hugging my grandma, i love dancing.
i love so much it can be to my detriment, but i still keep it up anyways.

however, being such a terminal optimist, i get really crushed when i am deceived by harsh realities.
of course, i'm not saying i'm perfect or haven't hurt anyone; it's just difficult when i see a world i deeply love slowly burning before my eyes.

my love keeps me going as much as it drags me down.
when i go out, i will go out stubbornly loving you all!
You are a FANTASTIC soul, hands down.

Such beautiful words, wisdom, love and caring, outstanding!

Have a great upcoming week and lots of hugs, love to you, my fellow SS spirit.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: bijou
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
Values, as in, how do you view your self-worth or how do you find a reason to keep going? I'm asking out of curiosity, ofc no judgment for any answers.

Me, I judge my value by how I can help others. If I'm capable of understanding their feelings or getting them to see a new perspective, I consider that enough for me to be worth plenty. I don't, however, judge myself by how they view me, 'cuz I'm very aware of how cruel the world and the people in it can be. I'm kind by choice, not naiveté.
I dont know if this is what your looking for but; I judge my self worth on making others smile and leaving a lasting good mark.
And my personal values are selfpleasure and fufillment

• Hugs
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
putting my pain into words to touch others heart

• Hugs
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Truth
Love
Consciousness
Service
Integrity

Understanding
Passion
Freedom
Creativity

• Hugs
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
You are a FANTASTIC soul, hands down.

Such beautiful words, wisdom, love and caring, outstanding!

Have a great upcoming week and lots of hugs, love to you, my fellow SS spirit.

Walter
thank you <3

i always love receiving ur responses here, so earnest and kind! love to u as well my friend :D

• Love