• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
  1. Procreation always entails a possibility of suffering of the child. It doesn't matter how small the probability of suffering is, the mere possibility suffices. To procreate is to gamble with someone's life.
  2. To say that pleasures and joys of life are worth some amount of suffering is fallacious for three reasons: a) What certainty do you have that the child will enjoy life more than he/she suffers? b) Pain and pleasure are not symmetrical. Any amount of pleasure does not compensate or 'Erase' pain. Would you be willing to experience 1 minute of best pleasure you can think of followed by 1 minute of worst pain imaginable? c) The non-existent are not deprived of any pleasure. They crave neither for being born, nor for the joys of the world. Does such a place exist where unborn babies cry out that they're being deprived of enjoying the joys this world has to offer?
  3. From 2c, it follows that it is impossible to bring a child to this world for its own sake. It's always for the sake of people who beget the child, which makes the child mere means to an end.
  4. What certainty do you have that the child would not inflict pain on other sentient beings?
  5. Procreating is allocating the existing resources to a newly created life rather than using those resources for betterment of children who already exist and don't have a home i.e. orphans and abandoned kids.
  6. Unfortunately, people are like animals because they get together and they're attracted to each other because of hormones and they start having babies without even thinking about it and then a year or two they don't even know each other and then they get a divorce and then the poor kids are from a broken home.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, sserafim, Vicolo cieco and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
1. There has never been a single non existent being which has craved life yet there have been beings who are alive who wish there were never born
2. Whilst I will admit that many people are happy enough to enjoy and appreciate life, that still doesn't mean that we should procreate and gamble on a new life due to my first point. No non existent being is going to hate you for not giving birth to them because they don't exist to begin with yet, if you do give birth to them, there's a chance that it can backfire. It isn't worth taking that risk
3. Basically everything else that you said. Yes, I know you said point 2 already but I had to reiterate it as it's truly so good (your point 3 is good too by the way)

Reactions: JKFleck, sserafim, Vicolo cieco and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was just standing in line to buy milk tea and a kid in front of me goes "I'll have the skibidi slush." It wasn't an actual item on the menu but I'd say that's a pretty good reason right there to not procreate.

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, Darkover and EvisceratedJester
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
Because nobody can suffer from the absence of everything yet there is no limit as to how much one can be tormented in this meaningless, undesirable existence there was never a need for in the first place. Procreation is evil to me as it's the source of all human suffering, all that procreation ever causes is an immense amount of harm, it's a devastating tragedy how humans procreate.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Darkover
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I can think of endless reasons not to procreate, but not any reasons promoting it that aren't selfish or for the purpose of continuing human civilization

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Darkover