Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I've heard about shit testing a lot, but I've never been given examples. I understand why it's done in dating and relationships, but I don't like it.

This question may for whatever reason offend some women on here. If you are one of those people, then just jump to another thread. No hard feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie and Zoya
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
I've never had a woman sample my stool.

I think you should stop reading into toxic dating "theory".

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, disabledandhopeless, Ghost2211 and 15 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
It's not so much tests for me, per say. It's more reading reactions to situations. Like if my date is a dick to the waitstaff, there will not be a second date.
I've heard about shit testing a lot, but I've never been given examples. I understand why it's done in dating and relationships, but I don't like it.

This question may for whatever reason offend some women on here. If you are one of those people, then just jump to another thread. No hard feelings.
Is my answer kinda what you meant?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211, Brink, foxdie and 6 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Oct 20, 2020
I think you should stop being a simp.

Is this is your attitude towards people in real life?

Just trying to offer you some advice, in that you needn't overcomplicate things.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Brink, foxdie and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Kramer did you ever think that what you consider a "shit test" may be something important to the other person. Like @Isadeth mentioned, how you treat wait staff. Maybe something small like opening the car door may mean nothing to you, but it shows a quality that your potential mate may want in a partner.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, sadbadpsychogirl, foxdie and 8 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Is this is your attitude towards people in real life?

Just trying to offer you some advice, in that you needn't overcomplicate things.
No, just to people who pretend like they were being helpful and good-natured in their original post.
@Kramer did you ever think that what you consider a "shit test" may be something important to the other person. Like @Isadeth mentioned, how you treat wait staff. Maybe something small like opening the car door may mean nothing to you, but it shows a quality that your potential mate may want in a partner.
That's the purpose of a shit test. It's to see who a man is. For example, maybe his confidence is just an act. I just want to know specifics.

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but why do you dislike that people check you out as a person before they enter a relationship with you? I don't really test people like that but I wouldn't mind if someone did that to me and I think it's relatable that someone wouldn't want to be with someone who has a bad personality and terrible manners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, muffin222, disabledandhopeless and 14 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Kramer I get what your saying, but calling them "shit tests" kind of negates any legitimate point you are trying to make.

nicetomeetu

nicetomeetu

Phantom of the Past
Jan 4, 2021
Well, I wouldnt personally call them ¨Shit tests¨
But an advice I can give is, if you dont like the way someone does things, they wont change. Just dont bother with it anymore.
Its useless to get annoyed and overthink this type of stuff.
Please take care @Kramer

• Love
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Oct 20, 2020
No, just to people who pretend like they were being helpful and good-natured in their original post.

Alrighty then. Good luck with the dating.

Reactions: Ghost2211, stygal, Brink and 8 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Ngl I don't see the harm in doing this. If there's something about you they aren't gonna like then they aren't really worth getting romantically involved with in the first place, especially if they're the kind of person who'd go behind your back to find out such information. I'd go as far as to say I'd do the same to any potential women before I get into a relationship with them (if I'm interpreting the meaning of the term correctly).

Reactions: Wrennie, Ghost2211, NodusTollens and 4 others
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
As if men don't do it to women, only harsher

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Ghost2211, foxdie and 5 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Kramer you seem to be reliably checking all the wrong boxes, you're into the wrong crowd. You've been indoctrinated into something that disrespects women, and if that's your central thing, you're not going to succeed in getting a relationship, let alone a good, long one. I'm sorry but I'm just trying to help

• Love
Reactions: muffin222, Mentalmick, sadbadpsychogirl and 18 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but why do you dislike that people check you out as a person before they enter a relationship with you? I don't really test people like that but I wouldn't mind if someone did that to me and I think it's relatable that someone wouldn't want to be with someone who has a bad personality and terrible manners.
Because the shit tests don't stop. Women keep it up as a way to continually evaluate the man. I understand it's purpose, but as a man it sucks. It's part of why many men are disillusioned with the whole relationship thing. A lot of shit tests fall under creating a scenario and seeing how a guy reacts. It's dishonest.

Just observing a guy in general isn't shit testing.
As if men don't do it to women, only harsher
Examples?
Alrighty then. Good luck with the dating.
Nobody dates anymore. People just hookup now.
@Kramer I get what your saying, but calling them "shit tests" kind of negates any legitimate point you are trying to make.
That's what they're called online.
Ngl I don't see the harm in doing this. If there's something about you they aren't gonna like then they aren't really worth getting romantically involved with in the first place, especially if they're the kind of person who'd go behind your back to find out such information. I'd go as far as to say I'd do the same to any potential women before I get into a relationship with them (if I'm interpreting the meaning of the term correctly).
You'd create fake scenarios to see how a woman behaves in response?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie and Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
If it was a serious concern, yes. We're a highly intelligent species and both sexes are equally capable of testing people, reality, ... but some things don't need much looking, I don't think you see the toxicity of your sources. You're in a vicious cycle where language you learn leads you back to more bad sources

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, stygal, Intotheflames and 7 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
A shit test is any kind of question that the opposite sex introduces into conversation in a dating situation that becomes a catch-22 in order to evaluate their potential mate as a person they want to be courting. In other words, it's a waste of time and both sides should not entertain if someone asks. Real relationships do not rely on mind games and petty manipulation.

Example:

SHE: "I don't date short guys"
HE: "Well I don't date fat asses"

HE: "I like girls in their 20s"
SHE: "You're old enough to be their father"

In relationships, shit tests are used to test loyalty in another mate.

WIFE: "Does this dress make me look fat?"
HUBS: "Don't ask questions if you don't like the answers to them."

We all know that if the husband said yes, wife would cry and be mopey and shit. If husband said no, she'll think he's lying and prop up another shit test like, "Well this dress looks great on this woman, don't you think?"

I hope that shit-tests are for those who are dating when in their 20s or from people who haven't grown up yet. It's an instant red flag for me since I don't like to be set up like that initially. Fuck shit-tests.

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Fehler, Wrennie and 8 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
A shit test is any kind of question that the opposite sex introduces into conversation in a dating situation that becomes a catch-22 in order to evaluate their potential mate as a person they want to be courting. In other words, it's a waste of time and both sides should not entertain if someone asks. Real relationships do not rely on mind games and petty manipulation.

Example:

SHE: "I don't date short guys"
HE: "Well I don't date fat asses"

HE: "I like girls in their 20s"
SHE: "You're old enough to be their father"

In relationships, shit tests are used to test loyalty in another mate.

WIFE: "Does this dress make me look fat?"
HUBS: "Don't ask questions if you don't like the answers to them."

We all know that if the husband said yes, wife would cry and be mopey and shit. If husband said no, she'll think he's lying and prop up another shit test like, "Well this dress looks great on this woman, don't you think?"

I hope that shit-tests are for those who are dating when in their 20s or from people who haven't grown up yet. It's an instant red flag for me since I don't like to be set up like that initially. Fuck shit-tests.
Well that changes things, it hadn't even occurred to me to Google "shit tests" lol

Reactions: AutoTap, Ghost2211, nicetomeetu and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
When people hear shit-tests, they automatically think of the red pill or mgtow movement. No one, male and female should put up with a shit test. It's okay to have preferences, but do in a constructive manner that doesn't demean the other person. Also helps to be flexible with your preferences.

Reactions: AutoTap, Ghost2211, Deleted member 94 and 3 others
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
If you Google it men do it to men.......what a poor opinion of the human race you must have. Seeing other posts of your's you try to be deliberately inflammatory by the things you say about women......no?

Reactions: Ghost2211, foxdie, NodusTollens and 5 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I had a girlfriend do this to me once. We had been dating for several months, and out of the blue she says "I think we should stop seeing each other". My intuition told me she was testing me, trying to manipulate me into begging her to stay, which really offended me, so I called her bluff and said "I think so, too". The look on her face told me I was right. That was not the response she was looking for AT ALL. I was sad to see her go, but I don't play mind games. Be honest, or GTFO.

• Love
Reactions: Fehler, Wrennie, Ghost2211 and 5 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020

I think your issue is that you frame everything as "women do xyz". Everyone has the potential to be shitty, regardless of gender. Women aren't some monolith who decide things as a group, nor men. Maybe look inside yourself and be a bit more introspective rather then projecting your insecurities on to the world. I find that when I'm having problems, sometimes it can be something I'm doing that I have a blind spot for and I need to examine my own words and actions. Maybe it's just you bro.

• Love
Reactions: muffin222, Ghost2211, Deleted member 1465 and 5 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I think it goes both ways for sure.

I had an ex bf tell me I couldn't possibly love him because I was too depressed for sex (it has been a couple months). & If I didn't have sex with him, I didn't love him.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, summers, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
I was blind and now I see. All the examples provided here, I honestly had no idea they are tests. I had many of these thrown at me and I either thought they were fun teases, or literal questions, and responded accordingly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
I had a girlfriend do this to me once. We had been dating for several months, and out of the blue she says "I think we should stop seeing each other". My intuition told me she was testing me, trying to manipulate me into begging her to stay, which really offended me, so I called her bluff and said "I think so, too". The look on her face told me I was right. That was not the response she was looking for AT ALL. I was sad to see her go, but I don't play mind games. Be honest, or GTFO.
My kids dad did that to me...........why all the blame onto the girls
I was blind and now I see. All the examples provided here, I honestly had no idea they are tests. I had many of these thrown at me and I either thought they were fun teases, or literal questions, and responded accordingly.

Don't listen to the cynicism . Until I read this I hadn't ever known men thought this......because if you Google it men are more likely to do it and the men online who advocate it are banned from the uk because they're a danger to women

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Symbiote
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Deleted member 94, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
This thread is a hot mess. Girls aren't all bad, guys aren't all bad. There's nothing wrong with watching someone's actions and judging their character to see if they're a fit for you. As @Good4Nothing described, some people are unfortunately manipulative as hell, and the fact that a woman was described in the story doesn't mean that @Good4Nothing hates women.

Sigh

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Wrennie, muffin222 and 7 others