• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

itsmyBPD

Aug 11, 2022
However when I went to the store to get the charcoal, I realized it was raining. So now I'm in my room trying to practice and (hopefully) still get the results I want just at home. But man is charcoal hard as hell to light.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
People use "chimney starters" to light charcoal. It's the easiest way. Some people compact newspapers into the bottom of the chimney starter and then put the charcoal in and light the compacted paper. Others use charcoal lighter fluid. It really makes no difference because the impurities (the newspaper, the lighter fluid, impurities in the charcoal itself) are going to be allowed to burn off first (charcoals need to reach red/white hot) before even introducing them into a small space (tent, small room, etc). Charcoal can also be started (lit) with the aide of a propane torch, like a Bernz-O-Matic.

Reactions: Cakeisalie
I

itsmyBPD

Aug 11, 2022
People use "chimney starters" to light charcoal. It's the easiest way. Some people compact newspapers into the bottom of the chimney starter and then put the charcoal in and light the compacted paper. Others use charcoal lighter fluid. It really makes no difference because the impurities (the newspaper, the lighter fluid, impurities in the charcoal itself) are going to be allowed to burn off first (charcoals need to reach red/white hot) before even introducing them into a small space (tent, small room, etc). Charcoal can also be started (lit) with the aide of a propane torch, like a Bernz-O-Matic.
Thanks for this. I was trying not to use anything extra bc I thought the chemicals would be too much. But this helps.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You just need to let the impurities burn off. There shouldn't be any smoke, or very, very little at most (impurities no longer present), when the charcoals are red/white hot. At this point this is when the charcoals are producing copious amounts of invisible CO gas. That's when you place them into whatever enclosure you have and wait more time to allow the CO level to build-up in your enclosure.

Now, here's the disclaimer: the higher the CO level gets, the quicker, and more painless, the death. Lower levels of CO may still kill someone, but it will take more time. The longer someone is exposed to CO and not rendered unconscious, the more symptoms they may consciously experience, some of which may be very uncomfortable, even painful. At low CO levels, or even at high levels, whereby someone isn't "allowed" to be exposed long enough (they get "saved" before death), irreparable neurological damage can occur - basically, if someone ends up surviving the attempt, they could end up a vegetable for life.

There's a formula for calculating how much charcoal to use for a given volume of space. I suggest you do more research on this method before attempting. Ideally, someone would want to achieve a CO concentration of 10,000 PPM (Parts Per Million), or more, in their enclosure. How do you know if the CO level is that high? They make an analyzer that measures CO concentration, but you need one that measures that high. It can be successfully done without it, and it has many times, but it's more risky. That's why it's important to do your homework on this method.

Reactions: SVEN, Cakeisalie and Patches
I

itsmyBPD

Aug 11, 2022
You just need to let the impurities burn off. There shouldn't be any smoke, or very, very little at most (impurities no longer present), when the charcoals are red/white hot. At this point this is when the charcoals are producing copious amounts of invisible CO gas. That's when you place them into whatever enclosure you have and wait more time to allow the CO level to build-up in your enclosure.

Now, here's the disclaimer: the higher the CO level gets, the quicker, and more painless, the death. Lower levels of CO may still kill someone, but it will take more time. The longer someone is exposed to CO and not rendered unconscious, the more symptoms they may consciously experience, some of which may be very uncomfortable, even painful. At low CO levels, or even at high levels, whereby someone isn't "allowed" to be exposed long enough (they get "saved" before death), irreparable neurological damage can occur - basically, if someone ends up surviving the attempt, they could end up a vegetable for life.

There's a formula for calculating how much charcoal to use for a given volume of space. I suggest you do more research on this method before attempting. Ideally, someone would want to achieve a CO concentration of 10,000 PPM (Parts Per Million), or more, in their enclosure. How do you know if the CO level is that high? They make an analyzer that measures CO concentration, but you need one that measures that high. It can be successfully done without it, and it has many times, but it's more risky. That's why it's important to do your homework on this method.
where can I find in depth info on this method? specifically using a care as my enclosure

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Don't know about using the car as an "enclosure", not saying it won't work, because it can, but someone would have to seal up any potential leakage points. Anyway, I see you're very new here and you don't have the benefit of the "search function", yet. You need to get your post count up, and be active on the site for some amount of time, and the search function will appear in the upper right hand corner of any page you're on. In the meantime, here's a link to the CO Megathread. It should have some information to get you started and learn more about the CO method.

CO Megathread

Here's another link with some more info:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/co-method-questions.131183/#post-2140811

Here's one more:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/charcoal-alot-of-speculation.117527/#post-1980184

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I hope that you eventually find the freedom you search for.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
where can I find in depth info on this method? specifically using a care as my enclosure
I don't think you really need anything in-depth. A car is just an enclosure, not unlike a tent. You just need to seal off everything you can - vents, under doors,, etc. I've read tens of thousands of postings on SaSu and I can't remember anything specific about readying a car to use as an enclosure for CO CTB, other than just sealing it up well everywhere you can think of. In other words there's no step-by-step guide that I'm aware of.