• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
The doctor's advice never really helped much as per usual but the meds were really good for my mental health.

Didn't know you can control your moodswings and overthinking with drugs but here we are.

Now I feel like I'm in limbo cause I wanna die but I'm not in a hurry. Now I'm back to when I kept worrying about my family's hurt if I die now. Now I'm feel guilty for letting time and opportunities pass. It's like there's a "be normal" button that's only been pushed now.

I feel fake for feeling this way. It's confusing. Anyone here feeling the same? How do you deal with it?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: H25pital Order, haibane, Hotsackage and 4 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
It's the drugs they create that illusion
Source I've been on SSRI

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hotsackage, Hollowman, MindFrog and 1 other person
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Suicidal ideation is a symptom of mental disorders.

If your symptoms, particularly suicidal thoughts, are less intense, you are improving.

This is incredible! Consider yourself fortunate.

• Hugs
Reactions: H25pital Order and MindFrog
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023

If your symptoms, particularly suicidal thoughts, are less intense, you are improving.

This is incredible! Consider yourself fortunate.
That's a lie
Well for most cases anyway, it's a sane reaction to an insane reality that's ruthless and brutal for no reason

• Love
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, jbear824, these_days9 and 3 others
Freimann

Freimann

Dec 23, 2023
Your brain is pure chemistry. Put in a bit too much of this, you get too anxious. Put in a bit too much of this, you get too angry. As Oddetoad has said, it's the drugs.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
That's a lie
Well for most cases anyway, it's a sane reaction to an insane reality that's ruthless and brutal for no reason

I am revising my previous comment in light of your edit.

Mental illness is not curable, although it can be managed with treatment and adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Treatment is more effective if the source of your suffering is removed, such as abusive relationships or toxic employment, or if your income increases so that you can pay your bills.

Your mental health will deteriorate if you return to the stressful life that caused your symptoms to exacerbate!

Most people who commit suicide lack a network of supporters and regard death as the only option to end their suffering.

It's the drugs they create that illusion
Source I've been on SSRI

Did you write this? It supports my statement.

While at the hospital, we follow a strict schedule, but when we're back home, chaos reigns.

Eating daily, getting enough sleep, taking all of your medications as prescribed, and avoiding stressā€”reducing burnoutā€”are all good for your mental health.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

To begin with- sorry- this is a venting response and I don't mean to be having a go at you directly @Little_Suzy . It's more the idea that all ideation is the result of mental illness... Sorry for derailing OP but I have responded to your post at the end...

I'm not convinced my brain is functioning so very differently to the average, normie brain. I still enjoy things. I still find things sad. I find life is geared up so that we have to do too many not so good things to gain the few good things. That doesn't feel unreasonably crazy to say. Why should any of us feel happy about that? Why should any of us want to participate in that?

I'm just super curious really. Some ideation is triggered by an event. Mine was initially triggered by mourning the deaths of 3 close family members and being around a (suspected) narcissist when I was 10. Would you say that original reaction was mental illness? Or- a reasonable response? Is it considered 'illness' because the reaction is so strong or, because it persists?

I'd have to say the likelihood that I showed many other symptoms in line with depression or other mental illness at that time or now in fact- is unlikely. I was and still am functioning pretty ok. The only time(s) I would say I struggled with depression were when I did a wage slave job and the 2nd year of my 2nd degree. I've always had ideation though. Even when things were relatively better.

Someone posted the other day too of a homeless man being granted MAID in Canada even though he claimed he didn't want to die! Not only do I find that deeply troubling but that has to prove that people will not only think about it- they will go ahead with it if their personal circumstances push them into it. He was accepting death because the alternative looked worse. That's rational. Awful but rational.

I just think this capitalist world makes it so hard for people. It can be hard to maintain balance too when you need to earn money but you aren't being paid enough! That leads to overwork which leads to burnout which leads to unemployment which leads to stress because then- no money is coming in! Unless you qualify for benefits- not everyone does. I think feeling suicidal is equally about this modern era's lifestyle as it is about mental health.

An extreme example but- say someone being mistreated in a prisoner of war camp kills themself. Did they kill themselves because of poor mental health? Surely not. Why should they be expected to cope under those conditions? Of course- it depends entirely on why someone has developed 'mental illness'. If it comes out the blue for no reason- then maybe it truly is a disorder and hopefully, it will pass or be able to be treated.

If your depression is situational and you can't meaningfully change your life though, you end up having to change your minds reaction to it by going on antidepressants that flatten everything out and turn you into a zombie in order to cope. 1 in 3 people at my friend's wage slave workplace is on antidepressants! Personally- I find that horrific. I don't believe all those people are mentally ill. Or at least- if they are- it's becoming a pretty standard reaction to the lives we are getting stuck with!

Maybe it is all mental illness but so much of it is situational I imagine and seeing as many of us find it hard to change our situations- we are stuck with it and popping pills to cope.

Sorry- I didn't mean to have a go at you. It's more my bugbear with people labelling all ideation 'mental illness'. I find it a cop out. To me- it insinuates that anyone who can't cope with their ridiculously unfair life is 'ill'. More than that- anyone who isn't prepared to accept the ridiculously unfair rules is 'ill'. We don't live normal lives. It's unreasonable to put rats into an unsolvable maze and then say they are too stupid to work it out!

Sorry for derailing the thread OP! I'm glad you're feeling easier in some ways in your mind. Such a cliche but I guess all you can do is take it day by day. If things continue to feel a little more positive and you're not sure if you want to CTB, maybe take baby step towards making things better. Don't feel bad about missed opportunities though. Harsh to say but- that time's gone. Forgive yourself though- you weren't in the right frame of mind to do those things. They could have even ended up making things worse actually. We can only make decisions in the present according to what we feel able to cope with- that's what I tell myself. Moving forward though- who knows for now? Just see how it goes and be kind to yourself I reckon. CTB is always a decission we can make at a later date too- so long as we are still able to do it, so, it's not like you even need to make a decision now.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog and Deleted member 82921
MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
Sorry for derailing the thread OP! I'm glad you're feeling easier in some ways in your mind. Such a cliche but I guess all you can do is take it day by day. If things continue to feel a little more positive and you're not sure if you want to CTB, maybe take baby step towards making things better. Don't feel bad about missed opportunities though. Harsh to say but- that time's gone. Forgive yourself though- you weren't in the right frame of mind to do those things.
Thank you for your kind words. Yeah it's stressful to think I have to start over but at least I'm finally willing it a try at least. It's a first in many years. Hoping you're in good place too.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thank you for your kind words. Yeah it's stressful to think I have to start over but at least I'm finally willing it a try at least. It's a first in many years. Hoping you're in good place too.

Honestly, I think that's the most important thing- a willingness to try but I get it that it's scary too because it also looks out onto hard work with the possibility of failure. I feel most likely it will be a case of highs and lows though. I guess contentment in life is mostly about weathering both. Not something I'm fabulous at!

As for me. I just feel weird- which is my normal really. I still feel like I want to CTB but for me- it's a matter of when because I want to wait for my Dad to go first and have no way of predicting it. Honestly- everything immediately in front of me, I detest with a passion! I need to tidy and clean, do my tax return and look for a job. (Which I'll likely not get or hate!) So- I'm just putting it all off- as usual.

Where I'm similar to you is a slight shift from last year. Christmas time tends to be a time long lost friends get in touch. Last year, I hated the experience but this year, it's proving to be kind of nice. So- I don't really understand what that means either! Lol. It isn't exactly ideal either. If I do CTB one day, I think it would be kinder to them if I were as estranged as possible- if that makes sense?

But yeah- I think being hyper aware of our mental state is a peculiarity of suicidal people. I think the majority of people just live life and experience thoughts and emotions. Not spend so much time annalysing what they are feeling. I doubt it does us many favours! I wish you well though. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
To begin with- sorry- this is a venting response and I don't mean to be having a go at you directly @Little_Suzy . It's more the idea that all ideation is the result of mental illness... Sorry for derailing OP but I have responded to your post at the end...

I'm not convinced my brain is functioning so very differently to the average, normie brain. I still enjoy things. I still find things sad. I find life is geared up so that we have to do too many not so good things to gain the few good things. That doesn't feel unreasonably crazy to say. Why should any of us feel happy about that? Why should any of us want to participate in that?

I'm just super curious really. Some ideation is triggered by an event. Mine was initially triggered by mourning the deaths of 3 close family members and being around a (suspected) narcissist when I was 10. Would you say that original reaction was mental illness? Or- a reasonable response? Is it considered 'illness' because the reaction is so strong or, because it persists?

I'd have to say the likelihood that I showed many other symptoms in line with depression or other mental illness at that time or now in fact- is unlikely. I was and still am functioning pretty ok. The only time(s) I would say I struggled with depression were when I did a wage slave job and the 2nd year of my 2nd degree. I've always had ideation though. Even when things were relatively better.

Someone posted the other day too of a homeless man being granted MAID in Canada even though he claimed he didn't want to die! Not only do I find that deeply troubling but that has to prove that people will not only think about it- they will go ahead with it if their personal circumstances push them into it. He was accepting death because the alternative looked worse. That's rational. Awful but rational.

I just think this capitalist world makes it so hard for people. It can be hard to maintain balance too when you need to earn money but you aren't being paid enough! That leads to overwork which leads to burnout which leads to unemployment which leads to stress because then- no money is coming in! Unless you qualify for benefits- not everyone does. I think feeling suicidal is equally about this modern era's lifestyle as it is about mental health.

An extreme example but- say someone being mistreated in a prisoner of war camp kills themself. Did they kill themselves because of poor mental health? Surely not. Why should they be expected to cope under those conditions? Of course- it depends entirely on why someone has developed 'mental illness'. If it comes out the blue for no reason- then maybe it truly is a disorder and hopefully, it will pass or be able to be treated.

If your depression is situational and you can't meaningfully change your life though, you end up having to change your minds reaction to it by going on antidepressants that flatten everything out and turn you into a zombie in order to cope. 1 in 3 people at my friend's wage slave workplace is on antidepressants! Personally- I find that horrific. I don't believe all those people are mentally ill. Or at least- if they are- it's becoming a pretty standard reaction to the lives we are getting stuck with!

Maybe it is all mental illness but so much of it is situational I imagine and seeing as many of us find it hard to change our situations- we are stuck with it and popping pills to cope.

Sorry- I didn't mean to have a go at you. It's more my bugbear with people labelling all ideation 'mental illness'. I find it a cop out. To me- it insinuates that anyone who can't cope with their ridiculously unfair life is 'ill'. More than that- anyone who isn't prepared to accept the ridiculously unfair rules is 'ill'. We don't live normal lives. It's unreasonable to put rats into an unsolvable maze and then say they are too stupid to work it out!

Sorry for derailing the thread OP! I'm glad you're feeling easier in some ways in your mind. Such a cliche but I guess all you can do is take it day by day. If things continue to feel a little more positive and you're not sure if you want to CTB, maybe take baby step towards making things better. Don't feel bad about missed opportunities though. Harsh to say but- that time's gone. Forgive yourself though- you weren't in the right frame of mind to do those things. They could have even ended up making things worse actually. We can only make decisions in the present according to what we feel able to cope with- that's what I tell myself. Moving forward though- who knows for now? Just see how it goes and be kind to yourself I reckon. CTB is always a decission we can make at a later date too- so long as we are still able to do it, so, it's not like you even need to make a decision now.

Here's a fast read that supports my point of view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidal_ideation

If you felt you were derailing, you could have created a new thread and tagged me. Nonetheless, I appreciate your candor, as well as the fact that we are discussing suicide in the "Suicide Discussion" section. šŸ„³

Obviously, my post was not a thorough account and is related to mental illness because the OP is feeling better after leaving the psych institution. I don't think I ever dismissed much of what you wrote, so I agree with a lot of it. Read my thread history.

I realize good-bye threads and membership length frustrate some. If someone changes their CTB perspective while on this forum, I won't invalidate them.

SaSu, a CTB Support Group, does not exclusively consist of good-bye threads and death doom, nor does it coerce its members into CTB.

Given that the majority of us are undergoing treatment, it is inevitable that our moods may change.

I believe a large chunk of your rant stemmed from a topic I never address because my experience differs greatly from others on here. You're referring to "survival of the fittest," and I am a hard-core boot-strapper who values capitalism, imperialism, and democracy, which is appropriate given that I am an American. If you don't like your country's system, leave. Who is pushing you to work for "slave" wages and endure capitalism?

Many members are young people and Europeans, so keep in mind that I am enjoying the fruit of your tyranny.

The British built America to be anti-European on stolen land and REAL slave labor for 400+ years!

I'm not interested in whiny white boys moaning about capitalism and work ethics now that their beloved slave plantations have been abolished.
Work b!tch, master days no'more! Ok!

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog and Forever Sleep
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Oppertunities will come back most likely. There will be more unless in the past you screwed up massively. Which I don't know if that's the case.

As for living or dying, you can write your reasons to live down, then your reasons to die while you are under the effects of ur drugs. Then repeat the process after you're not drugged anymore. Then compare your reasons.

PS. Didn't know drugs treat overthinking, is it because it's semi related to anxiety,

Reactions: H25pital Order
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
If you want to improve on your mood, I would reccomend light to moderate exercise, walking is good.

• Love
I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
It's like there's a "be normal" button that's only been pushed now.
After some time taking some medication and the withdrawn, a "neurodivergent" part of me died. I now see the world now through a "normal" mind.

• Love
MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
But yeah- I think being hyper aware of our mental state is a peculiarity of suicidal people. I think the majority of people just live life and experience thoughts and emotions. Not spend so much time annalysing what they are feeling. I doubt it does us many favours! I wish you well though. I hope things continue to improve for you.
Over thinking is bitch ain't it? You spend too much time thinking that you stopped actually living life. But I still can't wrapped my head around those who just "wing" it and still succeed.

If I do that, I'll end up failing it's unfair. It's hard to keep up with them normies.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
MindFrog

MindFrog

Nov 19, 2020
PS. Didn't know drugs treat overthinking, is it because it's semi related to anxiety
I think its connected since I'm taking a anti psychotic drug paired with anti anxiety meds.

I notice my brain moves slower with it but I dont overthink much anymore.