aikou

aikou

hikikomori
Jun 3, 2024
I am a hikikomori who lives with their parents. I've been depressed for nearly 2 years and I occasionally self harmed. Eventually all razor blades and knives were confiscated in order for me to stop (Yes I do recognize this is for my well being but like many who use this website I'm sick and feel the need to take it out on myself). What are the best alternative tools for cutting myself? I've tried scissors but they weren't really effective.

mymarbles

mymarbles

Jan 29, 2024
i find bruising my legs to have the same relief as cutting , it also heals and doesn't scar

the metal chopsticks especially i tend to just jab myself it sends a rush up the body much like cutting sometimes rocks too also can bruise darker seeing the injury is validating as i've seen people on social media suggest snapping elastics against your wrist and such but that's just not the same

S

SHARKY26

Feb 4, 2023
try a can of coke or similar it wont cut as deep as a blade but i have found it useful at time when i havent got anything else

S

Steve Vermont

Feb 27, 2020
Hypodermic needles. We can get them where I live without prescription. I find extracting a syringe of blood and squirting it on the shower wall helps me. Don't let other people see this though. It will really freak them out.

C

caramelribboncrunch

Jun 24, 2024
hey! idk if these would've been taken as well, if you have them, but pencil sharpeners. If you can get your hands on one of those mini, manual plastic sharpeners and a screwdriver, the blades in those work well. A bonus is that once you've got one blade, you can use one of the non sharpened corners to unscrew other blades. :)) best of luck!! <3