goblinperson

goblinperson

Apr 2, 2023
Getting old and seeing opportunities cease to exist is truly anguishing
Even if you accumulated wealth, problems never cease to exist and you'd never be satisfied with what you have and constantly pursuing happiness
You just become uglier with less prospects

Weeks block LIFE1

Reactions: briarrose, floralheaddress, Rational man and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Getting old and seeing opportunities cease to exist is truly anguishing
Even if you accumulated wealth, problems never cease to exist and you'd never be satisfied with what you have and constantly pursuing happiness
You just become uglier with less prospects

View attachment 120822
I honestly don't see a point or purpose in getting old. Your health and body just deteriorate, and you start to develop all kinds of illnesses and diseases. You become a shell of your former self, and your mental capacity is nowhere near where it once was. You would think that humans would have solved the problem of aging by now, and figured out how to reverse or stop it. I don't see why humans have to get wrinkles and get uglier with age, that literally makes no sense to me. I wish that we could stay young and beautiful forever.

I guess the purpose of getting old is to eventually die, and I'd rather die now honestly. I'd rather die when I'm still young and free from the capitalist system. I don't want to have to live another 40-60 years (full of working), just to eventually reach the same fate (death). That's way too long for me, and I honestly don't see the point in it.

I personally am terrified of getting old. I don't want to live that long! I'm planning to ctb before 25

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890, briarrose, Rational man and 3 others
noatacanti2020

noatacanti2020

Sep 29, 2023
I honestly don't see a point or purpose in getting old. Your health and body just deteriorate, and you start to develop all kinds of illnesses and diseases. You become a shell of your former self, and your mental capacity is nowhere near where it once was. You would think that humans would have solved the problem of aging by now, and figured out how to reverse or stop it. I don't see why humans have to get wrinkles and get uglier with age, that literally makes no sense to me. I wish that we could stay young and beautiful forever.

I guess the purpose of getting old is to eventually die, and I'd rather die now honestly. I'd rather die when I'm still young and free from the capitalist system. I don't want to have to live another 40-60 years (full of working), just to eventually reach the same fate (death). That's way too long for me, and I honestly don't see the point in it.

I personally am terrified of getting old. I don't want to live that long! I'm planning to ctb before 25
If life is painful and awful now then I can't imagine what being 50 would be like

Reactions: briarrose, Rational man, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
Don't have to have any. Will be gone way beforehand

Reactions: Rational man
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
My self-esteem is wretched as it is. Getting even uglier and more irrelevant...no thanks.

Reactions: Rational man and natthebrat
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I just shutter at the idea of me living past this decade
I can't even imagine myself living past the next 2 years…and yeah with the way things are going the next decade's not looking too good

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man and WAITING TO DIE
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Getting old It's not just getting uglier and more irrelevant. It's an unimaginable horror pure hell . I worked in a nursing home unimaginable nightmare. All this is hidden to keep the prisoners slaves fooled . Work in a nursing home and get introduced to real reality.

Imagine not even being able to go to the bathroom without assistance , constant pain it's a constant deterioration from age 25 onward , ...

The brain and nerve cells are particularly vulnerable to aging and results in dementia

Many get incurable skin sores

Last edited:
Reactions: Rational man, WAITING TO DIE, Captive_Mind515 and 1 other person
noatacanti2020

noatacanti2020

Sep 29, 2023
I can't even imagine myself living past the next 2 years…and yeah with the way things are going the next decade's not looking too good
Hopefully we can leave this world soon

Reactions: Rational man, WAITING TO DIE, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Getting old It's not just getting uglier and more irrelevant. It's an unimaginable horror pure hell . I worked in a nursing home unimaginable nightmare. All this is hidden to keep the prisoners slaves fooled . Work in a nursing home and get introduced to real reality.

Imagine not even being able to go to the bathroom without assistance , constant pain it's a constant deterioration from age 25 onward , ...

The brain and nerve cells are particularly vulnerable to aging and results in dementia
I would hate to be incapacitated like this and not be able to do anything by myself. I would also hate to get Alzheimer's or dementia, or any kind of cognitive decline. I would hate to have my mental capacity diminish. This is literally one of my biggest fears.

Reactions: briarrose, Rational man and pthnrdnojvsc
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
It sucks, and no amount of pro-life propaganda will convince me otherwise.

There's not a chance in hell I'm sticking around to experience my "golden years". No thank you.

No offence to anyone reading this who is old. I don't discriminate against anyone, but I don't wish to experience it.

Reactions: redeyepiranha, Rational man, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I feel that, while I would have liked to live longer, I prefer to "go out in a blaze of glory", so to speak.
To me life is only as good as how you feel in a present moment, and how you know you will be able to feel in the moments/times that follow ('hope').
Add to that how much I can actually positively impact those I care about.

I'd like to have seen more, done more.
Never got to experience college or at the inkling of a real career.
Wish I could have found love again, or at least been more active.
Would have liked to give finding friends more of a chance.

But at the same time, even then I would have wanted to end things at a decent time.
I don't want to grow up to be a broken, irrecognizable mess with no more enjoyment, no more hope.
Dying close to when things are still solid remains preferred.
Unless I genuinely had some kind of deep love by my side, that is worth reminiscing together for.
Or a broad community I love to keep engaging with.

• Love
Reactions: Rational man and F&Inside
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think it should be compulsory. Fine if people can enjoy reasonable health and a good quality of life and they want to grow old. None of it appeals to me.

Reactions: carac, Rational man, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't think it should be compulsory. Fine if people can enjoy reasonable health and a good quality of life and they want to grow old. None of it appeals to me.
I hate the fact that it's compulsory and that we have no say in it, it will just eventually end up happening. I wish we had a choice whether to get old(er) or not. I hate that we're by default forced to
It sucks, and no amount of pro-life propaganda will convince me otherwise.

There's not a chance in hell I'm sticking around to experience my "golden years". No thank you.

No offence to anyone reading this who is old. I don't discriminate against anyone, but I don't wish to experience it.
Yeah same, I'll definitely have ctb before then

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and pthnrdnojvsc
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm probably one of the "older members" according to age here. About half of an avg. life time. Getting old isn't a problem for me bc it's a natural process and as long as I'm healthy I wouldn't have a problem reaching 100+ years of age.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
The only good thing about growing old is that you learn from the bad experiences in life. For instance I can now avoid narcissistic people because experience has taught me how to figure these people out early on and therefore avoid them.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I used to be the type of 20-something that complained about "feeling old" despite being objectively young bc I couldn't relate to most trends anymore. However, getting into the goth scene earlier this year has made me feel a little better about it, bc all the goth events I've been to have been very mixed in terms of age, yet everyone there has more or less the same tastes. But hopefully either way, I'll ctb just before my 28th birthday next year and it won't matter.

Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Old age is something i wont see because my disease is incurable. Since I became ill three Years ago ive had time to reflect on life and death. Ive accepted that I will die soon but the pain and indignity is something that terrifies me. The health service hasn't got the right resources to help everyone who wants to live, so the dying havnt got much hope. I saw my Mother die in her own filth. There was no respect or dignity. So yeh, Ive appreciated the time ive had and ive been spared the awfulness of old age.

Reactions: briarrose and pthnrdnojvsc
briarrose

briarrose

pretty handsome awkward
Sep 30, 2023
i've always hated the idea of getting old. as someone else mentioned, i have always been terrified of developing some form of dementia, especially because i have a number of mental illnesses that are considered to increase the risk of dementia. i don't want to go through that, not when i already barely want to be alive. i don't want to look aged, i don't want to feel aged. i don't mind getting a little older, but i'm thinking 30-35 at most. i don't consider 35 to be old, but it's still the oldest i can imagine myself. i can see how i'm feeling when i get there, i suppose, but for now that's what i think.

to me, catching the bus is scary. i'm afraid of the uncertainty of what lies after death and the potential that all my beliefs have been wrong, i'm afraid that my attempt will fail, i'm afraid my survival instincts will get in the way, or my fiancée's will since we plan to ctb together. but what is scarier to me than all of those things combined is getting old, losing control of my mind and my body even more than i already have, and losing all the things about myself and my life that have so far made me put my plans to ctb on the back burner. that is enough to push me to ctb before i get old.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It disturbs me and fills me with dread, under no circumstances could I ever wish to decay from age in this harmful flesh prison that we are slaves to that could potentially torture us to extreme extents. I believe it's completely irrational to want to reach an old age as it's just unnecessary, undesirable suffering, existence will always be a curse that only death can bring relief from, I just want nothingness instead, it comforts me the thought of being free from the hell that is existence.