pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
I feel like there's a difference between conceptually knowing what death is and really understanding it. I would like to delve into a deep meditation of the nature of death and it's permanence. To really understand that there is no other side, that I will be a corpse, that I will return to the state that existed before my conception. What are some meditational techniques/practices to do this? I've been watching suicide videos but I don't feel like I get much out of them.

Reactions: FranCanSee
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
If you meditate consistently enough, you can reach a state of no mind, no body awareness. To the point where it's almost a surprise to come out of it and experience consciousness.

Another handy trick is to try and remember what it is like before you were born, from your perspective, but this might prove fruitless if not momentarily enlightening. Human beings can't accurately conceptualise nonexistence, because it's beyond every frame of reference we possess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plainjane and pentobarbitaldreams
D

Desi

Student
Aug 16, 2019
Psychedelics ?
Never didnthem myself but people talk about it as a visionary experience, an alteration of conscience. If the idea of death is strongly in your mind, I believe they will open up more insight into it, another perspective.
Maybe.

Reactions: pentobarbitaldreams
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I feel like there's a difference between conceptually knowing what death is and really understanding it. I would like to delve into a deep meditation of the nature of death and it's permanence. To really understand that there is no other side, that I will be a corpse, that I will return to the state that existed before my conception. What are some meditational techniques/practices to do this? I've been watching suicide videos but I don't feel like I get much out of them.
I don't know how to adequately express how much you're missing the point other than to watch After Life with Ricky Gervais.