T

TheLastStraw

May 10, 2018
Everyday is the same I just kill all my free time browsing the web. I wish there was a hobby that brings me joy I've tried gaming, exercise, reading books and several others but I never really enjoy them

It feels like I'm stuck in an endless cycle from one day to the next. I wish I had a reason to stay alive. Maybe if I was a millionaire and could afford to do anything it would be different but nothing within my financial means nothing in my life gives me any joy

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, mooncake, Chupacabra 44 and 8 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Depression does this to even the most talented of artists and hobbyists. The funny thing about motivation is it takes it to make it. You just have to force yourself sometimes to do something.

There is no 1 solution to anything though, and hobbies alone are never enough. That's what can make recovery so difficult for many, myself included.

Reactions: puppy9, Fragile and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You gotta find your purpose. That's what others have told me.

Reactions: puppy9 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
It's possible you may be experiencing anhedonia. If that's the case, even a million dollars won't help you. You may want to talk to a doctor or therapist about this. They may be able to prescribe something that helps.

In full disclosure, if you've never been on meds for psychological disorders before, it is a potentially dangerous one-way road with a lot of trial and error. Still, a lot of people do benefit, so it may be worth it.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
How about looking at things to do, find hobbies and interests on youtube. i like to watching day in the life videos in my free to act as a motivator for my degree

E

ezeph

Sep 30, 2020
I think you're supposed to find something that makes you feel positive for the long term... I haven't found that yet.

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
It's about starting small no working your way up start off with simple tasks and see how you feel.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Waste your life, regret it, try to change it, fail, commit suicide in that order. That's me anyway. The internet seems to be the main problem now. Short attention spans just filling the void with likes. My problem is I didn't have it. Not when it would have mattered. I'm done with it now, I'm done with it all.

Reactions: Anxieyote, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, puppy9 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 20852

I have the same problem I just do nothing nothings interesting

Reactions: Skathon
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I wish I knew. I have no interests, purpose, passion or hobbies. I used to but it's like that part of me died when I experienced the severe abuse and trauma on top of an already bad life..I just shut down. No amount of trying is bringing it back sadly.

Reactions: Marauder, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel the same. Everything in life is pointless really as we are destined for death which means non existence.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
OP, I have the same thing going on.

For me, my baseline mood is lower than most, and I believe this is labeled dysthymia. Plus I've lost interest in things that used to bring me pleasure and I believe this is labeled anhedonia. And, I have had both these conditions for years.

Lots of medical labels, few ideas for medical treatments, zero ideas for medical cures.

I have no idea what has happened to me but my mood is elevating and I am becoming interested again in riding my bike which I haven't done in four and a half years. Frankly, I'm unsure why my mood is changing but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth, and I will strike while the iron is hot, and hopefully getting myself on my bike will pump me full of endorphins and dopamine such that I will be into recovery and can be successful in shaking my suicide ideation, while at the same time not becoming manic. (Bet your grandpa can't work both those old school clichés into one single sentence, as I just did).

I wish you the best and hope you figure out a solution for yourself.

I know lingering excessively on the internet is my way of self medicating. Read there is a big dopamine release associated with internet usage. From all my research I'm convinced that my brain lacks dopamine and I am engaging in activities that are believed to enhance dopamine production.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Anxieyote and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga