• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
A few months ago I was sectioned, I had made posts on here about it, granted they were more me simply panicking. I had been meaning to write a follow up on my experience though I never got around to it. But, here it is.

I was brought into the emergency room in July after I had accidentally overdosed on benzos and opioids. Few days from my memory gone as I do not remember much of this, and I barely remember when I first woke after being blacked out. Was there for a while due to mental health team not being able to come in and also them having to find me a place in a ward. Not much to say about that other than it was disastrous. I was on 24/7 watch, it felt humiliating to have eyes on me all the time, especially with the way staff would talk and react to me as if I was a circus animal. In some way I understand why they do have to put people on watch, but God it does not feel good, worst of all is having to change clothes or shower etc. Brought back some traumatic memories. Not the nurses fault, but I felt nauseated.

A week goes by and at last I am seen by a team, final sort of evaluation before they cart me off, which they did. I expected it, I was in a state and hadn't been looking after myself at all. It was ran by the NHS, and was an utter mess. Understaffed and underpaid workers. I am in this place for just over 2 months and I saw a therapist once when I first arrived and another time just after my grandmother passed away after battling cancer. That situation made things much harder for me, during my stay I was able to visit her a few times, though final few days she was back at home instead of in a hospital - staff said I couldn't go due to journey and risks. Then, she began seizing again and was placed back into hospital. I asked to see her, and staff said the ward was having a busy day and to participate in group activities then I could see her tomorrow. I obliged, I did not want to fight. Of course, I never got that tomorrow. I feel guilty. I wish I did not just go along with it. If I said something else I could of gotten the chance. When I was told what happened, I remember I did not cry at first, my eyes just widened, I went into complete shock, staring at a wall finding it hard to catch my breath. The next time I saw her she was lifeless and cold. I knelt down beside the hospital bed and held her hand, I couldn't speak no words other than to sob. Next few days at the ward I was sedated as of my panic attacks in the night. Practically screaming over and over, "I'm sorry." Reaction from staff was that I was childish.

I have not much else to say about it overall, it changed nothing for me. I am left feeling even less of a person than before. Life is nothing but an endless battle of endurance and suffering. I am fighting a battle that I do not want to fight. To me, I believe it rarely ever works if you try and force help upon people. Our system is skewed. I have to laugh at pro-lifer arguments who seem to believe that help is so easy to get, or even desired. Look at reality; it's not. More times it only causes a person more distress and struggle than previously.

• Hugs
Reactions: Introspector, reclaimedbynature and straydog
inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Yeah Ive seen patients on watch and as a patient myself at the time I know how uncomfortable it must've been for the guy. I worry this is what will happen to me if I end up sectioned again.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful
sorrowful

sorrowful

Feb 13, 2023
@Coco03 is unfortunately in a ward right now so maybe you can advise her on what to expect. She escaped....well almost.
Luckily, I am out now! And I promise I am not an escapee.. Lol

straydog

straydog

Aug 27, 2023
You sound like a truly kind, compassionate person. I'm sorry you had to endure such a dehumanizing experience. I completely agree that the structures in place that are supposed to help us often fail us. I believe in the possibility of recovery but, as you said, it can't be forced.

I hope today treats you well.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful, reclaimedbynature and inaminute
sorrowful

sorrowful

Feb 13, 2023
You sound like a truly kind, compassionate person. I'm sorry you had to endure such a dehumanizing experience. I completely agree that the structures in place that are supposed to help us often fail us. I believe in the possibility of recovery but, as you said, it can't be forced.

I hope today treats you well.
It's upsetting that many people don't have access to the right care and support systems for recovery.

Thank you, truly. You are lovely, I can only hope today treats you well too. Best wishes. šŸ¤

CocoToxBase

CocoToxBase

Experienced
Jan 8, 2024
@Coco03 is unfortunately in a ward right now so maybe you can advise her on what to expect. She escaped....well almost.
The best escapee out there šŸ’€

• Yay!
Reactions: Deleted member 82921 and sorrowful
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I've been sanctioned a few times. Although it wasn't paradise, it really wasn't all that bad. The biggest thing I hated having to do, was sit in a room with a counselor and a bunch of other patients and explain why I was there, and how I was feeling. They no longer made me go when I refused to explain anything.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful