dynastickitten

dynastickitten

Jan 12, 2024
The death was long overdue. Watched this woman get practically tortured by her daughter as that woman forced her, despite her physical pain, despite the fact that she wasn't even present in her body anymore, despite the fact that she couldn't eat or drink anything anymore, to get up out of bed everyday and go into a dining room full of other people. That woman refused to put her mother on hospice, which provides aggressive pain relief (aka, frequent doses of morphine), permanent bed rest, and a quicker death by stopping all medications. Poor lady was denied any dignity or compassion in her last weeks of life.

The relief was so obvious when she died. Death is so instinctually scary, but I've seen it so many times in person across countless species. It's instantaneous peace. I don't encourage suicide, but I understand the necessity even if I don't like it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, Illegal Preclear, thewalkingdread and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Sadly, there are people kept at home with worse situations. The facility could have intevened but that gets into sll the privacy protections.
Death awaits us all. It is now only the people here that have to wait too long.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace, it sounds so horrifying what that individual went through and at least now they cannot suffer anymore, I certainly see death as the only relief.