• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It was ok but sort of depressing. It was difficult to listen to people talk about their stuff. I was anxiety ridden and uncomfortable. I'm like, am I having a panic attack in here Jesus Christ. I haven't felt that anxious since like public school in the lunch room lol! This one guy made me bust out crying because he was so open and showed emotion. It amazed me how many old men were in there and how confident they were. They were pros who have been going for awhile I guess. I did talk a bit about my ordeals. It was comforting to listen because most of everything everybody said was relatable.

• Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Jc40, AnnihilatedAnna and 7 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
It was ok but sort of depressing. It was difficult to listen to people talk about their stuff. I was anxiety ridden and uncomfortable. I'm like, am I having a panic attack in here Jesus Christ. I haven't felt that anxious since like public school in the lunch room lol! This one guy made me bust out crying because he was so open and showed emotion. It amazed me how many old men were in there and how confident they were. They were pros who have been going for awhile I guess. I did talk a bit about my ordeals. It was comforting to listen because most of everything everybody said was relatable.

Good on you! I really find AA to be one of my favorite places. I've never had a drinking concern but I used to go to (open) AA meetings whenever I moved to a new city JUST because I found the people there to be among the most humble, real human beings I'd ever met. It wasn't about status or money or looks... It was about getting through the challenges of the moment.

And yeah, many of the stories people shared touched me deeply, too. Is your NA meeting close to where you live? Was it hard to get there? How long was the meeting? Was it open or closed? Will you go back? I could talk about NA/AA for hours! When I was in college, a roommate and I both went to a local OA meeting. I kid you not--the second it was over, nearly everyone ran down to the corner Au Bon Pain to buy cookies or other baked goods. We laughed about that for WEEKS!!!!

Thanks for sparking one of the only bright memories I have in my life. Wishing you the best.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Jc40, AnnihilatedAnna and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Good on you! I really find AA to be one of my favorite places. I've never had a drinking concern but I used to go to (open) AA meetings whenever I moved to a new city JUST because I found the people there to be among the most humble, real human beings I'd ever met. It wasn't about status or money or looks... It was about getting through the challenges of the moment.

And yeah, many of the stories people shared touched me deeply, too. Is your NA meeting close to where you live? Was it hard to get there? How long was the meeting? Was it open or closed? Will you go back? I could talk about NA/AA for hours! When I was in college, a roommate and I both went to a local OA meeting. I kid you not--the second it was over, nearly everyone ran down to the corner Au Bon Pain to buy cookies or other baked goods. We laughed about that for WEEKS!!!!

Thanks for sparking one of the only bright memories I have in my life. Wishing you the best.
Yea ill probably go back. It was 5 mins from my apt so very convenient because I hadn't planned it far ahead. I'm not sure it was closed or open but I guess it was open. It seemed to be maybe an hour long if that. I was just attempting to do something outside of my comfort zone since I've been a hikkikomori for like the last year on adderall. What's the difference between closed or open meetings?

Reactions: Dartz, AnnihilatedAnna, Superfluous and 1 other person
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
Sounds like you found it helpful after you got over the anxiousness. You should definitely try to go to more meetings.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna and Superfluous
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Yea ill probably go back. It was 5 mins from my apt so very convenient because I hadn't planned it far ahead. I'm not sure it was closed or open but I guess it was open. It seemed to be maybe an hour long if that. I was just attempting to do something outside of my comfort zone since I've been a hikkikomori for like the last year on adderall. What's the difference between closed or open meetings?

I promised myself never to meet up with anyone else I meet online but if I lived in the same city as someone attending a OA/NA/AA meeting, I'd totally go. I'm super jealous there's one within 5-minutes of your home. "Closed" meetings are only for people directly dealing with the issue (like narcotics). "Open" meetings permit family or friends, anyone supportive from the general community. I hope you get a lot out of going, if you go back. I'd love to talk about the meetings anytime you want to. I really am envious of you.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, Superfluous and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I promised myself never to meet up with anyone else I meet online but if I lived in the same city as someone attending a OA/NA/AA meeting, I'd totally go. I'm super jealous there's one within 5-minutes of your home. "Closed" meetings are only for people directly dealing with the issue (like narcotics). "Open" meetings permit family or friends, anyone supportive from the general community. I hope you get a lot out of going, if you go back. I'd love to talk about the meetings anytime you want to. I really am envious of you.
Are u living in middle of nowhere at this time? I almost got trapped in a very small town but I got out because I didn't think I could handle that tiny of a town. I was losing my mind because there's just not enough people or anonymity. I didn't care if I was broke in a city because at least I won't be bored out of my skull.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Are u living in middle of nowhere at this time? I almost got trapped in a very small town but I got out because I didn't think I could handle that tiny of a town. I was losing my mind because there's just not enough people or anonymity. I didn't care if I was broke in a city because at least I won't be bored out of my skull.

AMEN!!! Sadly, right now I am living in a middle-of-nowhere US dump. I just can't afford the costs of living anywhere else. I wish US zoning laws were much friendlier towards tiny homes. Do you do roommates? If so, do you find it easier putting up with other people than living in tiny rural towns?

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
AMEN!!! Sadly, right now I am living in a middle-of-nowhere US dump. I just can't afford the costs of living anywhere else. I wish US zoning laws were much friendlier towards tiny homes. Do you do roommates? If so, do you find it easier putting up with other people than living in tiny rural towns?
I don't have roommates. I really can't afford to live out here to be honest. The only reason I'm getting by is because I have control over how much I can earn by how hard I work but that's more difficult if u work for someone that controls how much they can pay u. I don't have roommates but im not opposed to living with someone. I just felt more vulnerable with roommates in the past because I would end up with toxic type people which is sure to make your living conditions a nightmare.

I'd rather pay out the ass than have like many roommates. Maybe one can be ok if they are pretty chill and u share similar preferences. It's definitely not ideal in my opinion although it can be good for extroverts especially. People who really need other people to be around a lot and gain energy from regular social interaction. I feel depleted by too much social engagement lol! I didn't like rural towns because there's less diversity of types of people. It's more conventional types of people. You're goin to stick out more if u aren't like everyone else lol! Conventional is not a bad thing but if for some reason u failed to go the more socially accepted routes as an adult in a small town you're more of an outcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jc40, AnnihilatedAnna, Worthless_nobody and 1 other person
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I don't have roommates. I really can't afford to live out here to be honest. The only reason I'm getting by is because I have control over how much I can earn by how hard I work but that's more difficult if u work for someone that controls how much they can pay u. I don't have roommates but im not opposed to living with someone. I just felt more vulnerable with roommates in the past because I would end up with toxic type people which is sure to make your living conditions a nightmare.

I'd rather pay out the ass than have like many roommates. Maybe one can be ok if they are pretty chill and u share similar preferences. It's definitely not ideal in my opinion although it can be good for extroverts especially. People who really need other people to be around a lot and gain energy from regular social interaction. I feel depleted by too much social engagement lol! I didn't like rural towns because there's less diversity of types of people. It's more conventional types of people. You're goin to stick out more if u aren't like everyone else lol! Conventional is not a bad thing but if for some reason u failed to go the more socially accepted routes as an adult in a small town you're more of an outcast.

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I especially like your assessment of rural small towns--full of "conventional" people. That made me laugh! I'm thinking of the people who work at the Kroger's in my community. Or the staff at Dollar General, where you can get headphones with a working mic that deliver good sound for UNDER $5. Or where you can get a pound of lentils for only 69-cents--for me that's like 3 days of food!! Anyway, I really liked that description: "conventional."

And I couldn't agree more about roommates. Yes, for extraverts it can work. But for us--especially moodies like us--roommates can be a source of torture. Add in how self-centered we've all become and how we don't care about screwing each other over so long as we get ahead and roommates can be downright dangerous. You're also right that people like us stick out a LOT more in rural USA. But whenever I look at the cost of renting in even a low-tier city, I get so angry. Giving all the money you earn over to someone just for an ugly, non-updated, noisy apartment Every. Single. Month... How do you do it?

Anyway--I agree with everything you said.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I especially like your assessment of rural small towns--full of "conventional" people. That made me laugh! I'm thinking of the people who work at the Kroger's in my community. Or the staff at Dollar General, where you can get headphones with a working mic that deliver good sound for UNDER $5. Or where you can get a pound of lentils for only 69-cents--for me that's like 3 days of food!! Anyway, I really liked that description: "conventional."

And I couldn't agree more about roommates. Yes, for extraverts it can work. But for us--especially moodies like us--roommates can be a source of torture. Add in how self-centered we've all become and how we don't care about screwing each other over so long as we get ahead and roommates can be downright dangerous. You're also right that people like us stick out a LOT more in rural USA. But whenever I look at the cost of renting in even a low-tier city, I get so angry. Giving all the money you earn over to someone just for an ugly, non-updated, noisy apartment Every. Single. Month... How do you do it?

Anyway--I agree with everything you said.
Oh Man! You crack me up, love it and agree :) Well, I'm still working out how I can reduce my living costs. I may have to make some sacrifices but I still would rather live here than a rural area. Where there's a will there's a way, I always say lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and AnnihilatedAnna