Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I would want people here to have fast closure if/when I go.

Doing a "live feed" seems pretty wrong, (distasteful shit oeople put on thise things), not that I woudn't, I think.

It's sometimes it's so unreal when someone just leaves us in the blink of an eye. Hard to process that they might be gone. I think i'm usually the last to get it

Last edited:
Reactions: Trashcan, About_to_Go, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
And I dread thd idea i could traumatise ppl, I don't know if I'm just immune to the discomfort this topic brings people, that my "empathy" is just plain fucked

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, About_to_Go and 2 others
H

Hollie

Nov 1, 2018
There are apps available for android that allow you to schedule an email or SMS to be sent

Reactions: vacuums, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and 4 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Live feed is the best you could do.

Reactions: Trashcan, GreenLantern and FornaxMM
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Would there be any benefit to having a partner, here on ss, with whom you agree that if that other person doesn't hear from you within, say, three days, to post a "eulogy thread"? You would do similarly for them, should they ctb first. Sort of an ss-specific, farewell "dead man's switch," so to speak. (In case anyone's interested, there are "dead man's switch" internet services, to send emails or release documents should you not check in after a specified amount of time. This is one of those I found: https://www.deadmansswitch.net/)

The way I see it working, you'd give your partner a PM warning that you're planning to ctb within the next week, then check in with them every day on that PM, and when you fall silent they post a thread telling the community here that you're gone.

This is something I've wondered about quite a bit over the last couple weeks. I don't feel comfortable posting a farewell thread --I've flinched too often, and I would feel like I'm "crying wolf"-- but I've considered asking a couple people here whom I trust to post such a "eulogy thread". Sadly (for me) it appears one of them has already succeeded in catching his bus.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, FornaxMM and 1 other person
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Would there be any benefit to having a partner, here on ss, with whom you agree that if that other person doesn't hear from you within, say, three days, to post a "eulogy thread"? You would do similarly for them, should they ctb first. Sort of an ss-specific, farewell "dead man's switch," so to speak. (In case anyone's interested, there are "dead man's switch" internet services, to send emails or release documents should you not check in after a specified amount of time. This is one of those I found: https://www.deadmansswitch.net/)

The way I see it working, you'd give your partner a PM warning that you're planning to ctb within the next week, then check in with them every day on that PM, and when you fall silent they post a thread telling the community here that you're gone.

This is something I've wondered about quite a bit over the last couple weeks. I don't feel comfortable posting a farewell thread --I've flinched too often, and I would feel like I'm "crying wolf"-- but I've considered asking a couple people here whom I trust to post such a "eulogy thread". Sadly (for me) it appears one of them has already succeeded in catching his bus.
I like your ideas. With one flaw, this is the internet and we are all relative strangers, even if we feel close...I mean, not that it happens, but it would be pretty easy to do all these things and just not respond or get back on the site, leading people to believe you've ctb...I don't know. Curiosity does abound though, especially when we are left hanging if someone is ok or passed on. I feel really close to a few members here and I know it will be hard on me when they are gone, for whatever reason.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and Lifeisatrap
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I've thought about this in terms of my own death and wondered, if I were to ask my full name to be reported in the media in my suicide note, is this likely to be honoured? If so I'd happily give someone I trust my legal name before I leave just so that it could be linked to an article and proven. Mostly just because I don't want any speculation, not that people would even care to speculate, I would like the proof to be out there and also available to any long lost friends who know me by name and might come across the info sometime.

Reactions: vacuums, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Trashcan