Snowstorm

Snowstorm

Can you see me?
Oct 23, 2023
I feel I am responsible with how I get high, but sometimes I have an urge to get high while I'm feeling bad. Highs for me typically result in more intense emotions so.. I'm unsure how I'd handle delving into traumatic thoughts/emotional baggage while not sober. Is there anything positive to gain from getting high while sad about things? Maybe it could help process them better but I truely don't have anyone else that is into weed like me to talk to (and I am not at all a huge stoner, just take an edible once in a blue moon.)

I just want to know why I have this craving to see if it will mess me up, or if it would actually be a positive and I just don't know enough or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
My experience from you may be different because I am a daily smoker, but depending on your environment and dosage it could be insightful. I'v been high for just about every emotion and imo it does help us delve deeper in our minds and have thoughts we may have otherwise not had. But again I'm pretty experienced, have not had a bad high or greened out in years and can control my mood during my high pretty well. If you are afraid you might slip too deep into those emotions I recommend having a positive and relaxing form of media ready. Be that a tv show youtube video song whatever. Also try to document what you feel, write it down or voice record your thoughts and go back to them later with a sober mind.

Also unless you are very familiar with your edible dosage and how it effects you, I would recommend a different form of getting high so you have a little more control over the situation. I'd recommend a very small bowl hit and wait 5-7 minutes, see how you feel then decide if more is right.

• Love
Reactions: Snowstorm
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
We all just believe what we want or what were told conditioned too. We also take on the personality characteristics of the few people closest to us. Which in my case no wonder I'm messed up and I would be wrong to give weed a bad name. Yes it makes some of us more sensitive.

Reactions: Snowstorm
Bleedingheartbeat

Bleedingheartbeat

One day at a time šŸŒ»
May 12, 2023
I feel I am responsible with how I get high, but sometimes I have an urge to get high while I'm feeling bad. Highs for me typically result in more intense emotions so.. I'm unsure how I'd handle delving into traumatic thoughts/emotional baggage while not sober. Is there anything positive to gain from getting high while sad about things? Maybe it could help process them better but I truely don't have anyone else that is into weed like me to talk to (and I am not at all a huge stoner, just take an edible once in a blue moon.)

I just want to know why I have this craving to see if it will mess me up, or if it would actually be a positive and I just don't know enough or something.
I feel that I can speak on this because I actually decided to use weed consistently. For the first couple months it was great because I was setting intention with each high. In a lot of ways it helped me tbh. But then I'd start doing it habitually because being high made everything more fun and bearable. And then everytime I got sober I'd think about the next time I'd get high and it was a cycle for months. I was still able to get things done but now I was dependent on this substance to get me through my days. And since I got comfortable getting high all the time , I was less motivated to do something with my life because being high gave me the false perception of "everything is fine the way it is" even when it wasn't. I wouldn't feel inclined to make any positive changes in my life because being high made me comfortable with being stuck where I am. With intention, weed is an brilliant teacher. But carelessly using it can do more harm to you than good. But at the end of the day it depends on who you are. You know yourself better than anyone. So it's really up to you. There is no wrong choice because at the end of the day life is about lessonsā¤ļø

• Love
Reactions: Spike Spiegel and Snowstorm