paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
All we know is nihilistic pleasure that is more like an over-consumption of leisure as a copig mechanism, but it's a disroder. The best case scenario is meaningless hedonistic pleasure, for less fortunate people it's just recovery, it's not happiness, it's trying to pick up the pieces from an undesirable situation., and most people can't even afford that. This is not a net positive thing.

We're too enslaved by survival obligation that we don't know what healthy pleasure, "joy of living", or god forbid, happiness, look like. For happiness to take place we need freedom first, which is mathematically impossible in our world of material things and brain consciousness. There's just a spectrum of positive emotions we'll never get to feel, either it''s physically possible but we'll never be able to achieve it, or we are physically incapable of feeling it..

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I've had maybe a handful of moments where I have felt free and happy. Literally only that though in 43 years. They wouldn't spread onto two hands! They almost felt frightening in a way. So different from how bogged down my mind usually is. In those moments though, I wondered- is this what the 'normies' get to experience day to day or, at least, more often?

I think some people here have actually lived happier lives before it all went to shit but, I expect you're right for the majority.

sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
doesnt this forum give you joy and happiness

i mean like

youve found a place where you can be yourself

correct me if im wrong