D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
Shit. Got so upset I only slept an hour and a half before jury duty. Hope it's Will Smith on trial.

Reactions: Un-
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Justified slap. Anyone talking shit about my wife, I slap the shit out of them too.

D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
Justified slap. Anyone talking shit about my wife, I slap the shit out of them too.
Anybody else would have been taken out in cuffs. Celebrity has its privileges. One joke. Wasn't talking shit about her. I need to read the backstory on this alopecia business. But what's with the bullshit with men having to rescue women's sacred honor? Such b.s. comes from the Troubadours and continues to this day. It's another way of women deferring to men and men owning women in a sense. The same could apply to honor killings, then. Many women are killed by their own husbands and families for something alleged, or they couldn't adjust to their daughter becoming too Westernized, as in the case of the Iraqi father in Phoenix, AZ who killed his daughter by running her over twice with his SUV.

It's the same thing. The woman or her honor must be preserved at all costs and it's all man's responsibility to do it. I used to lose my shit over things my ex told me and wanted to put all the abusers and insulters in the dirt. But I also realized she liked to stir up a lot of shit for attention, to feel valued, to provoke a reaction. I stopped buying into that shit, but it was a matter of deprogramming. The book that helped me was Warren Farrell's THE MYTH OF MALE POWER.

If I don't cut this argument now I'm gonna ctb via heart attack and that's not in the plan. So I'm hanging up now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Un-
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Will Smith loves his wife, even after his wife cheated on him, he still went back to her and honored their marriage and sacred vows. Alopecia is a condition in which a person is unable to grow hair on their head, would definitely cause low self-esteem for anyone and to make a joke like that is almost akin to making a joke about chemo causing baldness in cancer patients. Also I just watched the video after I made the comment above, it seemed that Will Smith initially laughed at the joke, but saw his wife wasn't laughing and realized that she was hurt by it. So he did what he did out of anger at himself for not sticking by his wife by slapping a comedian. Should he be put in cuffs? No.

If history serves me right, Jada has broken her marriage vows by cheating on Will with another man for years, was given creative freedom to do whatever she wanted, but limited Will Smith. Last time Will did an interview about his wife, the man looked broken. But because of both person's cultural view on marriage as an institution that must be upheld no matter what, he can't leave and must abide to his wife. So, Will Smith isn't a dick, his wife is and he's in a toxic relationship that he refuses to get out of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiisai
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
one look at his cheating wife who bragged about cheating on him and he put on the collar and did what mommy told him to do.
its sad really. idk why people are mad at will smith, guy has no agency over his life because his dynamic with his wife is weird.

overall feel really sad for everyone in this situation except the wife.

Reactions: Al_stargate and Symbiote
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Tell me the joke please. Nothing justifies Smith's actions. Gervais was ten times as harsh and people just let it go. Alopecia might get some people off, also. Hairless everywhere. It's not such a curse. No waxing ever; Plenty of bald chicks can be hot as shit.

People should be able to take a joke, I get she's got alopecia but c'mon, there are far worst things, it was an innocent joke.

I've struggled with alopecia due to autoimmune in the past, it sucks, especially as a women. I don't think people understand how humiliating it can be to lose your hair like that. People stare at you, whisper about you, all the time. Mine grew back, but I still have nightmares about my hair falling out, and it's been years. It's kind of rich that you guys are acting like it's not a big deal on a suicide website, most people here would fucking crumble if they lost all their hair at once and, then got made fun of in front of millions.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, Cathy Ames, archipelago and 3 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I've struggled will alopecia due to autoimmune in the past, it sucks, especially as a women. I don't think people understand how humiliating it can be to lose your hair like that. People stare at you, whisper about you, all the time. Mine grew back, but I still have nightmares about my hair falling out, and it's been years. It's kind of rich that you guys are acting like it's not a big deal on a suicide website, most people here would fucking crumble if they lost all their hair at once and, then got made fun of in front of millions.
Sorry, I also suffer from an appearance issue, mine is definitely worse than losing hair. I'm afraid to go out. Sorry about what you're dealing with. I still don't think that joke was worth of that response. Chris Rock even said it in kinda friendly tone, I felt, not insulting way.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
The dude tried to poke fun at a woman for going bald, and ended up getting slapped by the husband. Oh well, better luck next time. Chris handled it well. There was a time when that meant a duel to the death... I choose pistols at sunrise.
Gloveslap

"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"…
Dying rn. So good.

yo holmes smell ya later

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Sorry, I also suffer from an appearance issue, mine is definitely worse than losing hair. I'm afraid to go out. Sorry about what you're dealing with. I still don't think that joke was worth of that response. Chris Rock even said it in kinda friendly tone, I felt, not insulting way.
So because you suffer worse, it's ok to make fun of people with sensitive issues like that? Alopecia is a very big deal when you're going through it.

I agree that Will didn't handle it well, but this isn't the first time Chris has taken a shot at Jada in his stand up.

Reactions: Crazy4u, Cathy Ames, archipelago and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Well, I looked it up. Now I wonder if it's a rehearsed stunt for attention, or a genuine edgelord joke for attention from one guy and a dramatic overreaction for attention from another. That's what happens when one common denominator for the award show, the host and the winners is that they are all well past their prime in terms of popularity...

Reactions: Oblivion Access
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Idk, I'm not sure people on this website appreciate it when people make jokes at the expense of their problems in a "friendly" way and whatever one might think of Smith's reaction here it's absolutely fair to expect a negative response if you take the piss out of people's suffering in this way, being a multi-millionaire comedian does not put Chris Rock into a rarefied atmosphere where people have got to pretend to appreciate shitty cheap shots at the expense of their loved ones.

Reactions: Crazy4u, katagiri83, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
I understand Smith's reaction but I absolutely would not want my family to spotlight my humiliation like that. If it were me that would be far more embarrassing and I would be angrier for them making a scene out of a throwaway joke.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't give a damn about who's in the right, Chris Rock shouldn't have made a joke like that in the first place and Will Smith overreacted just to make himself look tough. Blah blah blah both sides etc etc.

I can see how one might conclude this was staged since the camera work on that moment was actually really amazing (literally the shot after he smacks him was framed so beautifully) plus Chris Rock wasn't really hit that hard but the fact the broadcast had to be suddenly censored leads me to believe it wasn't staged plus Will Smith looks genuinely upset for what it's worth.

Anyways, like I said I don't care about any of that I just love all the memes.

5B93DE42 FD25 4771 A0DB 7E71F652EA72

• Yay!
Reactions: Fragile, WrongPlaceWrongTime, onlyanimalsaregood and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Probably a publicity stunt since the Oscars have been on a sharp decline in audience for quite a while now. But there's also a natural element to this, being the fact that will's marriage issues have broken him and there's a lot of insecurity going on, mostly on his side, to say that he is a cuckold is not an insult but a fact at this point. And apparently Chris Rock is not in good terms with Jada or something like that.

Definitely a cheap shot, and a hurtful one at that. But far from the worst thing that Chris Rock has said or could've said.

I'm sure most people have seen it already, bue here's a small breakdown of what happened.

Regardless, the Oscars haven't seen this level of virality and coverage for years...

Reactions: Manaaja and GrumpyFrog
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
one look at his cheating wife who bragged about cheating on him and he put on the collar and did what mommy told him to do.
its sad really. idk why people are mad at will smith, guy has no agency over his life because his dynamic with his wife is weird.

overall feel really sad for everyone in this situation except the wife.
To be fair, Jada didn't cheat. People need to stop putting out this narrative. They've insinuated many times that they have an open marriage. Whilst Jada was doing her thing with that rnb guy, Will said he was also doing his thing.

• Love
Reactions: walt and Cathy Ames
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for Elon to challenge Will to a cage fight.

• Yay!
Reactions: Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
The way he walked with measured steps made me think it was scripted. Also, he laughed at the joke until he looked at this wife and then acted. So I think it was either scripted completely or he did it because his wife wanted. Also, the fact that it was a small calm slap instead of a raging punch. Also, I don't know much about any celebrity, but you'd think that if they were aggressive they'd display it on other occasions and not just during Oscars.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I would be convinced this was genuine if they duked it out on stage

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
FFB3C0FF 1F05 4EB9 B224 ECC80C42B37C
please, not our overanalysed celeb culture, it's insufferable. we are really not obliged to turn it into discourse

Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
Man, fk all of those rich celebrity assbags and anyone who cares about them lol

H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
Ugh I can't stand entitled/arrogant people