S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Well longstory short the hotel room didn't work out. I took a ride from my aunt to the hotel room. my mom doesn't like her which don't really have anything to do with me. It was bad she just went crazy about that and pretty much wished death on everyone she don't like and cursed me out till I just had enough and left now I'm outside . Shit it's crazy bc even tho I'm homeless with 22$to my name I just don't care anymore fuck it I've tried my best maybe this is the way I go I'm at peace with it. There's no point of this rant but aye it's probably the last one I do

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, Arrow, Sleepdrifter and 18 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
It must be very difficult for you. I am sorry to hear you are going through this. No one deserves this, we should all have a place where we can feel safe from the danger and pain of this world. I hope you can find an answer within yourself.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, not-2-b-the-answer, _smile_ and 4 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
If you have living parents normally it's illegal for them not to provide food and shelter for you. Can you see a social worker and a court lawyer maybe to help with your situation ?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, houseofleaves, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
If you have living parents normally it's illegal for them not to provide food and shelter for you. Can you see a social worker and a court lawyer maybe to help with your situation ?
I mean I'm 21 so probably wouldn't hold up . Appreciate u trying to help I'll figure something out if I want it bad enough rn Idk

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I mean I'm 21 so probably wouldn't hold up . Appreciate u trying to help I'll figure something out if I want it bad enough rn Idk
It 100% does. There's no age limit. I know where I live at least it definitely applies, I had to threaten my non family with legal action so I wouldn't end up homeless when I was like 23 I believe and it worked.

People can't just go around making children then letting them die on the streets when they reach adulthood. That doesn't hold up.

Reactions: waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that it has come to this point for you. It is such a cruel and unfair life and to me it is sad how people are in situations like this. I hope that there is a way for you to find relief from your suffering.

Reactions: waitingforrest and not-2-b-the-answer
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I'm sorry the hotel didn't work out. Having toxic parents is the absolute worse especially when they use you as pawns. Is the area you live in unsafe? Will you be safe on the street?

Reactions: waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer and houseofleaves
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
In what country?

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer, Grey-zoner and 1 other person
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
I'm sorry the hotel didn't work out. Having toxic parents is the absolute worse especially when they use you as pawns. Is the area you live in unsafe? Will you be safe on the street?
Im safe my sister texted me after she calmed down telling me she wanted me to come back so after a night outside I just went back but I was safe noons really bothered me .
I'm gd now I appreciate all the support everyone Imma just try to get my life together so I don't have to keep going through this everytime my mom has a bad day .

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, houseofleaves, waitingforrest and 6 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
People can't just go around making children then letting them die on the streets when they reach adulthood. That doesn't hold up.
Actually, in the vast majority of the world, you're on your own when you turn 18. However, in most countries, you would have to legally evict your children, which could take a couple months. But as far as food, money, transportation, definitely not required or mandated.

In France, I could definitely see parents lying to police saying you threatened them, or were trying to kill yourself to get an unwanted child out of their house.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: houseofleaves, waitingforrest and not-2-b-the-answer
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
Actually, in the vast majority of the world, you're on your own when you turn 18. However, in most countries, you would have to legally evict your children, which could take a couple months. But as far as food, money, transportation, definitely not required or mandated.

In France, I could definitely see parents lying to police saying you threatened them, or were trying to kill yourself to get an unwanted child out of their house.
America is actually a bit of an outlier with this. In most countries, unmarried children (both men and women) will often live with their parents--multigenerational households are more the norm. The rates in the US have increased a lot over the past 20 years, but compared to many parts of Europe (but not, say the UK, Germany, or Scandinavia), Asia, Africa, Latin America it's still lower. Independence costs a lot of money and resources, and the economic/housing situation in most developing countries is horrendous. Even somewhere like Japan, for that matter. Part of the fact that the US has the worst homeless rates in the developed world is that a lot of parents have the old-school, 50s mentality, though it seems to be decreasing, judging by the number of NEETs posting here.
You're right though--I'm not aware of there being any legal mandate anywhere to support your children past adulthood (whether it's 16, 18, or 19). Some adult children can and have sued their parents over issues relating to this, but I'm not sure if that's evidence of a requirement. Perhaps Xion can fill us in with regard to France.
I've thought before that in a responsible society they would prep individuals for something like homelessness or destitution, but that's a level of compassion and foresight I wouldn't expect global society capable of handling. Most people aren't even raised to cook a meal, much less deal with the streets.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
Im safe my sister texted me after she calmed down telling me she wanted me to come back so after a night outside I just went back but I was safe noons really bothered me .
I'm gd now I appreciate all the support everyone Imma just try to get my life together so I don't have to keep going through this everytime my mom has a bad day .
So glad you're safe 💜 I'm sorry you had to experience that. People suck.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, Rogue Proxy, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020

It depends on who you ask I'd say. There are laws, not to mention common sense and societal viability (to an extent, it's far from perfec). In any legal argument the other party is likely to lie, that's why lawyers exist. I do have a background of child abuse and going to a court psychiatrist expert would make proving the resulting C-PTSD fairly easy, that's what I threatened them with. I'm not saying it's easy or that justice always wins, but it's worth trying every possibility. It's just not acceptable to say "now you're an adult so you're on your own", all the more if you end up disabled, even if that sad reality exists.

Reactions: Slimetae
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
It depends on who you ask I'd say. There are laws, not to mention common sense and societal viability (to an extent, it's far from perfec). In any legal argument the other party is likely to lie, that's why lawyers exist. I do have a background of child abuse and going to a court psychiatrist expert would make proving the resulting C-PTSD fairly easy, that's what I threatened them with. I'm not saying it's easy or that justice always wins, but it's worth trying every possibility. It's just not acceptable to say "now you're an adult so you're on your own", all the more if you end up disabled, even if that sad reality exists.
I was thinking just taking a kitchen knife and slicing my forearms a couple times. Do this while you're asleep, put a little of the blood on your hands, and the cops will think you attempted to kill your parent. I'm not saying this is right, but there are plenty of ways to frame somebody.

I do recommend being careful. If I can think of this, so can they.

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I was thinking just taking a kitchen knife and slicing my forearms a couple times. Do this while you're asleep, put a little of the blood on your hands, and the cops will think you attempted to kill your parent. I'm not saying this is right, but there are plenty of ways to frame somebody.

I do recommend being careful. If I can think of this, so can they.
Again that's what legal defense is for when cops are too retarded. Circumstancial evidence always includes the possibility of framing. Parental obligations don't just disappear like that.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Again that's what legal defense is for when cops are too retarded. Circumstancial evidence always includes the possibility of framing. Parental obligations don't just disappear like that.
So you could try to kill your parents, and they still make them live with you? What if they just move away to another country with different laws? This seems strange - how can you force one adult to be responsible for another.

Any defensive wounds from a knife attack and blood on an assailant are not circumstantial - they are hard evidence of an attack.

Your call, but your parents want you out. Do you really want to live with people who don't want you there?

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
So you could try to kill your parents, and they still make them live with you? What if they just move away to another country with different laws? This seems strange - how can you force one adult to be responsible for another.

Any defensive wounds from a knife attack and blood on an assailant are not circumstantial - they are hard evidence of an attack.

Your call, but your parents want you out. Do you really want to live with people who don't want you there?
What would be strange would be giving birth and letting your child, adult or not, on the streets. That's called parental responsability. You gotta think before you bring a new life out there, you don't just get away with fucking up a life you're responsible for.

We're talking about real situations, not hypothesis and providing a shelter doesn't mean living with them, it's also paying for an apartment, especially if they don't get along. That was my case.

I won't argue for the sake of it, I have better to do. I'm just talking about real situations, laws and common sense like I already said. Believe what you want to believe, I was just trying to help someone in a difficult situation, period.