W

wren-briar

Jul 1, 2024
This is my first and last post here.

My last two+ years have been hell. The problems started slowly, and while I have no doubt that my supposed mental health "providers" meant well, they only caused my problems to snowball, and along the way, they actively drove me from baseline suicidal ideation (i.e. it was as low as it had ever been in the previous 5 decades) to actively suicidal - and every last bit of it was easily avoidable it they had actually heard what I told them.

I started writing up a summary (it turned into much more) less than 48 hours after the linchpin incident and posted it roughly 64 weeks after the linchpin incident.

Initially, I had only planned to address events and actions that led up to that specific incident, and I was writing it specifically for Veterans Administration (VA) mental health providers and leadership.

In discussing what happened to me with other people over the following months, it quickly became clear that this type of document could be relevant to a range of mental health providers, researchers, and leadership outside of the VA.

Fate also had another series of events in store for me, and these additional events provide a great juxtaposition and useful insights in their own right.

My case provides an amazing counter-point between the way non-mental health providers and mental health providers handled two different conditions, both of which were seen by them, at some point, as purely somatic, despite both conditions ultimately having very real, very medically treatable physiological aspects.

To read more, check out https://wrenbriar.gitlab.io/

• Aww..
Reactions: ashtoreth