M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
During Nordic antiquity, human life was not worth much. Old people who couldn´t support themselves or became a nuisance to their relatives were thrown or jumped volontarily to their deaths down a steep cliff. But it is the other way round in the modern society. Human life is valued very much - the crowd is counted and the police search for missing persons. Murder is illegal and suicide must be prevented. We are living in a world of being forced to live and yet our planet becomes more uninhabitable due to climate change, overpopulation and injustices. People´s broken bodies must be repaired, chronically ill and disabled people must continue to live in meaningless suffering until they die from old age. Not even the homeless, who are in the worst situation in the society, have the right to euthanasia. Nevertheless most people don´t question injusticies or maybe they don´t understand them.

In the 21th century, we have more suicide methods to choose from than our ancestors. There were not many methods to choose from in nature. You have life-threatening things in your home. You can buy deadly aids in the grocery store. Peaceful death is for pets, death row inmates and suicide clinics. Most of the rest of us must accept an agonizing process of death - why would death be easy when life is hard? A reliable method is better than a peaceful method because our goal is to die, not to fail. There are many failures with sodium nitrite, helium and nitrogen, which are complicated methods, difficult to perform on oneself.

Examples of suicide methods which can be done at home:

Allmost all overdoses and underdosages lead to death.
Alcohol poisoning can lead to death.
Electricity can lead to death.
Dehydration has 100 percent mortality.
Starvation has 100 percent mortality.
Too much water or food can kill you.
Knife is a deadly weapon.
Drowning in a bathtub.
Die of heat in a sauna.
Suffocation and carbon dioxide poisoning in a closet.
Suffocation and carbon dioxide poisoning with plastic bag.
Suffocation with duct tape.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired33, Forever Sleep, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Nice list of shit methods.

What's your source of data to say that "There are many failures with helium/nitrogen"?

• Yay!
Reactions: Disaster, asterisk3, Hollowman and 2 others
clueless2dayor2morro

clueless2dayor2morro

Feb 19, 2021
Nice list of shit methods.

What's your source of data to say that "There are many failures with helium/nitrogen"?
i second this, why do you argue that suicide methods should be hard because "life is hard"? most people who are suicidal are suicidal because life and existing is hard and painful, so why would you want your last moments to be painful and hard, like the moments leading up to death are? it doesn't make any sense to me. and honestly, it isn't that we have more methods of suicide, its that we have discovered and now understand better how the human body functions and what ends up killing us.

if anything, we have more peaceful ways of going and we also understand the many, many, oh god so many, list of things that can kill us, that we could potentially use on ourselves if we so choose. some of them, when done right, can lead us to pass on as if we were going to sleep for the last time. some of them, especially when done not efficiently, can make our last moments as excruciating as existence itself. or, as our bodies are built to do, we survive and are forced to live at a significantly lower quality of life, sometimes we don't even get to have a second chance at trying to finish what we started because our bodies are no longer capable of carrying out another attempt.

i hope i brought a little more understanding to you. i get that our ancestors were limited in resources and understanding, which is likely why our ancestors chose apparent choices like jumping off a cliff to kill themselves, for whatever the reasonings were (likely to save themselves and their fellow tribesman from suffering due to being a burden thats siphoning off resources; ie saving other people from having to undergo the process of starvation) to jump off a cliff rather than beg for another human to kill them by bludgeoning them or stabbing them to death.

Reactions: Anzhe
Sasel

Sasel

I'm not here
Jul 1, 2022
We used to have pure Nembutal the past century so nope

Reactions: Anzhe and Venus13
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
They had it a lot easier mostly during the 1900-1980's around there a lot of things were available and weren't investigated much. Now its a lot harder because everything is monitored and controlled by the elite

Reactions: Anzhe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me, it doesn't feel like there are many methods, at least ones that are reliable and accessible, with limited risks and complications involved. If there actually was of course I would be long gone from this hellish world at this point. The unfortunate truth is that this pro suffering society does everything to prolong torment which means that we are denied the more peaceful and reliable ways to exit that should be a human right.

Some of the methods that you mentioned sound so risky and unreliable, like overdoses usually just lead to failure and attempting to die by electrocution can just lead to more damage. Ones like starvation and dehydration sound so difficult to actually follow through with, and they just sound like agonising ways to go.

Suicide really shouldn't be so unnecessarily difficult and it's tragic how it is. There is no justification to making voluntarily dying so purposely hard, we are all just destined to die anyway and a straightforward suicide is what we deserve the option of after so unfairly being forced into this world in the first place, suicide really should be as easy as just wishing to be gone. Because as after all, what is so beneficial about existing, the truth is that there are only disadvantages to something which is so unnecessary, the existence of life is just a terrible consequence of evolution. Only through suicide can one permanently solve all problems and finally take control over an existence that they never asked for.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think- back in the day, death was much more common and much more visible. People simply didn't expect to live into old age because there wasn't the medical knowhow on how to prolong life. Animals were likely raised and slaughtered rather than processed and neatly wrapped in plastic at the supermarket. Maybe this exposure to death made people fear it less- they must at least have acknowledged it was a constant threat. We always seem kind of surprised by it now!

Plus, I suspect their lives were much harder generally. More physical labour, less home comforts and fewer pain remedies when they did get sick. Maybe they were more hardened- so- simply accepted that their departing this world would likely be just as brutal as their lives.

Plus, I wonder if more of our ancestors were more devout to religion. If you enjoy bits of life and believe the best bits await you in an afterlife- perhaps there's less to fear in dying. So many of us are simply unsure now. Some people fear the possible nothingness. Plus- we have certain religions to blame for bringing us concepts like hell- thanks.

We have become so removed from nature really. We kill off any predators that might overwhelm us, we prolong life and I guess the majority of our species try and avoid thinking about death until they absolutely have to.

I agree though- while our lives have become easier in some ways, there is this refusal to accept that some people aren't happy with this life. Still- that makes sense from an economics point of view. Our rulers need us to be part of the system- we either make or provide resources and pay tax- or, we use those resources and pay tax. It makes sense FOR THEM to label us as mentally ill and refuse us peaceful ways to die- in the hopes that we are too afraid to resort to more brutal (and unreliable) methods.

I have to say- I enjoyed your post but disagree with your list of methods that can be done at home. Not to say they never work- but a lot on there are notoriously unreliable from what I've read. Yes- inert gas and SN are harder to aquire- but- SO LONG AS THE PROTOCOL IS FOLLOWED- they do seem to be fairly effective.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
We may have discovered more methods (as the flow of information is more accessible and readily available at our fingertips compared to many of our ancient ancestors), but also as the world modernizes, surveillance and governmental control becomes stricter, tighter, and there are less (once available) methods that come to play. Like back when there were ovens that filled with CO gas and vehicles that emit an large amount of CO gas to CTB, those are almost non-existent in today's age. However, as newer methods are discovered due to the understanding of lethality of certain substances, the pro-lifers (society and government both) look to restrict or otherwise make it difficult to access such subtances to have a peaceful exit.

This pushes the pro-choicers who truly want out to resort to more barbaric means (which some are reliable and others not so much) to check out, sometimes inadvertently affecting people around them (collateral damage).

Reactions: Forever Sleep