• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
#1 is that in new cars, you can't replace the radios anymore. I remember having some awesome systems, one had two 12s and two amps. Sounded wicked.

#2 is I bet they keep making people wear masks, even after you've been vaccinated.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well I think humanity is going virtual soon, everything will be done by robots or artificial intelligence, there is a movie called "Her" it really gives you a glimpse of the future in my opinion. The actor falls in love with a artificial intelligence app. I hope I'm not here to see that happen.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Our planet is already falling apart and we as a society are going to fall with it at some point.
If we don't make it to Mars that is (hopefully not).

Reactions: GarageKarate07
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Humans will be lazier everytime and we'll attach more and more to the virtual world which will probably bring more deaths by suicide because of depression.
Even though it's amazing, technology shall destroy us but hey, we can always run away to another simulation and keep on living, maybe...

Reactions: GarageKarate07
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Well I think humanity is going virtual soon, everything will be done by robots or artificial intelligence, there is a movie called "Her" it really gives you a glimpse of the future in my opinion. The actor falls in love with a artificial intelligence app. I hope I'm not here to see that happen.
You have to check out movie called Ex Machina. I believe that is where ai is headed eventually. Great movie, btw.

Every part of our lives is going to be public sooner or later. There wont be any kind of privacy soon, only clicks and likes. Big brother encourages that.
Already here in the form of the Chinese social credit system: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I think there were always things going to shit, but people effected would have died off pretty quickly and been forgotten about. Nowadays people have to purposefully ignore and dismiss them instead because they're not dying as easily or silently in the age of the internet.

I think that's breeding a culture of people having to compartmentalise, shut off others' problems, and become increasingly selfish to stay sane.

Reactions: MindFrog
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Our society has reached the "decadent" stage of the civilization cycle. Controlled by an elite that is detached from the mass of mankind, yet smart enough to play us off against one another (ie. identity politics). There is nothing new about this, just different actors, with a slightly re-written script. Yet the ending is always the same, collapse.

But there is a slight chance that the elite might bootstrap themselves out of it this time. They have concentrated unimaginable and unprecedented wealth to themselves. If they can use that to automate everything and eliminate the need for 99% of human labor they can just put everyone on UBI and the boredom (or escape into VR) will drive most to stop breeding. Would be good for "the planet" though, and as an antinatalist I'd be glad to see less people and less suffering.

Reactions: TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Our society has reached the "decadent" stage of the civilization cycle. Controlled by an elite that is detached from the mass of mankind, yet smart enough to play us off against one another (ie. identity politics). There is nothing new about this, just different actors, with a slightly re-written script. Yet the ending is always the same, collapse.

But there is a slight chance that the elite might bootstrap themselves out of it this time. They have concentrated unimaginable and unprecedented wealth to themselves. If they can use that to automate everything and eliminate the need for 99% of human labor they can just put everyone on UBI and the boredom (or escape into VR) will drive most to stop breeding. Would be good for "the planet" though, and as an antinatalist I'd be glad to see less people and less suffering.
I wish you were correct but I think it's more likely that the meetings that have been going on for centuries, the last one 1954 bilderberg hotel is to keep the status quo.
They feed off suffering.
So this world is a perfect orchestrator of suffering and if what you say was correct that would lead to less pain which wouldn't serve them. I'm not necessarily an 'adrenachrome' theorists, suffering is a product that you can obtain from others and use converting it into positive for themselves.
Of course neither of us know for sure.
Maybe it's several cabals with different agendas competing for beyond absolute power.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
1. Global warming and overpopulation
2. Lack of legitimate innovations that are bettering peoples lives (No, social media, 5G, and Uber do not count)
3. High IQ subsets within populations are not reproducing while the low IQ ones are which produces a doom loop. You see this across and within countries.
4. Social isolation becoming a general and even accepted trend
5. Increasingly irrational behavior and thinking that is totally out of touch with reality
6. Decaying physical and social infrastructure
7. Broken families
8. drug use among the youth and even older age groups