darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Weekends. They're so overrated aren't they?
I hate being with my 'family' and can't wait til
they're over with.

They're the epitome of the dumb 9-5 culture. Dickheads swigging beer, cramming their lives into two days.

I've never liked them, always chosen to do jobs where I worked them. Anyone else?

• Hugs
Reactions: lain_pilled and girlsboysthems
S

samsara_96

Sep 27, 2022
I just hate what modern society did to time in general. I never thought that there was an objective time anyway. Causality, the maker of time, is valid for our reality and that is how we analyze our experiences. So, I always thought that instead of an objective past, present and future; there are known effects, causes, and possible/unknown effects. Once a cause is matched with an effect, we call it past; if the effect is not revealed yet, it is called the present; and the set of possible effects is called the future. There is no way that different conscious beings will feel time the same way and it will also vary according to different casual relationships. Hence, time cannot pass by itself and it needs a consciousness for whom causality is valid to exist.

So, I do not understand why time had to be measured precisely and then put into units. I do not understand why some of those units are allocated for work, some for leisure, some for cooking and so on. Even if we are going to use units for time, why do we pretend like those units necessiate certain set of actions? How does it make sense that billions of people must wake up at a precise time each and every day as if there are no other options? How does it make sense that your ability to commute to work is hindered if you wake up only a few minutes late? How is it fair that most people cannot decide how they will act between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.? If only people were given back the right to dictate their own time and actions, maybe that would fix things a little.

Reactions: sserafim, darkenmydoorstep and girlsboysthems
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I thinking it all comes down to the economy.
Creating ways of measuring productivity and weekends being 'prize'.

Reactions: sserafim, samsara_96 and R_N
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I just hate what modern society did to time in general. I never thought that there was an objective time anyway. Causality, the maker of time, is valid for our reality and that is how we analyze our experiences. So, I always thought that instead of an objective past, present and future; there are known effects, causes, and possible/unknown effects. Once a cause is matched with an effect, we call it past; if the effect is not revealed yet, it is called the present; and the set of possible effects is called the future. There is no way that different conscious beings will feel time the same way and it will also vary according to different casual relationships. Hence, time cannot pass by itself and it needs a consciousness for whom causality is valid to exist.

So, I do not understand why time had to be measured precisely and then put into units. I do not understand why some of those units are allocated for work, some for leisure, some for cooking and so on. Even if we are going to use units for time, why do we pretend like those units necessiate certain set of actions? How does it make sense that billions of people must wake up at a precise time each and every day as if there are no other options? How does it make sense that your ability to commute to work is hindered if you wake up only a few minutes late? How is it fair that most people cannot decide how they will act between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.? If only people were given back the right to dictate their own time and actions, maybe that would fix things a little.
Literally! This all makes no sense to me. Even daylight savings time, people are just changing the hour that it is. Time is so arbitrary and I don't know why we had to define it so precisely, and why we all must wake up at a certain time and have no freedom or agency over time on our own terms. I hate the fact that most people don't get a choice what to do with our lives from 8-5, we're forced to work in order to live and pay to exist on this planet.

Time only moves forward though, we all have to age and get older, we don't get younger (unfortunately). Even if people and consciousness didn't exist time would only continue into the future, instead of staying still or going backwards. No one can escape the passage of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: samsara_96 and darkenmydoorstep
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Daylight saving is stupid. There's still the same amount of daylight. I wish we'd do away with it. Clocks merely measure time. They're not time itself.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Daylight saving is stupid. There's still the same amount of daylight. I wish we'd do away with it. Clocks merely measure time. They're not time itself.
Yeah literally! I hate how people feel the need to control time

Reactions: Old Friend
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I agree. What a joke that all is.

Reactions: Old Friend and sserafim