pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Wanting to Sleep for Eternity
Feb 3, 2023
i was 100% ready to end my life (again..). I travelled over +15km on foot to find a place where i can do it without anyone finding me. Then halfway through i remembered how much i was so excited for a certain character from a gacha game and remembered that his banner was coming soon. For me personally, remembering that my favorite character is going to be playable soon stopped me in my tracks and decided to go home. Even though no matter how much i want to leave for once and for all, i remember i do have things i look foward to. And for an average person they would scoff and laugh at the idea that a fictional character saved my life. But thats what happend anyways, and the more i think about it, being excited for new characters and new lore from few games is what kept me to live. Of course i cant admit all this to an average person, but these games hold a special place in my heart because of it.

So im curious, what are your guys small things in your life that keep you going? Feel free to be honest, no matter how silly it may be or w/e, i want to hear yall's small joys of life :)

(I hope this is the right thread to post this on oop-)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Reika179, LoiteringClouds, DynamicDepression and 4 others
bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
i still somehow manage to enjoy the little social interactions i get, mainly here or on some other sites, so that's something! i like stargazing, but light pollution makes it pretty hard to see anything worthwhile. other than that, i'd say... music? i've always wanted to play guitar, i just never got the opportunity.

it all sounds kind of silly grouped together -- maybe i'd have been an extroverted, rockstar astronomer in another life?

anyway, it's nice to see you've still got something to look forward to, friend. :>

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tiny Little Tree, StarlightDreamer and 1 other person
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Feb 3, 2023
i still somehow manage to enjoy the little social interactions i get, mainly here or on some other sites, so that's something! i like stargazing, but light pollution makes it pretty hard to see anything worthwhile. other than that, i'd say... music? i've always wanted to play guitar, i just never got the opportunity.

it all sounds kind of silly grouped together -- maybe i'd have been an extroverted, rockstar astronomer in another life?

anyway, it's nice to see you've still got something to look forward to, friend. :>
Thats all cool!! Stargazing is also one of my comforts, i remember when i was young i always wanted to "become one of the stars" and i still hold that sentiment to this day. 😭 it also seems music holds a special meaning to members on this site too so thats cool to hear!!

And yeah, it really makes you think what you could have been if life were different and easier. 😔 im def with you too that i wouldve been extroverted in different life as well

And right back at you too 💙

• Love
Reactions: bloodblacknothing
noonipie

noonipie

Student
Apr 5, 2023
my sweet cats

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Yavannah, Tiny Little Tree and 3 others
Spongebobfan23

Spongebobfan23

Helplesshappiness
Jul 17, 2023
For me, even though i've been contemplating leaving since i was 12, it's my Cats. I can't handle the thought that i'm not there for them anymore. They are the sweetest beings in the world and i would adoppt every cat in the world if i could and give them a nice loving home.
Something else would also be music, listening to great songs for the first time and going to concerts keeps me going at leas somewhat.

• Love
Reactions: Tiny Little Tree, StarlightDreamer, psp3000 and 1 other person
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
Right now, my primary drive in this world is becoming a writer again. I've been steadily seeing my efforts bear fruit - using more expressive words, envisioning scenes from everyday inspiration, and picking apart the various specimens of fiction I come across. These transient moments are a powerful incentive to keep improving.

When life calms down for me, I'm hopeful I can write a web novel.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tiny Little Tree and pyroxenic
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Feb 3, 2023
Right now, my primary drive in this world is becoming a writer again. I've been steadily seeing my efforts bear fruit - using more expressive words, envisioning scenes from everyday inspiration, and picking apart the various specimens of fiction I come across. These transient moments are a powerful incentive to keep improving.

When life calms down for me, I'm hopeful I can write a web novel.
Thats a beautiful way to think. I hope you reach your goals, keep going and i hope everything goes well for you! :)

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
There are still books I want to read, shows I want to watch and other distractions while I finish University. Some fictional characters I like. Also good food (mostly sweets).

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Yavannah, Tiny Little Tree and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's really dumb, but my plants. I love when a baby plant starts coming into its own - unfurling big, healthy leaves and standing tall. It's nice to know that you had a hand in that development, however small.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Tiny Little Tree, pyroxenic and 1 other person
D

darkgemdeath

Jul 22, 2023
For me, even though i've been contemplating leaving since i was 12, it's my Cats. I can't handle the thought that i'm not there for them anymore. They are the sweetest beings in the world and i would adoppt every cat in the world if i could and give them a nice loving home.
Something else would also be music, listening to great songs for the first time and going to concerts keeps me going at leas somewhat.
Usually it's my mom or my dog. But the thing actually keeping me from it rn is the release of Doja Cats new album

• Love
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Playing GTA on my phone. Finishing a book.

• Love
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Another for my cats here! They keep me going x

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and pyroxenic
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I love seeing birds splashing about in the bird bath. Now and then, a film will come along I get really excited about.

• Love
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
Is it Wanderer? :)

I'm sorry you got to the point you felt that's what you had to do and I'm glad you're still here since you want to be.

I've definitely used games, and yeah specifically gacha games, a similar way. Certain shows and stuff as well, there was a point where I was like "ok once this final season is over I'm outta here".

In some ways I got more out of games than "real life". I've had my fair share of people not "get" games at all and deride me for playing them too.

There was a time when I kinda splurged going out for food because I kept thinking of them as my last meal, nothing too crazy though. Now I'm taking cooking more seriously, mainly experimenting and trying to be scientific about it, I guess that's fun for the time being.

• Love
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Feb 3, 2023
Is it Wanderer? :)

I'm sorry you got to the point you felt that's what you had to do and I'm glad you're still here since you want to be.

I've definitely used games, and yeah specifically gacha games, a similar way. Certain shows and stuff as well, there was a point where I was like "ok once this final season is over I'm outta here".

In some ways I got more out of games than "real life". I've had my fair share of people not "get" games at all and deride me for playing them too.

There was a time when I kinda splurged going out for food because I kept thinking of them as my last meal, nothing too crazy though. Now I'm taking cooking more seriously, mainly experimenting and trying to be scientific about it, I guess that's fun for the time being.
Its actually Imbibitor Lunae from HSR! but im also saving up for Wanderer + Kokomi so i look foward to pulling on their banners in few days ;-)

And yeah, im in same spot too. Games (and sometimes shows) get more out of me than real life did mostly. Playing these games are the only passing time that make me forget about current conditions of my situation, so its the only routine i have day to day life. People around me wouldnt "get" the reason why i play games so much either.

And cooking is fun too!! I like to improvise with my cooking most of the time and experiment as well. Cooking as a small hobby is underrated.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and DynamicDepression
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Sitting on the lawns at my college, feeling the hair in my wind and having strangers come over and strike up conversations with me. It's so relieving to drop the facade I keep up at home— to just breathe and be myself, and say what I want without walking on eggshells. I don't have any real friendships but these small social interactions mean so much more to me than those acquaintances of mine will ever know.

• Love
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
It's actually quite similar for me, I'm mostly staying around to see how the story of Honkai: Star Rail develops. I don't get much joy out of video games anymore, but for some reason, HSR has managed to capture me still. I've also been enjoying watching Murder, She Wrote and would like to finish the series before going.

Its actually Imbibitor Lunae from HSR!
I really wish that they had waited to announce him until after he made his first appearance in the story. Would have been much cooler to see the revelation in real-time, in my opinion. Definitely pulling for him though.
Dan Heng is one of my favorites, after all.

• Love
Reactions: pyroxenic
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Reading about esoteric/metaphysical concepts, and wanting to play Starfield when it releases in September.

• Love
Reactions: finalrequiem, LoiteringClouds and pyroxenic
finalrequiem

finalrequiem

kill me yesterday
Oct 30, 2023
This is so dumb but honestly having multiple different drinks to choose from brings just a bit of joy. I don't really know why. I just feel better when I have the option between Gatorade or teas or something.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
If I manage to get out of my mind and look around, simply the light, the air, the little critters like ants, pigeons, water.. that is, life in motion. This has always calmed and relaxed me since I was 2 years old, I need spaces without many people or noise to be well.

But in cities or surrounded by noise and people everywhere I get sick and suffer and just survive instead of living.

//

Si aconsegueixo sortir de la meva ment i miro al voltant, simplement la llum, l'aire, les petites bestioles com les formigues, els coloms, l'aigua.. es a dir, la vida en moviment. Això m'ha calmat i relaxat sempre desde que tenía 2 anys, necessito espais sense gaire gent ni soroll per estar bé.

Però a les ciutats o envoltat de sorolls i gent per tot arreu enmalalteixo i pateixo i només faig que sobreviure en comptes de viure.

Reactions: Celerity