The Divine Comedy

The Divine Comedy

Everything that has a beginning has an end
Oct 19, 2021
For if such a place exists, we are surely already there.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, PrisonBreak, apple2myeye! and 26 others
E

Eternaloblivionplea

May 11, 2022
Death is either change or eternal oblivion (nothing). Eternal oblivion would mean that when your brain dies, your consciousness seizes to exist. I.e. there is no afterlife.
If death is change then there are many possibilities. 1) Something infinitely better (e.g. heaven) 2) Something infinitely worse (e.g. hell) 3) Similar (e.g. rebirth or reincarnation).

• Informative
Reactions: bed_rider, justagreenleaf, QuietLake and 1 other person
L

lostmyacc

Been on and off here for 2 years. Lost my password
Jun 1, 2022

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: The Divine Comedy and Shu
Catloaf

Catloaf

disabled ā€¢ slowly withering away šŸ‚
Aug 14, 2021
After this daily torture Hell will be easy.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Trezzohno, ForeverBlue, The Divine Comedy and 2 others
yabuki77

yabuki77

And then, all that remains is pure white ash.
Apr 29, 2022

Stop listening to this pastor, he is a clown. He thinks all gay people are pedophiles and that they should all be executed by the government.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Trezzohno, lofticries, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
X

xcenteno

Jun 2, 2022
Some bible believers argue that hell is not eternal. And they use quotes to prove it.

• Informative
Reactions: The Divine Comedy
L

lostmyacc

Been on and off here for 2 years. Lost my password
Jun 1, 2022
Stop listening to this pastor, he is a clown. He thinks all gay people are pedophiles and that they should all be executed by the government.
Wasn't aware. Just stumbled upon this video. Do think Pastor Anderson made good points in this particular video, because they say other things i don't agree with doesn't discount everything they say.

My own theory about the matter is romans 8. Nothing can separate us from the love of god.

Reactions: BetweenRadioStations, The Disinherited and TheBroken
yabuki77

yabuki77

And then, all that remains is pure white ash.
Apr 29, 2022
Wasn't aware. Just stumbled upon this video. Do think Pastor Anderson made good points in this particular video, because they say other things i don't agree with doesn't discount everything they say.

My own theory about the matter is romans 8. Nothing can separate us from the love of god.
I'm not a christian, so i can't really offer my opinion on that. He does make some good points in his videos since he brings up a lot of scripture, just be critical of what he says.

Reactions: lostmyacc
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: woe-boy, Hirokami, Trezzohno and 13 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020

It's the ultimate form of the "offer you can't refuse" from a god who behaves more like a Mafia boss than a loving father. Accept his twisted idea of love and allow yourself to be sucked into a co-dependent relationship, and then you get to be in his fan club forever, but if you don't, he sends you to an eternal concentration camp that is 1000x worse than the Soviet prison camps in Siberia.

I'm not a christian, so i can't really offer my opinion on that. He does make some good points in his videos since he brings up a lot of scripture, just be critical of what he says.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to be critical of the scripture itself? If we can't count on the accuracy of the sources he's drawing his information from, then anything Pastor Anderson has to say is unreliable from the get go.

• Love
Reactions: watchingthewheels, The Divine Comedy, DerTod and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Yes, I agree.

• Love
Reactions: ForeverBlue, The Divine Comedy and Talvikki
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
Death is either change or eternal oblivion (nothing). Eternal oblivion would mean that when your brain dies, your consciousness seizes to exist. I.e. there is no afterlife.
If death is change then there are many possibilities. 1) Something infinitely better (e.g. heaven) 2) Something infinitely worse (e.g. hell) 3) Similar (e.g. rebirth or reincarnation).
It's all three!

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
The world itself is too complicated for the afterlife to be so predictable.

At the end of the day no one knows what the afterlife is like until one is dead.

That's why I don't buy into all these 'I've been to hell/heaven' vids on youtube.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui and Alex6216
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not believe that there is anything after this life, when we die we cease to exist and that is the end of everything for us, we are gone. I believe death to be like how before we were born, where time passed and yet we were not aware of anything. Death is freedom from all suffering and it is all that I want. This life really is hell as so much pain exists and there is no limit as to how bad things can get. To me, it is horrifying that life is even a thing in the first place.

Reactions: Passersby and ForeverBlue
D

Deleted member 847

I know there's no real evidence for boltzmann brains and stuff like that, they're just thought experiments (if this is true, then this happens scenarios), but I just can't wrap my head around the fact, even though I know how statistically unlikely life already is in our universe, that in an infinite amount of time, in the whole of reality (reality could be bigger than our universe. For all we know there could be other universes. Or we might be in a simulation. Or maybe the truth is even crazier than that. There could be forces that we will never be able to detect behind all of this) that my consciousness will never again reemerge. It's intuitive to think that death is the end. Heck, I even had an experience that seemed to confirm that to me. When I passed out from hanging myself, it did seem as if I skipped whole minutes of time. For 4 minutes in real life, there was only 1 second in my consciousness' subjective clock. I mean in minute 0 I was with my head in the noose, and in minute 4 I was on the floor paralyzed. All of that to my consciousness happened in an instant. So when my brain will die, an infinite amount of time will pass in an instant in my subjective clock, just like these minutes of hanging passed in an instant to my consciousness when I hanged myself. The only way I'm going to stay dead for eternity is if in an infinite amount of time nothing will happen in reality that will lead to the reemergence of my mind.

I just don't think we have enough data points on what reality is to be completely sure that death is the end.

TL;DR : we don't know

Reactions: Alex6216
Nodius

Nodius

Pray.
Jun 8, 2022
If this life is painful, imagine how bad hell is. Remember, hell is designed for the fallen angels, satan and the nephillim. The people who goes there are just fillers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex6216
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Life is hell. Death is annihilation of hell.
- Thomas Ligotti

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
F

ForeverBlue

Jun 7, 2022
I used to sort of believe in Heavan and hell but now just think it's bullshit. The way hell is described is just what life is like on earth imo.

F

Famous Last Words

"Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."
Feb 24, 2022

Girl of sixteen
Whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists
Bored with life
Didn't succeed
Thank the Lord
For small mercies

Fighting back the tears
Mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind
She takes the blame
It's always the same
She goes down on her knees and prays

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
Got a sick sense of humor
And when I die
I expect to find Him laughing

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die

Girl of eighteen
Fell in love with everything
Found new life in Jesus Christ
Hit by a car
Ended up
On a life support machine

Summer's day
As she passed away
Birds were singing
In the summer's sky
Then came the rain
And once again
A tear fell
From her mother's eye

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
And when I die
I expect to find Him

• Love
Reactions: DerTod
D

Deleted member 847

This place already is hell for some people (and animals).
Luckily it isn't for me.
But man I've seen some videos...
:'(

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I want to burn in the lake of fire and brimstone prepared for the devil and his angels.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Yeah I think Christian pastors and such who try to threaten people with hellfire are either hugely out of touch or have just never suffered. I highly doubt it gets worse than what we go through every day. It's senseless suffering too, what did we do to deserve being born in the first place? Non existence was just fine. Babies are innocents, this world corrupts and kills all of that, producing all manner of monsters that prey on others. Human beings are a failed experiment.

Reactions: VivantMort and Hirokami
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I want to burn in the lake of fire and brimstone prepared for the devil and his angels.
The way you describe it sounds like you believe in it. Why would you want to go there?