N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In my country there is a huge movement wanting to reform the catholic church. It is called the synodal path. The vatican lectured the movement recently to stop their behavior. The aim of the movement is to modernize the catholic church, to clear the past concerning the sexual abuse cases. They want to abolish the celibacy and give women more power. I think one conservative catholic guy said they want to reform the catholic church into the Protestant church. (lol) I think the attempt is pretty hopeless and depserate. Every year a lot of people leave the churches in my country. I like that a lot. I want that the churches lose influence. The most mighty party in my country is christian-conservative. They are the main reason why assisted suicide is so stigmatized in my country. In polls it is evident the people want liberal assisted suicide laws. But the parties and media are very paternalistic concerning this issue.

In the media you can see interviews with young believers with so much hope, ambitious and idealism to change the church for the better. Soryy to disappoint you but this won't happen. I rather think the churches will move away from Europe. In Latin America and Africa there are the most loyal believers. I am not hat sure whether in Latin America they lose members or not. But I think these countries are usually less secular. Less atheists live there (I think)
I really doubt all these old ass clergymen will listen to some reformers in Germany. I think they don't give a shit about all the abuse and immoral behavior. It is kind of proved that also the chruches in Germany did not care while the people still maintained members. Only due to the fact that so many people leave they ree-valuated thwir behavior. They are so hypocritical. It is not about all the pain they have caused. Their sole aim is to protect the church. There are myriads of proofs that the church tried to cover their ass as good as possible. Fog everything as good as possible.

Last edited:
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
There was already a Reformation; the Protestant one.

I don't think it worked out particularly well, in my opinion.

If anything, the Catholic Church needs to be "reformed" in reverse.

It needs to repeal Vatican 2, go back to the traditional latin mass, and revive western monasticism.

They also need to clean fucking house and uproot the Freemasons and child rapists within the church.

All that being said, the church should have no sway on political matters.

Reactions: Disappointered
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Christianity is rotten to the core, reform is impossible. All churches, catholic and protestant, should be shut down and turned into pagan temples and art exhibitions. If christians want to worship jews so badly, they should go to israel.