D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
What a dick that motherfucker is. These celebrities and their entitlement. May Rock sue this mofo's ass into the ground. Piece of SHIT. He'll blame the booze, no doubt. His people will massage it endlessly. Fuck Smith!

Reactions: Crazy4u and Al_stargate
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I agree. Shouldn't just molly whop someone for making a joke (not even the most offensive joke).

houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
I kinda think this was staged for getting views 🤔

Reactions: GasMonkey, whatevs, Sunset Limited and 5 others
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
I agree. Shouldn't just molly whop someone for making a joke (not even the most offensive joke).
He should also be stripped of the Oscar. A dude who made his bones in sitcoms whacks a comic? He seemed under the influence, but I want Rock to press charges and not let this cocksucker off. These celebrities live in a goddamned entitled bubble. Thug culture needs to be wiped out from a civil society! Grew up around it. Disgusting what they've become.

Last edited:
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Why would Jada agree to be humiliated?

That was a hurtful joke. She has an autoimmune disorder that caused her to lose her hair, and it's widely known in Hollywood a) that she has it and b) that she feels extremely self-conscious about it. I agree that Will should not have slapped Chris Rock, but honestly I was equally shocked that Chris didn't see fit to apologize to Jada.

Reactions: Life_and_Death, indigomoon, archipelago and 2 others
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021

That was a hurtful joke. She has an autoimmune disorder that caused her to lose her hair, and it's widely known in Hollywood a) that she has it and b) that she feels extremely self-conscious about it. I agree that Will should not have slapped Chris Rock, but honestly I was equally shocked that Chris didn't see fit to apologize to Jada.

Well congrats Will Smith, a joke that would've been easily overlooked from this awards show that no one watches will now be remembered probably for decades to come. People will intentionally make derivatives of this joke now.

• Love
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay, Un- and markimobzzdeasui
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022

I heard no joke abt her having alopecia. Just said a joke abt the movie and how he "looked forward to seeing it'" Did I miss something? What humiliation? Rock is who got humiliated and Smith, the dude who reportedly wants an open marriage so he can screw other women unabashedly, this shit wants to channel that guilt b/c of this, imo, and suddenly become her valiant defender. What a simpleton.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Well congrats Will Smith, a joke that would've been easily overlooked will be remembered probably for decades to come. People will intentionally make derivatives of this joke now.
I think a big part of the problem was that he initially laughed at the joke... then he looked at her face. I felt really bad for her.

Reactions: archipelago, Fragile and Crazy4u
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021
I heard no joke abt her having alopecia. Just said a joke abt the movie and how he "looked forward to seeing it'" Did I miss something? What humiliation? Rock is who got humiliated and Smith, the dude who reportedly wants an open marriage so he can screw other women unabashedly, this shit wants to channel that guilt b/c of this, imo, and suddenly become her valiant defender. What a simpleton.

The joke regarded her hair loss because the protagonist in G.I. Jane had a shaved head.

Reactions: GentleJerk and houseofleaves
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
The joke was a bald joke. There is no G.I. Jane reboot in the works. He specifically wrote a joke to make fun of her hairless head. Bullying, but I guess it's okay if it's in service to comedy.

Reactions: bleeeeeep, archipelago and GentleJerk
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
The joke regarded her hair loss because the protagonist in G.I. Jane had a shaved head.
Tell me the joke please. Nothing justifies Smith's actions. Gervais was ten times as harsh and people just let it go. Alopecia might get some people off, also. Hairless everywhere. It's not such a curse. No waxing ever; Plenty of bald chicks can be hot as shit.
The joke was a bald joke. There is no G.I. Jane reboot in the works. He specifically wrote a joke to make fun of her hairless head. Bullying, but I guess it's okay if it's in service to comedy.
I still don't get the text of what he said. How would that be translated into bullying of alopecia? Disagree. Unless I hear the actual text of the joke, it doesn't come off as bullying. Saw TMZ clip.. I didn't get any offensive anything b/c of hair or no hair.

Reactions: Un-
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021
I think a big part of the problem was that he initially laughed at the joke... then he looked at her face. I felt really bad for her.

I still think the content of the joke is irrelevant because Chris Rock still got assaulted. Comedians have made bad jokes about peoples' dead friends and they weren't attacked, and in my opinion, this is nothing compared to that. Will Smith fucked up.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Tell me the joke please. Nothing justifies Smith's actions. Gervais was ten times as harsh and people just let it go. Alopecia might get some people off, also. Hairless everywhere. It's not such a curse. No waxing ever; Plenty of bald chicks can be hot as shit.
I agree that the slap was NOT COOL. I explained about the joke already, but I'll say it again. She has an autoimmune disease that caused her to lose her hair. She is unhappy about losing her hair. People in Hollywood (including Chris Rock) know this. Chris Rock made up a joke where he said he was looking forward to seeing her in "G.I. Jane II," which is not actually a movie that is in the works. The "joke" is basically, "Hahahaha, Jada has no hair on her head," said about a woman who is known to be unhappy about her involuntary hair loss. Now... she has been trying to make the best of her situation, trying to be positive, etc. Still, now every single little girl or woman who has the same problem has gotten to see how their problem makes them the butt of people's jokes. Do you understand now?

Reactions: archipelago
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
I was thinking that, but he really whacked him. If so, it was well-done. I think it was real. I just think Smith is full of himself, like so many in that world. Grew up around so many of these assholes. Dreck.
I agree that the slap was NOT COOL. I explained about the joke already, but I'll say it again. She has an autoimmune disease that caused her to lose her hair. She is unhappy about losing her hair. People in Hollywood (including Chris Rock) know this. Chris Rock made up a joke where he said he was looking forward to seeing her in "G.I. Jane II," which is not actually a movie that is in the works. The "joke" is basically, "Hahahaha, Jada has no hair on her head," said about a woman who is known to be unhappy about her involuntary hair loss. Now... she has been trying to make the best of her situation, trying to be positive, etc. Still, now every single little girl or woman who has the same problem has gotten to see how their problem makes them the butt of people's jokes. Do you understand now?
Hmmm. I'll need to see everything in days to come. Thx. She can cry in her Malibu mansion. She'll be okay. Talking abt hurt--how abt Smith and his alleged insistence on they're having an open marriage so he can stick his willie into any female he wants to screw? It's been unavoidable the past year in the "news." He's a scumbage who has undoubtedly hurt and caused more pain to his wife than any mild joke could ever do. The question is where has WIll's mouth been?

Last edited:
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I still think the content of the joke is irrelevant.
Yeah, who cares about bullying, as long as it's funny, right?

Again. Will should not have slapped the man. ALSO!!!! Chris Rock had no need to go out of his way to make fun of Jada, and that was not cool. All in all, he comes out smelling like a rose for bullying a woman with hair loss. He's got material to last him for the rest of his life. No need to sue. In fact he already said he is not suing.

Reactions: archipelago and Chinaski
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Will Smith really messed up, joke wasn't even that distasteful really, in my opinion. Even Will laughed. People should be able to take a joke, I get she's got alopecia but c'mon, there are far worst things, it was an innocent joke. Chris Rock really handled himself well. I also thought it was staged due to how absurd it seems but looking at it again, pretty sure not.

the_town_manager

the_town_manager

pleasant dreams for tired eyes
Mar 25, 2022
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I don't see why the slap is any worse than the joke. Will Smith has probably seen first-hand how much his wife has suffered due to her illness, and it's understandable to me that he would step up to protect her from being the butt of a joke. Probably shouldn't have gone and slapped Rock, but eh, it's hard to feel particularly bad for him.

Reactions: bleeeeeep, archipelago, Crazy4u and 1 other person
A

ArcherFiles44

Mar 20, 2022
Then get on stage talking about being a vessel of love, light, protection...dude needs some serious therapy for repressed rage and misplaced anger issues from his childhood.

Reactions: DeepSlumber, GentleJerk and Al_stargate
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021
I thought the idea that violence doesn't solve problems was more popular but I guess not. Go ahead and attack people for insulting you but I sure hope you have a good lawyer.

Yeah, who cares about bullying, as long as it's funny, right?

Again. Will should not have slapped the man. ALSO!!!! Chris Rock had no need to go out of his way to make fun of Jada, and that was not cool. All in all, he comes out smelling like a rose for bullying a woman with hair loss. He's got material to last him for the rest of his life. No need to sue. In fact he already said he is not suing.
I didn't find it funny, it was just like any other stand-up comedy joke, most of which I don't find too funny. I said the content is irrelevant because you simply don't physically attack someone for speaking words that you don't like unless they are in any way a physical threat to you. Also, it wasn't bullying because it was only a single joke.

Last edited:
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Yeah, nothing new here, celebrities throwing themselves in a river of shit for a few minutes of fame

Reactions: whatevs, GrumpyFrog, Un- and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Saw it just now. Yeah he fucked up and It was over the top but honestly, disrespect is disrespect. Plus that joke wasn't even funny imo.

I hear people all the time being disrespectful with a thin layer of humor and saying "it's just a joke". If you are going to go there, it's gotta be real damn funny, and you should make sure that woman's husband is never able to walk up on you, jic they don't think it's funny. You might get slapped!

I think his initial laughter might have been either one of those brainless automatic laughters-on-cue that is always expected on TV before realizing what was actually said, or the "oh-this-mf-really-thinks-he-funny" kind of, "oh-we-got-a-comedian-up-in-here" sort of, "oh-I'm-bouta-slap-the-brakes-off-this-clown" type of laughter. You know the one.

You could see his wife was upset by it, a lot of men were taught to stand up for their wives and families, never let another man get way with disrespecting them, and this was seen as an admirable quality. Maybe not so much now in our current Idiocracy-like times where everybody is expected to guffaw at any low-brow attempt at roasting, but once upon a time.

At least it was an open hand slap and nothing too aggressive. I gotta say tho Chris took it really well. Probably because he realized the second that hand touched his face, that maybe his joke was kinda disrespectful and not that funny.

Staged? Very well could be. Look at what happened to Andy Kaufman on Letterman. People didn't know that was staged until Kaufmann was dead! Either way I encourage celebrities to smack each other on stage at the oscars more, because what else is TV for if not my shallow entertainment? It was interesting enough for me to watch when the oscars aren't.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Rock has kind of lost his comedy touch and his joke was a cheap shot and not okay, although tbf I think the Smith family have lost their marbles. Will is no longer the easygoing Philly kid from the Fresh Prince days. Jada has some weird type of hold over him. I remember when she openly cheated with that one dude and he accepted it. Very bizarre. Also I really can't stand Amy Schumer. I just had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Then get on stage talking about being a vessel of love, light, protection...dude needs some serious therapy for repressed rage and misplaced anger issues from his childhood.
Yeah, that was next level.

Reactions: Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Chris Rock always had edgy jokes, really funny though. Anyone remembers that time (I think it was MTV awards way back in the day) when he said 50 Cent took more shots to the face than Jenna Jameson (referring to 50 being shot 9 times including in the face). That was some funny shit, 50 was laughing though.

S

silent staring void

Student
Jan 22, 2020
I think it was probably not staged. Chris Rock was silent for like 10 seconds afterwards and then fucked up his next line. If it was staged he probably would have had a good comeback. But there's no way to know for sure.

Tbh I think that the slap was funny and I'm not going to care about the ethics of what celebrities do for attention in front of a camera anyways. I don't watch the Oscars but if there were more assault and violence in them I might change my mind on that.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I believe Will is still not over his wife's "entanglement" and he is compensating it with bravado in fear of losing her again therefore he reacted that way to Chris.

Reactions: Fragile, archipelago, PreussenBlueJay and 3 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"…

IMO, they were both in the wrong.

• Yay!
Reactions: Cathy Ames, GentleJerk, Al_stargate and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it was probably not staged. Chris Rock was silent for like 10 seconds afterwards and then fucked up his next line. If it was staged he probably would have had a good comeback. But there's no way to know for sure.

Tbh I think that the slap was funny and I'm not going to care about the ethics of what celebrities do for attention in front of a camera anyways. I don't watch the Oscars but if there were more assault and violence in them I might change my mind on that.

Yeah that would be pretty cool if the Oscars turned into UFC in $5,000 outfits. Celebrities smashing champagne flutes on each other's heads, stiletto heels as rudimentary shanks. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Reactions: Un- and silent staring void
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Well, I don't watch TV so please fill me in. I am NOT a fan of will and his frankenstein bride. Thanks.

• Yay!
Reactions: deleted
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
If only people got half as worked up over the literal animal holocaust going on every single day or the fucking planet we all live on burning down as this silly drama among pampered celebrities. One can always dream, eh?

Reactions: Poor Stargazer, whatevs, GentleJerk and 4 others