If the 2022 midterm elections were held tomorrow, which party’s candidate would you vote for?

• Democratic

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Republican

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 36 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DayOfDecember

DayOfDecember

Dec 19, 2021
As a newcomer, I was interested in the politics of SS. This question isn't remotely adequate to capture the deep nuances of the subject on their own, but it'll have to suffice for now.

• Yay!
Reactions: Insomniac, poisonedminds, demuic and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
We hardly talk politics here, there were more comments when trump was president. Now it quite down.

Reactions: Buffy5120, Fragile, cyanol and 3 others
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
As a newcomer, I was interested in the politics of SS. This question isn't remotely adequate to capture the deep nuances of the subject on their own, but it'll have to suffice for now.

As a newcomer interested in the politics of SS, you should read this thread first:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/community-poll-political-discussions.58478/post-1079843

You should also be aware that most of forum members are not from USA, and giving them these options is borderline insulting. Members that are from USA usually come here in order to escape from the political shitshow.

• Love
Reactions: empty, cyanol, Buffy5120 and 10 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'd say 50% are left-wing, 25% right-wing and 25% don't give a shit, if you want an overview.

Reactions: empty, Buffy5120 and Shadowplay
DayOfDecember

DayOfDecember

Dec 19, 2021
You should also be aware that most of forum members are not from USA
Well, there's a massive brain fart on my part. I attribute it to severe depression clouding my memory of the Times piece (where normies like me came from). I looked again at the list of 45 deceased individuals conclusively identified by the authors, and only 22 of them were American.

Still, that's a tiny sample size that's likely also subject to heavy selection bias, since the NYT is based in America. Can anyone point me to a more representative survey of SS's demographics?

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well, there's a massive brain fart on my part. I attribute it to severe depression clouding my memory of the Times piece (where normies like me came from). I looked again at the list of 45 deceased individuals conclusively identified by the authors, and only 22 of them were American.

Still, that's a tiny sample size that's likely also subject to heavy selection bias, since the NYT is based in America. Can anyone point me to a more representative survey of SS's demographics?

You don't need to know our demographics. No offense OP but I find this sketchy as hell.

• Love
Reactions: ThriveOrDie, user_name_here, needed_ and 10 others
DayOfDecember

DayOfDecember

Dec 19, 2021
I'm definitely not trying to get any identifying information (I know this is the sort of place where people are suspicious of the feds, and rightly so). I just wanted to know if you guys had a survey that might help me understand the people I'll be talking to for the foreseeable future. Besides, I'm really just a nerd for polling data and the like — the Pew Research graphic in my profile is hopefully an indication.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'm definitely not trying to get any identifying information (I know this is the sort of place where people are suspicious of the feds, and rightly so). I just wanted to know if you guys had a survey that might help me understand the people I'll be talking to for the foreseeable future. Besides, I'm really just a nerd for polling data and the like — the Pew Research graphic in my profile is hopefully an indication.

The former poll indicated that 40% were American, 40% were European (UK + continental), 10% were Asian and 10% were from Africa or Middle East.

Reactions: Manaaja and DayOfDecember
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I think this poll is a secret IQ test. If you fall for the Democrat vs. Republican dichotomy your IQ is in the double digits.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Capsicum_Corral, ThriveOrDie, xLosthopex and 13 others
DayOfDecember

DayOfDecember

Dec 19, 2021
The former poll indicated that 40% were American, 40% were European (UK + continental), 10% were Asian and 10% were from Africa or Middle East.
Thanks for the info. I know we Americans can view ourselves — consciously or otherwise — as the center of the world all too often, so it's nice to be in a place where I'm not in the majority.

Reactions: empty
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
If you wouldn't make the best prez, then you wouldn't make a good voter. Thus, either vote for yourself, or vote for no-one. Every person should be their own president and have their own country, I say.

Reactions: Simba
DocJack

DocJack

Dec 16, 2021
CRIPES! Leave well enough alone, please & thanks.

DayOfDecember

DayOfDecember

Dec 19, 2021
If you wouldn't make the best prez, then you wouldn't make a good voter. Thus, either vote for yourself, or vote for no-one. Every person should be their own president and have their own country, I say.
I mean, politics and government is never meant to be perfect (or anywhere close to that). But we have to organize our society somehow, so we vote for whom we generally view as the least of all evils. Few people are ever truly happy with the outcome, because that's not really possible: I guarantee that the vast majority of cynical voters who think they can do better, can't.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Nuke the States. :halo:

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyBrazilian, Fragile, demuic and 4 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Far right to die :wink:

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: DayOfDecember, lostundead, omoidarui and 6 others
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
N for president

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, LonelyBrazilian, xLosthopex and 6 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Simba, CrossroadsCurious and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
  • Yay!
Reactions: LonelyBrazilian, WonderingSoul, cyanol and 3 others
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Kind of glad there are few political threads on this forum.

Reactions: empty, demuic, frost and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Kind of glad there are few political threads on this forum.
Agreed. I feel the best places for political discussions are on antinatalist and antiwork forums. (haha, jk) Or at least not on a suicide forum.

But yeah, talking about politics rarely goes well. An 18 year old, asperger, ADHD, lesbian transgirl, living in Mexico with a poor family will view life completely differently from a 60 year old, NT, cis, hetero man living in Canada with a rich family. Most political opinions come down to:

"As a person who lives in Canada, I think...."
"Well, as a person who lives in Mexico, I think....
"As a person who has asperger and ADHD, I think..."
"Well, as a person who has NT, I think..."
"As a gay person, I think..."
"As a straight person, I think..."
"As a woman, I think..."
"As a man, I think..."
"As a cis, I think..."
"As a trans, I think...."
"As a rich or middle-income person, I think..."
"As a poor person, I think..."
"As an old person, I think..."
"As a young person, I think..."

If I was an old straight hetero man living in Canada, I wouldn't have the political opinions I have today. Or maybe I would, but it would be much less likely.

• Informative
Reactions: Buffy5120, DayOfDecember, frost and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
User joins forum on Dec 19.
User's second post is a poll about the politics of SS on Dec 21.

I don't get it. But I don't get a lot of things, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, Buffy5120, user_name_here and 11 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
User joins forum on Dec 19.
User's second post is a poll about the politics of SS on Dec 21.

I don't get it. But I don't get a lot of things, so it doesn't necesarily mean anything.

Oh man the older I get the more I say this sorta thing. :-)

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
Oh man the older I get the more I say this sorta thing. :-)

I miss being young and right about everything. Life was a lot easier when I had it all figured out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Capsicum_Corral, justsayin, Midgardsorm and 3 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I believe in anarchism and not the one most see in film n what not. Anarchism does not mean chaos at all and is generally used to scare the humans in general imo.. we shouldnt even have to vote for a fucking government just cause he or she arent the worst of the bunch.. imo no government whatsoever and have everything based on some sort of a voluntary system.. as the saying goes "one for all and all for one".. but then again nothing in life is great so dunno if having no governments would lead to a better outcome hence i voted "no one"

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
Amen to that sista!

Btw interesting choice of avatar. Is it because you are a Bergman fan? I love how you put that silly yellow grin on his face… Life and Death are such ridiculous fools.

Reactions: lostundead and Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Btw interesting choice of avatar. Is it because you are a Bergman fan? I love how you put that silly yellow grin on his face… Life and Death are such ridiculous fools.

Not my creation, but pretty gravy. Not sure where I got it - probably someone posted it in here.

Bergman is great; but I find it hard to concentrate on movies these days. My depression that Swiss cheesed my brain, along with my smartphone that has done something similar to my attention span has made concentrating on movies a chore. I don't mind having a pizza movie on in the background while I play with my phone, but I'd feel guilty to do that with a Bergman movie. Kanopy is a free streaming service you might wanna check out; they had about 20 Bergman films, but now most of them have been taken down (at least here in Australia). You a Bergman fan?

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
Not my creation, but pretty gravy. Not sure where I got it - probably someone posted it in here.

Bergman is great; but I find it hard to concentrate on movies these days. My depression that Swiss cheesed my brain, along with my smartphone that has done something similar to my attention span has made concentrating on movies a chore. I don't mind having a pizza movie on in the background while I play with my phone, but I'd feel guilty to do that with a Bergman movie. Kanopy is a free streaming service you might wanna check out; they had about 20 Bergman films, but now most of them have been taken down (at least here in Australia). You a Bergman fan?

Yeah, I know what you mean. You have to go through five break-ups, four divorces, three suicide attempts and two existential crises to even begin to understand his movies.

I can't say I'm a fan. I don't think you can be a fan of his art, any more than you can be a fan of Kierkegaard. Bergman is frightening. He has seen farther and deeper than most of us have, so he shows us life in a light that we are not ready to accept. It's too dark, too complicated, too strenuous, too much filled with anxiety.

Woody Allen is more palatable. I think of him as a sort of Ingmar Bergman gone to Hollywood. I am a fan of Woody Allen.

• Yay!
Reactions: lostundead and Shadowplay
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Far right to die :wink:
This is, in my experience of political discussion on here, a pretty fair answer to the OP's question

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, cyanol, DayOfDecember and 2 others
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
This is, in my experience of political discussion on here, a pretty fair answer to the OP's question

I feel this thread needs a Chuck Norris meme to be complete.