gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
Didn't really know where to post this. I'm still going to CTB, but this 20 lb weighted blanket sure feels good when I'm wrapped up in it. It's the little things in life. I've been on a sort of buying spree lately, treating myself to things I normally wouldn't consider. If you're going to CTB, treat yourself to some nice shit before you go. You deserve it.

• Love
Reactions: josainsplorgat, disabledandhopeless, Soul and 3 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Ain't that the truth. And it's cool that you've found some comfort in a weighted blanket. Deep pressure therapy is absolutely a thing.

Reactions: josainsplorgat and XYZ
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've wanted one of those for ages, heard they're super good. Hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: josainsplorgat and XYZ
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Didn't really know where to post this. I'm still going to CTB, but this 20 lb weighted blanket sure feels good when I'm wrapped up in it. It's the little things in life. I've been on a sort of buying spree lately, treating myself to things I normally wouldn't consider. If you're going to CTB, treat yourself to some nice shit before you go. You deserve it.
My weighted blanket literally just arrived today, I'm stoked to have it, wish I could be 100% happy but suicide and depression always lingers in my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I love mine! At first I bought it for the -35oC winters here - it kept me really warm. But now I sleep under it in summer when it's not too hot at night. I didn't think I would, but the weight is comforting and I do feel more secure under it than a normal blanket. So does my teddy bear :ohhhh::happy:

• Love
Reactions: Soul, XYZ and Doormat
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I wondered if those blankets actually worked.

Reactions: XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
@gus.nixon
I'm considering buying one as well. Are they hot? Or are they more or less like a regular blanket? I suffer from heat intolerance, I usually sleep with a very thin, light blanket. Would you recommend it to someone like me? Thx!
I love mine! At first I bought it for the -35oC winters here - it kept me really warm. But now I sleep under it in summer when it's not too hot at night. I didn't think I would, but the weight is comforting and I do feel more secure under it than a normal blanket. So does my teddy bear :ohhhh::happy:

Glad to read your review. Thx.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I tried one once before (though I didn't fully sleep with it) but it felt so nice. If I had fallen asleep with it I imagine it would have felt pretty nice.

Too bad it's really hot right now where I'm from even at night. It was very comfortable but also really warm so take that into consideration.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
@gus.nixon
I'm considering buying one as well. Are they hot? Or are they more or less like a regular blanket? I suffer from heat intolerance, I usually sleep with a very thin, light blanket. Would you recommend it to someone like me? Thx!

Glad to read your review. Thx.
Idk in what climate you live in but those blankets are usually made from polyester (the outside of the blanket) so it can get quite warm but if the temperature is 26°C or below it's fine

gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
Most weighted blankets use plastic or glass beads to weigh the blanket down. The one I bought doesn't have any beads. It's just woven cotton. The label says 95% cotton and 5% spandex. Last night was a fairly hot night and I woke up this morning with the blanket on the floor. My method to CTB is SN or N if I can find the N, but most likely SN. I plan on fading away wrapped up in this blanket. Here's a picture I just took so you can see how it's made...

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_114516.jpg
    IMG_20200820_114516.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: XYZ and IrRegularjoe