W

worthless123

Apr 24, 2023
if the shot is taken directly to the forehead at point blank range with a regular handgun, is there a high chance that i might survive with brain damage? this is the only way i can see myself going out and i want to make sure i dont survive and wake up in a mental institution or a hospital with brain damage, thus unable to try again.

Tired_fella

Tired_fella

Sep 4, 2024
At point blank range, Survival % is 2%.

Why not try to have a second thought? Is it really worth it?
Well, i wish you the peace you deserve in whatever option you come out with.

uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
I think this heavily depends on how experience you are with a gun and if you'd flinch as well. If someone is not proficient in gun use, they should not try this method.
I think this heavily depends on how experience you are with a gun and if you'd flinch as well. If someone is not proficient in gun use, they should not try this method.
There are also different statistics on the success of handgun versus shotgun, a shotgun has a higher success rate I believe

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
A .357 magnum revolver with hollow point bullets fired just above the ear is just about 100%.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
P

pathlessplaces

Sep 28, 2024
A .357 magnum revolver with hollow point bullets fired just above the ear is just about 100%.
What about a 9mm semi-automatic? I've got that with "man-stopper" bullets that I'm planning on using. And are you talking right above the ear at the temple or the bony part above the ear? Like the o.p. I'm not interested in brain damage or being a vegetable. I just want out

A

athiestjoe

Student
Sep 24, 2024
Check out the Firearms MegaThread

Very effective method especially if hitting the brain stem. Seems the biggest concern is firing the place and only hitting one hemisphere which can be survived and lead to vegitative state or aiming wrong (such as under the chin or direct in temple).

I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I can't tell you anything for sure. I'm still alive after all.

Reactions: LifeQuitter