• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I'm in Canada and I live with my mom, I got fired from my last job for not catching on quickly enough. Does anybody know if you can go on welfare if you live with your parent ?

Reactions: Severen and Final Escape
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I don't know about Canada laws, but in USA, you can go on welfare while living with someone, but they go by the income of others living in house as well, not just yours.

Reactions: mrwonderful and Final Escape
LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
I'm in Canada and I live with my mom, I got fired from my last job for not catching on quickly enough. Does anybody know if you can go on welfare if you live with your parent ?
If you get a note from your Doctor/psychiatrist in regards to mental illness you can get a disability cheque. You just have to find a income support office in your respective province. Just do a simple search engine search, and your answers will be there!

Reactions: mrwonderful and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I had this same problem. I never got on welfare but probably should have. If you can't qualify for welfare right away u would probably only be able to hold a job on ADD medication or avoid jobs that are too stressful and fast pace. The ADD meds can be dangerous though because they are so addictive and not without side effects. I wish there was other sources of help for people who have learning disability besides put us all on gov assistance lol!

Reactions: mrwonderful and Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I don't know about Canada laws, but in USA, you can go on welfare while living with someone, but they go by the income of others living in house as well, not just yours.
In the USA, there is no real welfare. They only give you X amount of money(like almost nothing, like around $100) for an X amount of time and they make you work for it. If you can't work, then you have to meet all these requirements that were purposely designed to be extremely difficult to meet so a lot of people who need welfare can be disqualified... You can get food stamps for 3 months for free but that is it. Afterwards, you will have to work for it or meet all these requirements that were purposely designed to be extremely difficult to meet for the same reason above. Because the people in power, don't want to spend any tax dollars on helping people. Social workers don't treat people like shit or ignore them for no good reason... It's all a part of a plan to discourage people from trying to get help from the government and make people lose faith in the government. Welfare in the USA is a myth, created by right wingers to trigger people. If you are disabled, you can get free money for life(called SSI) but they make it so difficult to be officially seen as someone who is disabled so most likely, you wont be seeing any of that money even if you are literally too mentally and/or physically crippled to work the kind of jobs that are available. And even if you are able to be officially recognized as a disabled person according to their insane requirements, a judge could just tell you to fuck off anyway or make up some BS excuse like, "Well you can still work a desk job so fuck off." For the few lucky ones who are able to get SSI, it takes them years and years and that's with the help of a good lawyer. Most of this stuff is really there just to trick Americans into thinking there are safety nets when there really aren't any safety nets... You are pretty much on your own. Battle Royale style unless you are fortunate enough to have loving family and friends. There is a reason a lot of people CTB after losing their job... Because they know, the only thing that awaits them is dying slowly on the streets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faraway1990, dhk96 and Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I had this same problem. I never got on welfare but probably should have. If you can't qualify for welfare right away u would probably only be able to hold a job on ADD medication or avoid jobs that are too stressful and fast pace. The ADD meds can be dangerous though because they are so addictive and not without side effects. I wish there was other sources of help for people who have learning disability besides put us all on gov assistance lol!

I'd forget about welfare in your shoes, especially if you live in a red state. :( Most women in your shoes looking for welfare, look for a husband even if they don't want a husband. There are tons of women out there, married to men they can't fucking stand, for a good reason... It's why during most of human history, fathers would force their daughters to marry a man of their choosing. Not to be evil heartless control freaks but to ensure their daughters don't end up on the streets one day. Because welfare is a concept that has only appeared a few times in human history. Not really something most rulers, think about when it comes to their subjects. If I was stuck with a daughter due to being unlucky in the past after having unprotected sex. She would probably see me as a backwards heartless tyrant living in the ancient times. Maybe a psychopath too for beating the shit out of all the attractive men interested in her who will ruin her life... But she'd never ever have to worry about being homeless, hungry and victimized even when she is an old fat bitter hag, no man is interested in... And would be spared from a lot of horrible memories and mental illnesses. And she would be happy most of her life. And she would never have to work a shitty job.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrwonderful
mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I will look into that thank you
If you get a note from your Doctor/psychiatrist in regards to mental illness you can get a disability cheque. You just have to find a income support office in your respective province. Just do a simple search engine search, and your answers will be there!
I am diagnosed as bipolar from my psychiatrist and agoraphobic from my family doctors. I believe I might be schizophrenic too because I always see little balls of light in my vision and sometimes I swear I see things that flash at the corner of my eyes that aren't there. I could try to get a cheque but in my province they only like to approve people for disability if you are physically disabled

Last edited:
Reactions: Severen
mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I feel pretty useless some days, just lay around the house and not being able to go outside because I fear social interaction.. I dont know about ADD meds they might give me too much anxiety lol. I am currently looking at a Dairy Queen job in my town so we will see how that goes, but if I do get the job I will see if I can ask my doctor for adderall because fast food requires a lot of mental stamina :p
You could also try looking into EI. Even if you were fired, unless it was for misconduct, there is potential that you will be approved.
My EI contributions were very minimal co sidering I only worked at that job for one month.

LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
I will look into that thank you

I am diagnosed as bipolar from my psychiatrist and agoraphobic from my family doctors. I believe I might be schizophrenic too because I always see little balls of light in my vision and sometimes I swear I see things that flash at the corner of my eyes that aren't there. I could try to get a cheque but in my province they only like to approve people for disability if you are physically disabled
I am sorry you suffer through all that. hugs

Reactions: mrwonderful
mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I am sorry you suffer through all that. hugs
I'm getting used to being an outcast, I dont expect to live very long, I am mostly waiting for my mom to die so she doesn't have to see me dead..

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeIsNotFun and SinisterKid