• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
A few of my friends are the most energetic people I know - they can spend a whole day at work and then go out the whole night, every day. I can't. I enjoy seeing friends every now and then, but I am a true homebody. So I don't miss feeling like I'm missing out on something or feeling like I'm not doing enough with my life because all my friends are out every day while I choose to stay at home. That's one.

Another is I've grown to love having to wear a mask when outside. This way I don't have to care about the way I look when running errands (I've always been self-conscious). These days I could wake up and go out right away. Saves me a lot of time and effort.

What about you?

O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
I agree. The pandemic was great for me because I've become a NEET and I barely go outside. I love being at home!
Me too! My friends are like "my mental health is deteriorating" whereas mine was actually flourishing (other issues aside). In the entire year, I missed seeing people in the flesh a total of... one time. And it lasted a day. I'm made for this isolation, lol. Big hugs to you.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Covid was also great for me. I quit university again in December 2019 because of depression and social anxiety and I was very depressed that I was stuck while ppl 3 or 4 years younger than me are advancing above me. But since covid forced university to close it made me feel less worthless. Also I was already distancing myself from friends and other ppl and they ask me why and repeatedly tried to contact but when covid became a serious problem it gave me a good excuse not to meet up. Wearing mask when going outside is also helpful. It won't cover my shortness but at least it covers some of my ugliness. I would be happy if I get covid and die. I never tried to protect myself except wearing a mask and even when I wear its just to cover my face and not for protection. I wear the same mask until I lost it or its cut and even wear mask other ppl already wore and I don't put put it on and off like its advisable. I had some breathing difficulties for about a week and maybe I got covid but I'm not sure.

Now that universities are restarting and the normal world which doesn't want me is slowly returning I need to ctb before I feel even more pathetic and worthless.

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Masks; I love wearing them and I don't want to stop after everything is in the clear. I'd stand out too much with one on however so I'll probably go without it.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
Streets and shops getting busy again.
I like not having to walk down a street with someone following close behind, going to a shop and someone doesnt insist on standing so close to you they touch your arm because they want to look at exactly the same thing and cant wait 15 seconds for you to move on.
Covid has made (most) people think about personal space, even if its from a selfish perspective of not wanting to catch anything.

Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
Masks. Wearing one eases my anxiety. I'll probably continue to wear one after COVID. That is if I'm still alive by then. The six feet apart is another one; I hate when people get too close to me.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm not looking forward to the 'Great Reset', which is not a conspiracy theory it's a real thing.

I don't believe in covid and hate masks but i can understand liking any excuse to still be in hiding even though I'm outside and around strange humans. I'd rather just wear sunglasses and a fake beard though. At least I'd be able to breath properly. And somehow I feel pretty confident that wearing a fake beard will never be imposed upon me by law.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My university has been online all year, which is the only reason I've been able to complete my work due to my disabilities. I am utterly terrified to be around people again, and I don't have the energy to stand up and concentrate for 3 hours during labs, I don't have the energy to attend 30 hrs of lectures and practicals and group sessions every week.

Everyone else is angry because they are not getting in person classes, but it is fine by me. I like being able to walk on the high Street and not feel like I am getting trampled by tons of people crowding in on each other like sardines. As soon as this is assumed to be over, people will go right back to the way they were acting before.

I am hoping I can ctb before I have to go to university in person because I know I will have no energy to study and will barely scrape by in terms of being able to cook for myself or clean my flat.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
A few of my friends are the most energetic people I know - they can spend a whole day at work and then go out the whole night, every day. I can't. I enjoy seeing friends every now and then, but I am a true homebody. So I don't miss feeling like I'm missing out on something or feeling like I'm not doing enough with my life because all my friends are out every day while I choose to stay at home. That's one.

Another is I've grown to love having to wear a mask when outside. This way I don't have to care about the way I look when running errands (I've always been self-conscious). These days I could wake up and go out right away. Saves me a lot of time and effort.

What about you?

Social contact.

I'm just so tired of pretending. God, who TF am I anymore? I've been lying about myself to everyone in my life, for years- I don't want to lie anymore. I'm not "okay," but no I don't want to talk about it.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I don't believe' 'normal' is coming back. I hate having to wear a mask, can hardly breathe.

The world needed a change imho, but what's happening now feels like a bad syfi to me.
I feel like this is the truth. Especially when they keep saying this is the "new normal." Once Covid 19 ends we'll have Covid 20, 21, etc. This has given leaders alot of power over our lives and once they gain power they never relinquish it.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I keep reading that this is the new normal? but which parts, the destroying the economy by closing down businesses, by locking people in their homes, by allowing cancer patients to die just because of the 1% chance of covid and so on?

I look forward to it going back to how life was, I fear that the now is our future and this is all we know, this scares me. I had the inconsistency and the not knowing. least with normal, yes we had to deal with people, but we knew where we stood

E

enter.the.void

Jul 14, 2020
I fear, things will never get back to the old normal soon - at least not in the foreseeable future. Soon, we will be directly and indirectly to be forced to mandatory vaccinated with yet unknown side effects - essentially as guinea pigs for big pharma. The divide in the society between pro-covid mask-wearing sheeple and critical thinkers will only grown further, with even more social pressure. I hace no hopes anymore because the dark future awaits us, with mass surveillance, censorship and social control and everything else - i cant wait to escape this dystopian shithole world when i ctb.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I am not looking towards the permanent changes in a post-covid world, especially with people being less publically affectionate. By this I mean people being wary of shaking hands, hugging, kissing, and all that. That is not a world that I would be happy to live in. :aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: ovaltinee99
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I guess I can do without the large family gatherings. Other than that, my life hasn't changed too much. I will likely feel more pressure to go out and try to do something positive, whereas I currently have a perfectly good excuse to be an antisocial loser.

D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
To be honest, I don't think there will be a post anything, the pandemic will be still going for a solid time if not forever.
But who knows, we may never know for sure.
The World ain't what it used to be anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

I am not looking forward to having interactions with some of my fellow country people.
Rather than that, I think I will be alright.
Another thing I am not looking forward to is the cramped town streets, massive vehicles driving on my avenue and so on.
The pollution that will be back, the ignorance of people here and the risk of failure for myself in the attempt of recovery.

girlofduty

girlofduty

Dec 12, 2020
Hopefully I won't be around when that happens.
Feel the same way!
Some family members got married and different gatherings were planned that were either canceled or only immediate family invited, which was fine with me! I enjoyed the zoom meetings (camera off) for work.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ovaltinee99