"It gets better."
"Life is a gift."
"People in worse situations still want to live."
🤣😂😅

N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
Not exactly what you were asking, but I can't stand when people are complaining about health issues and getting older and then says " but what's the alternative?" And then everyone laughs like they all agree. I just want to scream " better!

• Love
Reactions: lachrymost, Praestat_Mori, Edistrying and 5 others
SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
"You don't want to die, you just want to stop feeling pain."

"You want to die? Then throw yourself into the sea and you'll see yourself fighting to survive. You do not want to kill yourself, rather you want to kill something inside of you."

There's also one that I haven't really seen in the form of a reoccuring quote, but have seen some state that those who commit suicide are cowards.

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ariii, Edistrying and 4 others
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
'we're here to help!'

• Yay!
Reactions: YouLookSoCool, Praestat_Mori, Ariii and 9 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
"Life is a gift"
"Everything is about the right mindset"
"Suicide is always irrational"
"It gets better"
"Life is worth living no matter what"

All in all, asking for the dumbest pro life statement doesn't really narrow it down at all since all pro life statements are extremely dumb

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Edistrying, Hollowman and 6 others
Ethel

Ethel

Just playing
Sep 10, 2024
"It's a temporary feelings"
"It gets buried with time"
"We are all here for you"

So on and so on,such statements only give you fake hope,and with time those things only show distance,misunderstanding and a hit of sadness

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Edistrying, YandereMikuMistress and 2 others
shironeko

shironeko

Misfortune incarnate
Sep 9, 2024
"you are so young"
"Everyone will be disappointed after you dies"

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ariii, Edistrying and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
'You have your whole life ahead of you.' Like- seriously? You can't see that that's the problem here?

• Yay!
Reactions: alienfreak, AllTheseQuestions, Praestat_Mori and 8 others
yariousvamp

yariousvamp

Misanthrope vampire
Sep 8, 2024
"life is a gift" yeah maybe to your privileged ahh. try to live one year as a poor woman in north africa and say that again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sevennn, NoPoint2Life and 2 others
Z

zengiraffe

Feb 29, 2024
"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

I hate this saying for several reasons
  • Permanent solutions are better than temporary solutions
  • It's pointlessly redundant to say "temporary problem" because our lives are finite so technically all problems we face are temporary problems, as we'll die eventually anyway
  • By the same logic technically all solutions are temporary as well, so it makes no sense to call suicide a "permanent solution" as nothing we experience is permanent, we cease to exist in death so it's an experienceless state of nonbeing

Reactions: alienfreak, EgoBrained, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

I hate this saying for several reasons
  • Permanent solutions are better than temporary solutions
  • It's pointlessly redundant to say "temporary problem" because our lives are finite so technically all problems we face are temporary problems, as we'll die eventually anyway
  • By the same logic technically all solutions are temporary as well, so it makes no sense to call suicide a "permanent solution" as nothing we experience is permanent, we cease to exist in death so it's an experienceless state of nonbeing
Exactly. It's like people block out death from their minds and believe by default that they will live forever.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sevennn and YandereMikuMistress
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
"Suicide does not end the pain, it just passes it to someone else"
That's another platitude that's thrown around often to guilt trip suicidal people by suggesting a weird mock up to the conservation of energy law - a law for the conservation of pain. The permanence of pain does not really convince me it's worth sticking around. I don't think it matters who holds the pain, if that pain exists then the choice to opt out of existence and catch the bus should be a basic human right.

Reactions: alienfreak, Praestat_Mori and KillingPain267
L

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
"life is what you make of it"

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and KillingPain267
N7_Alliance_Marine

N7_Alliance_Marine

Sep 29, 2024
The fact that over 73 million babies are aborted every single year and I can't do a damn thing to stop it is part of the reason I want to kill myself.

sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
The fact that over 73 million babies are aborted every single year and I can't do a damn thing to stop it is part of the reason I want to kill myself.
i would rather be aborted. they are not missing anything. it's a cruel existence here on earth

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Gorbolflungus, alienfreak and 5 others
mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
"you're not really depressed you're just lying for attention"

• Aww..
Reactions: UnluckyBastard, Praestat_Mori and KillingPain267
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
Not really a pro-life statement, but the one that fucks me up the most is "I promise I will help you get through this and be there for you". It always ends up being too much to handle though. I don't really blame them because I do think they mean it when they say it, but just don't know what they're getting themselves into. Still… I fall for it every single time. And every single time it hurts so much when they have to leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ethel, alienfreak, AllTheseQuestions and 2 others
N7_Alliance_Marine

N7_Alliance_Marine

Sep 29, 2024
i would rather be aborted. they are not missing anything. it's a cruel existence here on earth
My parents were going to abort me but luckily didn't. If they did, I wouldn't be here right now. At least if you're not aborted you're given the choice if you want to live or die.

Reactions: Esedia and Praestat_Mori
sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
My parents were going to abort me but luckily didn't. If they did, I wouldn't be here right now. At least if you're not aborted you're given the choice if you want to live or die.
if they aborted you, you wouldn't even know. so that's a dumb point. and what choice? i don't have euthanasia access and neither do you. we only have a choice of potentially turning ourselves into vegetables with weird suicide methods. yay. that makes me so happy! and anyway we derailed the thread so let's stop

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Praestat_Mori and Tony24
Tired_of_myself

Tired_of_myself

Jan 2, 2024
You feel to much, you have to grow up

nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
"You don't want to die, you just want to stop feeling pain."

"You want to die? Then throw yourself into the sea and you'll see yourself fighting to survive. You do not want to kill yourself, rather you want to kill something inside of you."

There's also one that I haven't really seen in the form of a reoccuring quote, but have seen some state that those who commit suicide are cowards.
Is it bad that I relate to those quotes😳

Especially the first one.

Like, yeah, for me, I don't really want to die, but I suffer so much so death is the only escape. If there was a way for the suffering to go away I wouldn't want to die anymore.

sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
Yeah, because my ripped apart fetus would be in a trashcan getting eaten by flies.

Bridge, rope, car, etc.
you are going to be eaten by worms etc regardless. and these methods are shitty as hell. i'd rather have been aborted than physically sick and suffering. every day

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Praestat_Mori and KillingPain267
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"You have no other option but to go on living."

That was the worst pro-lifer statement I got to hear when I was very down last year.

Reactions: KillingPain267
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
"It gets better", "others have it worse", "i was able to get rid of my suicidal thoughts now I'm the self appointed saviour of all that's in despair" 🙄

Reactions: KillingPain267 and AllTheseQuestions
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The notion that talking to others about your problems will automatically help solve them. Most people either don't want to actually hear that shit or they have nothing useful to say besides other generic and useless statements.

J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024
Life is what you make of it.

Uh no, life is often completely out of your control so even when you are doing your best, life can still throw poo at you.
"It gets better", "others have it worse", "i was able to get rid of my suicidal thoughts now I'm the self appointed saviour of all that's in despair" 🙄

Others have it worse.

Gosh I hate that one. The old "There's people starving in Africa".

Yes I know and it's awful for them too. Just because others are struggling too does not dismiss my struggles.

SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
Is it bad that I relate to those quotes😳

Especially the first one.

Like, yeah, for me, I don't really want to die, but I suffer so much so death is the only escape. If there was a way for the suffering to go away I wouldn't want to die anymore.
I would say for most people and for myself, that the stupidity of these quotes don't stem from the fact that they're untrue, but rather from the redundancy of the statements. The quotes aim to shift your perspective on your desire to commit suicide without actually changing or revealing new information about the reality of the situation itself. Yeah sure, I would say most people who want to commit suicide don't want to do it simply for the inherent action itself, but rather because of what comes from it, which would be to escape their pain or other similar kinds of negative emotions, which stem from their own struggles that are present in their lives. It doesn't change the fact that commiting suicide is possibly a solution to the pain and suffering that they so desperately want to escape.

The line of reasoning used within these quotes are quite similar to, if not literally the same as if I were to tell you that you don't want to eat food, you just want to get rid of your sensation of hunger, or that you want to experience the pleasurable sensations that come from tasting good food. Or that you don't want to watch a movie, but that you just want to become immersed into a collection of ideas, concepts, and feelings from living through the narrative of said movie.

I personally find the quotes distasteful because of the confident to arrogant tone that seems present in them on top of the fact that it doesn't actually present new information that could be helpful for the person's concrete reality. But yeah, it's not a bad thing that you relate to those quotes lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: KillingPain267 and nux_walpurgis