• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

NoWayOut015

Caught between black and white
Jun 11, 2023
Do you go to therapy?
I have been a believer in therapy for a long time and I loved my first therapist but then I didn't have therapy for a while because I moved and couldn't find anyone. I now had a new therapist for a year and even though I like her a lot I just don't feel like it's helping. I now have to make the decision if I continue or stop and I don't know what to do. Maybe it doesn't help because I stopped believing people actually wanna help and feel like they are just doing their job and are glad when I 'm gone or maybe I just gave up on myself. I' m just tired, I hate going there recently because I'm sick of talking about how miserable I am without ever getting a new insight. I know that I should pull myself together and do shit but I just can't bring myself to it because for what? I'm just full of resignation and I guess it's my fault that I'm not getting better
Sorry for the rant...
Any opinions?

Reactions: thesaddestgirl
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I can give you my personal opinion when it comes to therapy / meds in the field of "mental problems". This is my opinion and I came to this conclusion myself.

First you would have to know the reason and the source of your problem, When you know it you can search for a therapy and / or meds that can cure / eliminate the source and the reason. Compare it to the situation when someone has a broken leg. There is a procedure to heal it and after 8-10 weeks it's healed and the one can walk on his own again.

Unfortunately "mental problems" are as individual as there are individuals out there and there is no general therapy / meds / procedure to heal them.

I speak for myself now, I know the problem that causes my depression and everything that comes with it, but I can't solve it myself and a therapy/meds couldn't solve it either. The problem must be solved first and then a therapy could be supportive to get my life back on track. So from this point of view for me a therapy isn't helpful unless the problem itself is solved.

Again this is my personal opinion and conclusion. I tried a therapy already.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Do you go to therapy?
I have been a believer in therapy for a long time and I loved my first therapist but then I didn't have therapy for a while because I moved and couldn't find anyone. I now had a new therapist for a year and even though I like her a lot I just don't feel like it's helping. I now have to make the decision if I continue or stop and I don't know what to do. Maybe it doesn't help because I stopped believing people actually wanna help and feel like they are just doing their job and are glad when I 'm gone or maybe I just gave up on myself. I' m just tired, I hate going there recently because I'm sick of talking about how miserable I am without ever getting a new insight. I know that I should pull myself together and do shit but I just can't bring myself to it because for what? I'm just full of resignation and I guess it's my fault that I'm not getting better
Sorry for the rant...
Any opinions?

Wht knd of therpy r u gettng

N

NoWayOut015

Caught between black and white
Jun 11, 2023
Wht knd of therpy r u gettng

She is trained in systemic (family) therapy
It's just a lot of talking about what I should change and me being so exhausted in general that I feel paralyzed

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend šŸ«‚
Apr 17, 2023
Useless if you've been through things most people can't relate to. I've used therapists as "friends" before. It's nice if they play along. Every week they're happy to see you. Its a helpful illusion.

Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear šŸ¤
Jul 5, 2020
I've been seeing therapists on and off since I was a child and every time I wonder why the heck I'm putting up with people who accomplish nothing to help whatsoever ultimately... No matter what kind of therapy it is. I feel like they get only part of the problem and only clarify some minor aspects without ever resolving the core. I don't really believe in that concept anymore though I thought it might help me see the block that's preventing me from living but after a while I feel again like this guy just doesn't get it and doesn't offer any solution...

Reactions: thesaddestgirl