• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
After about a month or so in development, we are ready to release 2 new themes along with a few nice features to go along with it. I will go into detail about the changes we have made. Please note that many of these features are untested or unavailable on other themes so they may or may not work. The new light theme will replace the current default theme that we have right now. I will showcase the new features below:
  • New Logo & Favicon
  • Quick Jump
  • Hide Suicide Discussion & Hide Recovery Forum Options
  • Hide Images
  • Light/Dark Mode Toggle
  • New Sidebar Icons and Style

New Logo & Favicon

CpPlBdD6EQ

We now have a new logo and favicon that better matches the theme of the forum. Initially, the look I was going for was more of a diary, but it ended up turning out much better than expected. I hope that everyone enjoys the new logo and favicon.

Quick Jump

BcYBLCTvsp

Although not requested, this has been a feature that has been in other forum software. It can be used to jump to different forums in one click instead of having to go to the front page every time. It will make navigation much easier in general. This feature is available for all members and guests. If you hide forums in your preferences, they will also be hidden in this Quick Jump menu. The menu will also tell you which subforum you are in.

Hide Suicide Discussion & Hide Recovery Forum Options

9msJs4WJlV
BoqqDXdHAw

A much-requested feature has just arrived! You are now able to hide either the Recovery or Suicide Discussion section of the forum. You are able to do this from the left side menu of Settings > Preferences. If you try accessing the forum or any of the threads in that forum. You will be met with a screen telling you that you're hiding the subforum and it will also tell you how to disable the hiding of the forum. This may come in handy if you're trying to recover and you don't want to see any Suicide Discussion threads or the subforum. This also may come in handy if you just want to take a break from both forums and only use the OffTopic, for example.

Light/Dark Toggle

FHkMmbyFIz

Last, but certainly, not least is the Light/Dark toggle switch on the left sidebar. This will allow you to quickly change between the two styles quickly. The forum software will also be able to detect if you're using light or dark on your OS and it will adjust the forum theme accordingly to match.

This is all for the major changes. Let us know if you like the changes, and if you don't as well. Please report any bugs that you find with these new features. These features have not been tested with the older themes, so they may not work.

Thank you,
Marquis

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I tried to hide the Recovery Forum, but it's still visible on the main forum page.

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
Thanks mods n developers...
How did u get to decide (which "method", geddit?!) on the final decision for the typography?!
Change is good.
Navigation for the suicidally lost and confused, even better!

FredTheCripple

FredTheCripple

Mar 21, 2018
The new theme looks nice and all, but I sort-of wish the logo wasn't integrated into the navigation bar. In my opinion, the 2019 theme got it right by keeping the logo separate from the nav bar. I'll continue to stick with the 2019 theme for now.

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Hello i have a question regarding the new themes specifically the 2022 dark them - on the older dark themes it shows staff online but on the new one it dont show.. is that an error or what ? Also can you please please please bring back the 2019 dark theme please and the theme with the SS logo as a car truck logo please ? Regardless in general looks fine..

Thankyou and have a nice day/night
From ,Simba

Reactions: Fimbulvetr
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
I am honestly more of a fan on the 2020 Dark look but I appreciate the effort behind the new look. Is like we get a new one every year.

Best of luck!

H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
I am honestly more of a fan on the 2020 Dark look but I appreciate the effort behind the new look. Is like we get a new one every year.

Best of luck!
I'm also more a fan of the 2020 Dark mode., mostly because of the more compact front page. It also appears to be faster in loading pages compared to the newer layouts.

For me, this style doesn't even need to get active updates like the other styles, but it would be amazing to keep it supported as well.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
finally tried the new theme after hours where I kept forgetting to do it. It looks nice but kinda complicated so I'll just stick with the dark 2020 one for now.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I'm sorry but, anyone else who uses dark theme 2020 and it looks really gory? everything is out of place, switched to 2022 theme and everything looks fine now. It's frustrating :(:(:(:(.

Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I really like this new theme. The search function works in it which is great.

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Hey whyd you take off the 2020 dark theme and light theme ? Can you please bring them back i everythings bit different now plus theres no "Staff Online" part too ,dont get me wrong the new dark theme is oks but can you please bring back the one i was using up until your maintenance today ? :(

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
What happened to the dark mode 2020? Could you please atleast bring that back? I need the entire background almost dark for my eye problems. Sorry to sound ungrateful sir.

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Um excuse me where is my pink theme gone?!:angry:

Jk, site looks great, thanks for all the hard work you all put in to running this place

Reactions: mightypabster
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I like the new look, honestly it's much better than every previous one.

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Now we have a theme under the name of "Mere". Is that like a mode that disguises the website as a completely different thing?

Edit: nvm, is gone. I guess we are on a work in progress state. Keep it on Marquis! you got this.

Reactions: itstoolateforme
halfwaydown

halfwaydown

illbeinthegarage
Nov 6, 2021
we all know the real mvp is SS 2019. give that a dark theme and i will be a very happy suicidal person xD

Reactions: callme and Simba