Okokaykay

Okokaykay

May 10, 2023
Now that I'm in uni I have no choice but to be around people daily- Hearing other people that are my age talk so happily and arrange regular meet-ups is such an odd feeling. They're able to talk about things theyre excited for, go out, get wasted and come back smiling the next day-
I feel jealous. I feel like such a terrible person because I'm jealous, too.
When I do get invited out, I'm quick to turn it down because I hardly feel like I fit in and like I can handle the pace of everything- I'm so negative and anxious in comparison to others.

Im surrounded by people but feel more lonely and out of place than ever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, godsseepiestsoldier, Sannti and 3 others
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
When I do get invited out, I'm quick to turn it down because I hardly feel like I fit in and like I can handle the pace of everything- I'm so negative and anxious in comparison to others.

Maybe you are not delusional enough to engage with them.

Reactions: Blue Elephant
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Now that I'm in uni I have no choice but to be around people daily- Hearing other people that are my age talk so happily and arrange regular meet-ups is such an odd feeling. They're able to talk about things theyre excited for, go out, get wasted and come back smiling the next day-
I feel jealous. I feel like such a terrible person because I'm jealous, too.

Engage at your own will and pace, or don't. There are no rules.

G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Yeah no i feel that and at uni theyre are so many people with intrests ive always been bullied for yet i still have trouble connecting with them.

Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Just accept if you're invited. Either you'll have some new friends, or you will find out what kind of people you don't like hanging out with, in which case you can just not hang out with others when you're invited.
If people are inviting you, then that means they want to get to know you or they find you interesting.
Don't expect anything to change if you don't try.
Best of luck

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I sympathise. That was me both at uni and now.