• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
Basically as the title says. I know I don't want to carry on living, but I do really love my bf and want to minimise his suffering when I do go. Any ideas welcome.

caffeine

caffeine

Jun 21, 2018
The best thing you can do is assure them that it was in no way their fault and that there was nothing they could have done to prevent it. Your loved ones feeling sadness is inevitable, but I believe that if you leave behind a very thorough note, you can at least stop them from feeling regret. The goal is to eliminate the need to ruminate over hypotheticals (e.g. "what could I have done differently?", "what if I didn't do x that one time?") by answering as many questions as possible, and insisting that there truly was no way for them to help you.

C

Cat

Jun 21, 2018
Hmm, discussing it with your bf in advance is not possible? If I had someone close, I would want them to talk to me about things like that.

Reactions: dano6533 and mukthi
G

guildford91rs

Jun 22, 2018
I've already started writing a note trying to explain my reasons and saying there was nothing he could do.

He's suffered from depression and been suicidal himself in the past but he's on anti-depressants now. I've considered talking to him about it, but I don't want to re-trigger his depression. Although having been suicidal himself, maybe he'll at least understand that it's nothing to do with him...

Reactions: dano6533 and mukthi
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
The best thing you can do is assure them that it was in no way their fault and that there was nothing they could have done to prevent it. .
I agree.

Try to be as clear as possible in a letter/note, if you leave one, so the people left behind don't think it is their fault you killed yourself.

I was writing an autobiography with lots and lots of thoughts, so they could know better about me and what lead me to this ultimate decision, but upon reflecting on it, I think it is a bad idea. Leaving behind so many words... Is not for the best. Every person interpret things in a different manner, even if only slightly. It is not unlikely that someone would get wrong ideas when reading my biography, leading them to blame themselves. So, ultimately, I think it was more of a selfish act. Maybe I was writing it because of my own vanity.

Reactions: dano6533
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
You have to be careful when writing a note. Words can be misinterpreted. That's why I'm probably leaving without one. How could I ever explain to them why I wanted to leave anyway.

Lowri

Lowri

Jun 19, 2018
I plan on making it look like an ''accident''. Much easier to proces and less taboo.

N

Nate

May 11, 2018
Note idea. Critiques welcome. Mods delete this if it's out of line please.

I would like to first say that I am sorry for doing this. I don't want to bring pain to those who love me. That is not my intention in the slightest. My intention is simply this: I do not want to be alive anymore. This does not mean that I hate anybody, or hold anything against anyone. I do not resent a single person.

I would like to say that I love my family. I understand you have done what's best for me, and I am thankful for that. So please, do not think this is in any way whatsoever your fault. It is not. This decision is purely mine, and it's entirely my fault.

I would also like to say that I have had a happy life. I believe I have felt everything there is to feel. I do not believe I am missing out on a full life experience.

You might think this is selfish. I wish you will forgive me. But this is truly what I want. Like I said, my intention is to die peacefully, not to harm anyone, or make them feel guilt, or anything of that nature. In the event that you do, please, I request you do not feel these things. This decision is my fault and my fault alone.

I hope you will understand that it really is this simple - that I just don't want to be alive anymore. It's not that I am scared of the future, or I feel unfulfilled. I just wish to be gone. I have been here on Earth, I've experienced, learned, and loved life, and now, I am ready to go.

I ask that if you love me, please let me go. I ask that you understand that this is what I want. It's ok to be happy without me, I don't want to be missed.

With love, thank you, --------

D

Decker

Jun 12, 2018
Basically as the title says. I know I don't want to carry on living, but I do really love my bf and want to minimise his suffering when I do go. Any ideas welcome.

I would like to first say that I am sorry for doing this. I don't want to bring pain to those who love me. That is not my intention in the slightest. My intention is simply this: I do not want to be alive anymore. This does not mean that I hate anybody, or hold anything against anyone. I do not resent a single person.

I would like to say that I love my family. I understand you have done what's best for me, and I am thankful for that. So please, do not think this is in any way whatsoever your fault. It is not. This decision is purely mine, and it's entirely my fault.

I would also like to say that I have had a happy life. I believe I have felt everything there is to feel. I do not believe I am missing out on a full life experience.

You might think this is selfish. I wish you will forgive me. But this is truly what I want. Like I said, my intention is to die peacefully, not to harm anyone, or make them feel guilt, or anything of that nature. In the event that you do, please, I request you do not feel these things. This decision is my fault and my fault alone.

I hope you will understand that it really is this simple - that I just don't want to be alive anymore. It's not that I am scared of the future, or I feel unfulfilled. I just wish to be gone. I have been here on Earth, I've experienced, learned, and loved life, and now, I am ready to go.

I ask that if you love me, please let me go. I ask that you understand that this is what I want. It's ok to be happy without me, I don't want to be missed.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018

thats great just the way i want to say it when i end my life