Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I'm referring to active euthanasia, where a patient actively consents to ending their life in a medical setting, akin to what is available in countries such as Switzerland and Belgium. Is it something that should be actively pursued in the UK? Why do you think so?

I'm all for it.

We don't let our pets suffer for months on end in pain, I've always thought it was incredibly cruel that we allow it to happen to humans.

• Love
Reactions: SolomonKado, Callie, AntHills and 9 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I don't think euthanasia for humans will ever be legalized in the UK. From what I hear, they're very adamant on their justifications for having their pro-lifer mindset and I expect that they'll never change. I also believe that its cruel that pets are allowed to have their agony ended peacefully while humans are denied this right. I think any country that has accepted euthanasia to be carried out for anyone is very advanced, in terms of human rights and such.

• Aww..
Reactions: SolomonKado, Hollowman, lachrymost and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- definitely. It should be available worldwide. I very much doubt they would offer it to people who weren't incurably and chronically ill but- that would be a start. We're supposed to be a caring, compassionate society. It's neither of those things to leave people to suffer in pain for years on end and die anyway.

Interestingly- I've read these clinics prefer it to be termed: 'assisted suicide'. When you think about it- it isn't the same as vets at all. We DO take pets in to be euthanized. They aren't able to give their consent. We make that decision for them- it's basically murder but we prefer to see it as a mercy killing- putting them to sleep. Many animals are destroyed simply because they can't be homed though. Nothing to do with whether the creature wanted to live. Sonetimes they're not even ill! We euthanize like crazy when it suits us.

It wouldn't be a case of wheeling granny in to be put down though! Granny would be telling her family that she felt like she couldn't go on much longer and her family (hopefully) would be understanding enough to support her decision.

Reactions: SolomonKado, Hollowman, unfortunatelyhere and 3 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Completely agree with and support it.

But we've got to find ways to cut out the stubborn and intransigent middle man in all of this... because they will put up every road block you can possibly imagine to prevent people from having a peaceful exit.

Reactions: SolomonKado, lachrymost, CW36 and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It should be legalised absolutely everywhere. It's absolutely disgusting and inhumane how such a thing is a privilege only reserved for animals with humans expected to be a slave to their suffering until they cease existing anyway, euthanasia should be a basic human right that all humans deserve the option of, without the option of a guaranteed way to free ourselves existence would be no different to imprisonment, to me it's criminal trying to force one to suffer against their wishes in this existence they were burdened with.

Legalising such a thing would prevent so much unnecessary torture and the fact that it's not legalised just proves that humans are the worst species, it's so replusive how humans create suffering and insist that it must be prolonged at all costs in this world filled with endless harm where there's no limit as to how much one can be tortured.

• Love
Reactions: SolomonKado, moonseeker, Hollowman and 4 others
unfortunatelyhere

unfortunatelyhere

Aug 2, 2023
I agree it should be legal in every country. Some countries are happy to execute people?! We dont let our pets suffer. I had my mum telling me for weeks that she "just want to die", but I was too young and scared to give her too much morphine. It was 20 years ago and it still haunts me to this day. I do see the other side of it (but not too much!) That elderly people, or those that might have a chance to live might be tricked into it. At the end of the day, we all fucking die, and if that's what we want, let us be.

• Aww..
Reactions: SolomonKado, Darkover, MeltingBrain and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Euthanasia should be legal everywhere.

• Love
Reactions: SolomonKado, AntHills, Hollowman and 4 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Youth in Asia are dedicated, passionate and hardworking . They want to make rapid progress on woman's rights and human's rights issues .China has lifted millions out of poverty. Youth in Asia are increasingly going to play a bigger role on the global stage . I am very optimistic about the youth in Asia .

• Yay!
Reactions: Darkover, AntHills, permanent_solution and 2 others
intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
I think euthanasia is illegal in Switzerland but legal in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. I don't believe in the medical model (euthanasia) and i'm not sure is right either, but i do believe in self-determination and the only (and the very best) thing society and governments can do is to mind their own business, that is, to stop interfering with people's choices regarding the end of life just as they don't have a say when it comes to the begining of new life. Just my opinion...

Reactions: Darkover, SolomonKado, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
moonseeker

moonseeker

Last mission : painless departure
Aug 22, 2023
They want us to keep slaving away and paying taxes.

AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
Euthanize me, Daddy! 💉 🍑 🤤

• Yay!
  • Wow
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
It's the only way I would desire to go out, honestly.

But if I felt I were pushed enough into a corner to do so, I would resort to my father's handgun.

• Love
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Should be and will be someday a basic human right when the prolifers and the 1% of the rich fuckers will get out of the way of what's a natural right to die.

• Love
Reactions: Darkover, Praestat_Mori and AntHills
Callie

Callie

Walking Despair
Aug 21, 2023
It should be legal everywhere, imo. It's kind of unfair that these "assisted suicide" or "euthanasia" options are just available for the physically-terminally ill. I mean worst cases of mental health issues are also a problem that hinders people from being able to function normally so why should they deny us the right to exit peacefully?

It's easy for them to say, "you'll get by someday". But who is going to decide that aside from me?

Reactions: Darkover, AntHills, SolomonKado and 1 other person
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I'm referring to active euthanasia, where a patient actively consents to ending their life in a medical setting, akin to what is available in countries such as Switzerland and Belgium. Is it something that should be actively pursued in the UK? Why do you think so?

I'm all for it.

We don't let our pets suffer for months on end in pain, I've always thought it was incredibly cruel that we allow it to happen to humans.
It should absolutely be a choice. Like everything else. There's only the "Glimmer" of freedom. They still control everything and put BS in your face to make life seem happy. Until the curtain is ripped away from in-front if your eyes. Then good luck going back to the way it was.

I should be able to make a doctor appointment and get it overwith. This world is overpopulated anyways so why not…

Reactions: Darkover and Praestat_Mori
Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
Okay, so euthenasia is not allowed because it's humane. My experience in life was being force fed psychiatric medication I didn't want, waking up and then realizing I never needed it but now it's done so much damage and on top of that I am severely dependent on it after using for so long.

So my point being, they don't care about easing suffering. They care about profit. It really is a sick world we live in. I think some people here just don't quite understand how sick and horrible this world really is.

• Love
Reactions: Darkover and AntHills