vennnice999

vennnice999

Deathly
Sep 16, 2023
To the people here that have a collection of some sort (action figures, trading cards, comics etc.) what are you all planning on doing with them?

I have a pretty big music album collection, and I´m thinking of trying to sell them before my attempt, so I can put away more money for my family alongside my other savings. At the same time, I have such an emotional attachment and would be devastated if I failed, and woke up with all of it gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and corazon
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Could you get them valued and then put them in a will, specifying recommended traders?

Reactions: rationaltake
vennnice999

vennnice999

Deathly
Sep 16, 2023
Could you get them valued and then put them in a will, specifying recommended traders?
That had actually not crossed my mind before, and it would take less time and effort than what I was planning on doing. Thank you for your input

Reactions: Larysa
corazon

corazon

"a heart's a heavy burden"
Mar 30, 2023
I'll be suggesting to my family in a note to sell my collector's items online. That way, they can go to someone that actually wants them and not just collect dust or end up in a secondhand store. This way, I'll still have my possessions until I die: all the selling happens post-mortem.

Reactions: Crono and rationaltake
vennnice999

vennnice999

Deathly
Sep 16, 2023
I'll be suggesting to my family in a note to sell my collector's items online. That way, they can go to someone that actually wants them and not just collect dust or end up in a secondhand store. This way, I'll still have my possessions until I die: all the selling happens post-mortem.
I´ve thought of doing that as well but at the same time, I´ve always hated the thought of my family having to clean up my "mess" after I´m gone.